British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Eastbourne 28.6.19

I'm sure I have seen it mentioned somewhere that with Garrity more than likely ready the week after, Worrall would be our guest.

Ironic scunny looking for guests on a fri night , are other tracks allowed to race on fri nights ??

• Haha 1

YES! Edinburgh, Glasgow, Redcar as well as Scunthorpe & any other team that has an ALTERNATIVE race night when any of these 4 are racing. You would know this if your promoter turned up at the AGM.

Oops, sorry. You did not have a representative in 2017:oops: :rolleyes:, then had one there in 2018 only to disband early in 2019 when financial promises did not follow through. :sad: :blush:

Still, we do not want to see any clubs leave our sport for whatever reasons. :nono: so chill & have a :drink: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

YES! Edinburgh, Glasgow, Redcar as well as Scunthorpe & any other team that has an ALTERNATIVE race night when any of these 4 are racing. You would know this if your promoter turned up at the AGM.

Oops, sorry. You did not have a representative in 2017:oops: :rolleyes:, then had one there in 2018 only to disband early in 2019 when financial promises did not follow through. :sad: :blush:

Still, we do not want to see any clubs leave our sport for whatever reasons. :nono: so chill & have a :drink: 

it only takes one promoter or one member of the management team to be there . who went with mr Godfrey to hold his hand then ?

13 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

edit  DOUBLE POST .

Edited by jenga

9 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Be careful.....Workington asked to move to Fridays at the same time as Scunthorpe and Glasgow both of whose promoters at the time were on the management team.

Guess who got what they wanted?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Forward thinking as it was mentioned at pre AGM Meetings at Rugby that we wished to move BACK to a Friday.

2 hours ago, jenga said:

it only takes one promoter or one member of the management team to be there . who went with mr Godfrey to hold his hand then ?

Normally 2 ...................... to hold his hands behind his back to stop an altercation with the likes of you & a few others.:nono: :icon_smile_clown: chill pill guys. :rolleyes:

I wish Workington fans would stop bleating the comets had there best season ever , so here is some options for you all to consider 

1- The town of Workington didn’t support there speedway team in big enough numbers

2- The Comets promotion paid over the odds last season for success 

3- The promotion should never have put a side together this season , for them to be let down very late  , not nice as it’s cost one of there riders from returning to these shores to race

ie  Mason Compton

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I wish Workington fans would stop bleating the comets had there best season ever , so here is some options for you all to consider 

1- The town of Workington didn’t support there speedway team in big enough numbers

3- The promotion should never have put a side together this season , for them to be let down very late  , not nice as it’s cost one of there riders from returning to these shores to race

ie  Mason Compton

stop bleating about the bush and tell it like you think it is ..lol

19 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

ie  Mason Compton

And something for you to  consider , which in your lifetime will more than likely never happen but one can always dream ............

1. What it would feel like to win the "TREBLE" :lol::approve:

• Haha 2

Elation, actually. Even the QUADROUPLE + Fours, Pairs & Individual Champion.

http://www.scunthorpe-speedway.com/?page_id=2840

"I was there" are words that I can use as I have followed Scunthorpe Speedway through thick & thin at Quibell Park & Ashby Ville to the present days at the EWR. I also travelled down to Mildenhall in 2011 & down to Somerset in 2012.

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Thanks 2

Any team news going to head over and bringing a newbie as well 

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Elation, actually. Even the QUADROUPLE + Fours, Pairs & Individual Champion.

http://www.scunthorpe-speedway.com/?page_id=2840

"I was there" are words that I can use as I have followed Scunthorpe Speedway through thick & thin at Quibell Park & Ashby Ville to the present days at the EWR. I also travelled down to Mildenhall in 2011 & down to Somerset in 2012.

:blink: Mmmmmm not quite the same . Reading that , I'm sure there is not a "TREBLE" in the same season , if you want you to take it across previous years , you can add the Pairs 2012 and Fours (not 100% sure the years but around 2009/10) to the Comets glorys  then !!!! :lol: