British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

Sorry speaking as a speedway fan and not a Belle vue fan. Fair enough to call time on a meeting if there is an official curfew and the club has no choice but if there is not then to me no club/ref should have the power to make their own rules up on the night and just call any match not just this one at a certain time because for whatever reason it suits them.

Two reasons why it is wrong, if speedway is supposed to be a professional sport then the only way to get a true result is to run the meeting to its conclusion it not only affects the 2 teams racing but other teams as well as with it being a league match the result could affect another teams place in the league table and possibly be the cause of another team not reaching the play offs.

The other reason is the fans, everyone has paid to watch 15 heats of speedway so if a meeting is called for no official reason then to me the fans have been robbed of 3 heats of speedway everyone then has a choice to stay and watch or leave its then their choice as it should be.

Only my opinion but its things like this that to me make our sport look very unprofessional.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Sorry speaking as a speedway fan and not a Belle vue fan. Fair enough to call time on a meeting if there is an official curfew and the club has no choice but if there is not then to me no one should have the power to just call any match not just this one at a certain time because for whatever reason it suits them.

Two reasons why it is wrong, if speedway is supposed to be a professional sport then the only way to get a true result is to run the meeting to its conclusion it not only affects the 2 teams racing but other teams as well as with it being a league match the result could affect another teams place in the league table and possibly be the cause of another team not reaching the play offs.

The other reason is the fans, everyone has paid to watch 15 heats of speedway so if a meeting is called for no official reason then to me the fans have been robbed of 3 heats of speedway everyone then has a choice to stay and watch or leave its then their choice as it should be.

Only my opinion but its things like this that to me make our sport look very unprofessional.

Everyone got a discount off last weeks meeting. They provided their entry ticket for the BV meeting and got in for £3 less.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Everyone got a discount off last weeks meeting. They provided their entry ticket for the BV meeting and got in for £3 less.

Fair enough re point 2 but what about the main point if a match does not run to its conclusion for no official reason the result is not a true result and can affect other clubs etc.

Edited by B.V 72

A meeting can be called after heat 10.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:12 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

that's fair enough then,i'll drive down from Manchester to see the next Poole match (not against Belle Vue) and save myself £3.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:25 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

A meeting can be called after heat 10.

surely that can only be for a valid reason, a curfew where there's no curfew is not a valid reason