British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

indeed except that Screeny had everything namely talent, flair and determination. The only way Halder will get anywhere close to super joe is by buying a set of his old boots. 

Jamie has all of those things? He has talent, style... I've seen him pull off some superb moves in his time in the amateurs and the national league... And he's obviously got some determination, not one of these lads who don't get what they want so they walk away from the sport... Of which there has been numerous over the last 5 or 6 years... I'm not for one minute saying Jamie will get close to Joe at any point... I'm just saying that Joe has proved that the bigger lads can get somewhere in the sport

Edited by Dandelion

9 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Having seen Archie and Jamie last year... At this moment Jamie is a better rider on the 500s than Archie, maybe not round Brough though, that's not taking anything away from Archie as he's only just moved up and hasn't had much experience yet and I would expect him to surpass Jamie next year, but people shouldn't underestimate the abilities of Jamie if he gets an extended run of solid racing where he can remain uninjured... Very nice style he has, quiet and polite lad too... And his weight doesn't matter, look at Joe Screen, Gary O'Hare...

You ain't seen me on a cycle speedway bike either

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

indeed except that Screeny had everything namely talent, flair and determination. The only way Halder will get anywhere close to super joe is by buying a set of his old boots. 

Unfair post on jamie .. Joe's boots may be to big.. let's give the kid a chance..

Not a Newcastle fan but I do have a suggestion that maybe other teams could also take up.

1st meeting of the season a draw for all ST holders.

1st prize ST cost refunded

2nd Prize £50 refund plus a Club Polo/T shirt.

3rd prize if you have an NDL team free entry to 3 or 4 of their standalone meetings.

4 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

You ain't seen me on a cycle speedway bike either

That I haven't... And I don't think I would want to... :unsure:

BUT... I have seen Jamie, Joe and Gary all on a 500cc speedway bike... And they've all proved that the slightly ...'bigger' lads can do it still

Edited by Dandelion

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

That I haven't... And I don't think I would want to... :unsure:

BUT... I have seen Jamie, Joe and Gary all on a 500cc speedway bike... And they've all proved that the slightly ...'bigger' lads can do it still

You don't know what your missing... Especially when my coin slot makes an appearance ha

10 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

You don't know what your missing... Especially when my coin slot makes an appearance ha

Must have had big coins back in the day ;)

You'd get a tractor tyre in there.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

could i swipe my bank card in there ??? :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, diamonds7 said:

could i swipe my bank card in there ??? :D

Honestly

Ruff has hit the nail on the head... Tractor tyre is only the half of it...

You could park the front wheel of your Harley in there!!! (right up to the forks)...

Regards
THJ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Ruff has hit the nail on the head... Tractor tyre is only the half of it...

You could park the front wheel of your Harley in there!!! (right up to the forks)...

Regards
THJ

Sounds... Interesting :blink:

37 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Viewing by appointment only.. after washing

Ah damn... I'll have to see if I can fit that into my schedule like, no before washing meetings?

On 1/30/2020 at 1:11 PM, Dandelion said:

Ah damn... I'll have to see if I can fit that into my schedule like, no before washing meetings?

It's a line you won't be disappointed at

• Haha 1

Granty taking over the catering on speedway nights. Surely a win/win. Better bait and the profits go to Newcastle Diamonds rather than William Hill

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Granty taking over the catering on speedway nights. Surely a win/win. Better bait and the profits go to Newcastle Diamonds rather than William Hill

William Hill don't own the stadium now, but I get your point!!

• Haha 1