British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Edinburgh vs Newcastle SGB Championship 27/09/19 7.30pm

57 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You do realise the track was soaking and times were 5/6 seconds slower than normal.

Which simply makes it a little trickier than normal! :lol:

58 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

You do realise the track was soaking and times were 5/6 seconds slower than normal.

I gathered that and as it was a nothing meeting and had to be ridden to get the fixture in.It just  shows a disregard to the paying customer again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

So was the track rideable or raceable ? ;)

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

So was the track rideable or raceable ? ;)

Rideable. Borderline raceable. Bends 3 and 4 were certainly iffy judging by the number of rider errors and falls that occurred there. I heard that Friday was the last available date for the fixture as Edinburgh's Aussies are due  to fly home next week.

Newcastle management were told on Thursday afternoon that Danny HAD to ride for Belle Vue with it being a Play Off fixture, even though it was a re-arranged fixture (from the Thursday) and by rights the Newcastle fixture was in the diary first and should of taken precedence. They certainly weren't happy with the decision.

17 hours ago, Aceslider said:

Well I got that totally wrong!

Assumed because Bloom89 is (according to profile) a Diamonds supporter that he/she was reporting signings for Newcastle.

It sounded too good to be true, and it was!

Sorry! Was only reporting what I’d seen my bad.

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

i am not one to look at race times and i can assure you race time do not interest me . i love good honest , clean racing .

was heat 1..  5/6 seconds slower than the normal times ? 

i will prob look and see how times differ from a normal dry track , as to a wet one .

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

i am not one to look at race times and i can assure you race time do not interest me . i love good honest , clean racing .

was heat 1..  5/6 seconds slower than the normal times ? 

i will prob look and see how times differ from a normal dry track , as to a wet one .

Times at Armadale are around the 56 second mark last night they were around 60/61 mark.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Rideable. Borderline raceable. Bends 3 and 4 were certainly iffy judging by the number of rider errors and falls that occurred there. I heard that Friday was the last available date for the fixture as Edinburgh's Aussies are due  to fly home next week.

Newcastle management were told on Thursday afternoon that Danny HAD to ride for Belle Vue with it being a Play Off fixture, even though it was a re-arranged fixture (from the Thursday) and by rights the Newcastle fixture was in the diary first and should of taken precedence. They certainly weren't happy with the decision.

Art 16.1 of the Speedway Regulations states:

Fixtures shall take priority as follows:
FIM Speedway Grand Prix
Speedway Of Nations
Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying Meetings
FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings
FIM Speedway European Championship
FIM Europe U21 Championship
British Championships (Senior, Junior)
BSPA Shared and Fee Events
Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. (my emphasis)
NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Championship fixture should take priority over an NDL fixture at any time, regardless of when it was arranged. However it appears that this season an unwritten addition to Art 16.1 applies - 'the more important fixture shall take priority'.

That is subjective, but might be seen as commonsense. The precedent was set when Richard Lawson rode for Ipswich last Saturday so the Danny Phillips decision followed that precedent.

What should happen is that a 'Supplementary Regulation' be issued by the SCB clarifying that Play-Off fixtures take priority over other fixtures  - if that has been done it doesn't yet appear on the SCB website.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 16.1 of the Speedway Regulations states:

Fixtures shall take priority as follows:
FIM Speedway Grand Prix
Speedway Of Nations
Speedway Grand Prix Qualifying Meetings
FIM U21 World Speedway Championship Meetings
FIM Speedway European Championship
FIM Europe U21 Championship
British Championships (Senior, Junior)
BSPA Shared and Fee Events
Official Competitions: 1. SGB Premiership; 2. SGB Championship; 3. National Development League. (my emphasis)
NB. Non-Official Competitions have no priority over any of the above.

A Championship fixture should take priority over an NDL fixture at any time, regardless of when it was arranged. However it appears that this season an unwritten addition to Art 16.1 applies - 'the more important fixture shall take priority'.

That is subjective, but might be seen as commonsense. The precedent was set when Richard Lawson rode for Ipswich last Saturday so the Danny Phillips decision followed that precedent.

What should happen is that a 'Supplementary Regulation' be issued by the SCB clarifying that Play-Off fixtures take priority over other fixtures  - if that has been done it doesn't yet appear on the SCB website.

What about the unwritten rule, 'let's just see what we can get away with' ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Times at Armadale are around the 56 second mark last night they were around 60/61 mark.

Times aren't that important if the racing was ok considering the conditions.. but as it was a nothing meeting all the riders came away injury free which is a bonus 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

So should we expect Charles Wright to be riding for Peterborough next Sunday instead of Redcar, even though they shouldn't be riding on a Sunday (just like Ipswich shouldn't have been racing on a Saturday)? 

Or will this be another example of implementing the rule that doesn't exist? 

1 hour ago, OML said:

So should we expect Charles Wright to be riding for Peterborough next Sunday instead of Redcar, even though they shouldn't be riding on a Sunday (just like Ipswich shouldn't have been racing on a Saturday)? 

Charles Wright ( and Ulrich Ostergaard) should be quite straightforward - riding in the KO Cup Final is in accordance with the Regulations and the ‘more important’ meeting.....

Edited by NeilWatson

18 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Sorry! Was only reporting what I’d seen my bad.

No need to apologise but thanks anyway.

As a NUFC supporter, I am well conditioned to disappointments :)

On 10/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, soupy said:

I gathered that and as it was a nothing meeting and had to be ridden to get the fixture in.It just  shows a disregard to the paying customer again.

The paying customer has the choice to not go. Have never understood people going to a speedway meeting when there has been loads of rain and then complaining that the track was wet  or it doesn’t go the distance.

15 hours ago, OML said:

Pretty straightforward if one is a meaningful fixture and the other a dead rubber. Common sense. 

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The paying customer has the choice to not go. Have never understood people going to a speedway meeting when there has been loads of rain and then complaining that the track was wet  or it doesn’t go the distance.

I totally agree that you do not have to go but do you not think crowds are bad enough without support.Eventually will be no choice as it will be all done and dusted and tracks will close.