British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces 2020

21 minutes ago, coldace said:

Might be nice to try Pickering. By all accounts up and coming with a nice style.  Also, being used to small-track Edinburgh may do better away than Jye.  I wouldn't be disappointed with Jye as he'll score well at home. 

So you want Pickering just because he'll do better at Ipswich & Wolverhampton? 

Not a good logic

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

On insta he has said to a question asked to him that nobody as yet has contacted him. 

I'm pretty sure it will be him but rene bach been mentioned a few times  

I'd  take any of jye, bach or pickering 

I used to watch Rene when he first came over to Newcastle and in 2010 he was flying, I thought he would kick on and be something special unfortunately in 2011 I think he broke his leg and personally I don't think he's been the same since which is a shame. The big thing that let's him down is his gating 8/9 times out of 10 it's atrocious and he struggles against better riders because of it. 

I think he's been riding in Poland though so he could well be an option. I'd like to see him do well if he does sign for Belle Vue. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

So you want Pickering just because he'll do better at Ipswich & Wolverhampton? 

Not a good logic

No, not just because.  There is reason to believe that he could adapt to the Belle Vue track and do well.  His ability to do better on the small tracks would be a welcome bonus.  Over the past few years that has been our weakness.  Berge, Etheridge, Drodz all could score well at home but were really a liabilty away.  It's obvious that we will need a more solid team this year having unfortunately lost Max Fricke and Kenny Bjerre at the top.  Also, nice to see new faces.

Etheridge has moved forwards. He's still susceptible away but a lot of teams will have that issue.

Rene is who I thought Phil was referring to and I hope it's not him.

46 minutes ago, acef said:

Etheridge has moved forwards. He's still susceptible away but a lot of teams will have that issue.

Rene is who I thought Phil was referring to and I hope it's not him.

Jye 2019

championship league  home matches 8.67

championship league away matches. 4.72

this is why Belle vue dropped him in the first place

when he proves himself home and away in the Championship is the time for him to move up

Personally I'd much prefer Josh Pickering over Jye Etheridge, although I do rate the two... But Josh is so much faster and more exciting to watch... But I'd LOVE to see Rene Bach get a uk team place next season... Even if it's not with the Diamonds :(

1. Brady Kurtz 7.54 AUS
2. Steve Worrall 5.53 GBR
3. Charles Wright © 6.51 GBR
4. Dan Bewley 6.15 GBR
5. Peter Kildemand 7.10 DEN
6. Jye Etheridge 4.35 AUS
7. Jaimon Lidsey 5.16 AUS

I personally thought that this would be the team once Max and Kenneth weren't coming back and Brady and Peter got signed up... Still think it will be something similar, maybe Josh Pickering rather than Jye at 6? Not sure how the Aces still feel about Steve but I hope he gets fixed up somewhere and he'd go to number 7 pretty quickly imo... So not a lot of pressure on him... To start with that's a hell of a reserve pairing!! Especially Jaimon... Dan Bewley would be the best number 4 in the league and the heat leaders, although not the best, won't be the worst either... Interesting times for Belle Vue ahead

Also, Charles Wright for captain? Or is Dan ready?

Edited by Dandelion

23 minutes ago, Dandelion said:
1. Brady Kurtz 7.54 AUS
2. Steve Worrall 5.53 GBR
3. Charles Wright © 6.51 GBR
4. Dan Bewley 6.15 GBR
5. Peter Kildemand 7.10 DEN
6. Jye Etheridge 4.35 AUS
7. Jaimon Lidsey 5.16 AUS

I personally thought that this would be the team once Max and Kenneth weren't coming back and Brady and Peter got signed up... Still think it will be something similar, maybe Josh Pickering rather than Jye at 6? Not sure how the Aces still feel about Steve but I hope he gets fixed up somewhere and he'd go to number 7 pretty quickly imo... So not a lot of pressure on him... To start with that's a hell of a reserve pairing!! Especially Jaimon... Dan Bewley would be the best number 4 in the league and the heat leaders, although not the best, won't be the worst either... Interesting times for Belle Vue ahead

Also, Charles Wright for captain? Or is Dan ready?

steve would be captain  having done it previously !!

30 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

steve would be captain  having done it previously !!

Think Steve needs a little less pressure on him... Especially after last year, he struggled quite a bit, but hey I never watched him for Belle Vue, he might be worthy of it...

18 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Think Steve needs a little less pressure on him... Especially after last year, he struggled quite a bit, but hey I never watched him for Belle Vue, he might be worthy of it...

he is very worthy of it done a good job in the past he loves b/vue the broken leg has set him back last season & half lost is confidence a bit hopefully it will return he is a steal on his current average he should only improve ? if he doesn't he could well find himself leaving mid-season along with kildimand if he doesn't perform sadly !!

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

And Bewley would be second to Adam Ellis in the number four stakes!

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

dan will be far better next season came back to early from the horrific injuries he sustained end of 2018 !!

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

he will be heat leader after 1st month if we are signing wright ??

1 minute ago, geoff58 said:

he will be heat leader after 1st month if we are signing wright ??

Really? Wright is the better rider atm.