British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

1 hour ago, jenga said:

not good news on the stadium being rejected.....

its brilliant news . 

people in so called high places trying to make their mark on cumbria.

i wonder who pays the bill for all the track being dug up .

or is it just another money making scam to get more cash out of the system 

Europe aint gonna be happy , paying for something that wont get built !

that news will keep this thread ticking over nicely until xmas  .LOL.

So Derwent Park for the ball games...and Speedway over to Borough Park..simps...........get shifting that shale asap.

Just now, singy13 said:

people in so called high places trying to make their mark on cumbria.

second name is Jenkinson.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, singy13 said:

So Derwent Park for the ball games...and Speedway over to Borough Park..simps...........get shifting that shale asap.

the Reds ground would be better than DP for speedway only , but it will not happen unless dp gets its make over (again) !

Confirmed in the news and star 3hours ago that the decision was taken at todays executive meeting to reject the new stadium plan. The council is instead asking its officers to come up with a smaller scale plan for a 'new stadium'. Decision reported to have been met with anger by representatives of Town and Reds.

it was stated prior to the meeting that a previous plan for Borough Park mooted by a long term reds supporter which included keeping the existing terracing while demolishing and replacing everything around this was to be discussed at todays meeting. Bet that idea will set the cat among the pigeons at Derwent Park. This has some way to run yet !.

All this just makes the premature destruction of the track even more exasperating.

16 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Daft thing is borough park would prob fail noise tests seem to remember dig track did when tested in the 80,s.

27 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Daft thing is borough park would prob fail noise tests seem to remember dig track did when tested in the 80,s.

Why was the 'dog' track tested ? It was a shambles of a stadium even in the 1960/70s.....

59 minutes ago, jenga said:

had a jig saw like that once , 530 pieces in a 500 jig saw and some of the pieces actually fitted into place , even tho it was from another jig saw ..now thats pressure for ya !

That's too many pieces for me, 48's me limit.

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

That's too many pieces for me, 48's me limit.

i can do a 300 one in about 5 mins as long as i have my rubber headed hammer !

37 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Why was the 'dog' track tested ? It was a shambles of a stadium even in the 1960/70s.....

A guy said he had backing to put a track in and was going to run comets even had a fans forum with jacko and tim swales bspa chairman at the time , turned out he was a petrol attendant from i think harrogate .mid 80s or early 90s 

28 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

A guy said he had backing to put a track in and was going to run comets even had a fans forum with jacko and tim swales bspa chairman at the time , turned out he was a petrol attendant from i think harrogate .mid 80s or early 90s 

From Harrogate.........Posh Petrol attendant then.....lucky escape..for us.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

No fryer 

Jenkinson is the main opponent of new stadium..deputy chairman.

As Workington fans, despite all their frustrations, still seem to have a good sense of humour, perhaps they will enjoy this little tale which was related to me by Tony Mole himself:

When Tony obtained a planning consent to bring speedway back to Workington, it was granted much against the wishes of the Council's Head of Environmental Services who had strongly recommended refusal. The Council man was so miffed by the decision to ignore his recommendation that he took to walking round knocking on doors to encourage people to complain. On knocking at one door, it was answered by an elderly lady. "Can you hear the speedway from here" asked the Council man - "Oh yes, I can hear it from here" came the answer. "Well that is disgraceful, you shouldn't have to put up with this at your time of life" said the Council man - "Would you like to send a letter of complaint to the Council?" 

"Oh well, I'm not very good at writing letters" says the old lady. "Well don't you worry about that my dear" replies the Council man - "I will send a lady from my office round to see you   on Saturday and she'll be able to help you write one." "All right" says the old lady - "only tell her not to come on Saturday as I'll be at the speedway - I go there every week!"

• Like 3

there is something strange about that wee tale . 

answers on this thread plz .

Edited by jenga
cannot spell wee

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Taylorj said:

I'm really pleased with the result its been rejected as will a lot of others I know :approve:

Yes lets give the 2 s***holes a lick of paint each, and Bobs your uncle this part of West Cumbria can remain steadfastly in the 19th Century.

Why would Workington want or need  a state of the art multi function community stadium making use of historically low interest rates and interested prospective partners, when they already have the delights of BP and DP............

Absolutely pathetic, backward thinking idiots, and that is not just aimed at the lily livered excuse for councillors who have voted this down.

Edited by Carlislecomet2
  • Like 1