British Speedway Forum

learning something Every day, it seems ...

heres one four ya  .

whats the difference between light and hard ?  

Edited by jenga

Yes, very old.

51 minutes ago, jenga said:

learning something Every day, it seems ...

heres one four ya  .

whats the difference between light and hard ?  

Well you can sleep easier with the light on... and I bet you cant remember the last time you were hard!!!

Or you could pee easier with the light on? you would be okay because you sit down...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, something like that, I learned some stuff at college. 

Dunno if whisky, (with or without E),,, is good for unblocking your sink, as it's the only place I would put it ;)

Honestly 

That's sacrilege... there is nothing finer than a single malt whisky; definitely the poison of my choice...

Actually I am not a Whisky snob as there are a few good blended whiskies too.... and with most of the Irish Whiskies being distilled three times rather than twice they also have a nice mellow taste... Distilling three times tends to produce a lighter and smoother spirit

The only Whisky I couldn't defend is Prince Charles favourite and that is Laphroaig which is definitely an acquired taste; I generally prefer my Scotch from the East Coast rather than the West where the water is filtered through Granite rather than Peat. 

The Whisky I was after this year was the one produced at the Lakes Distillery at Setmurthy; Cockermouth, Near Bassenthwaite Lake as I done the tour of the Distillery in 2018 and their single malt was just about ready when we done the tour; then when I went back this year they had sold out of the stuff... Doh!!!... gutted....

Regards
THJ 

Do you like the Japanese whisky THJ? I find most are sweet myself. Suprised Charles does not drink Royal Lochnagar.

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Do you like the Japanese whisky THJ? I find most are sweet myself. Suprised Charles does not drink Royal Lochnagar.

Honestly

I've never had it; few years back now coming through Singapore I was twiddling my thumbs for a couple of hours and went for a mooch round the duty free shops seeing if I could pick up a bottle of something on the cheap, and there wasn't a Japanese whisky under £200 quid so that put me off. I ended up with a Johnnie Walker 3 pack special of a Black Label; Green Label and a Blue Label which cost £150 quid; but as I say the Japanese Whisky was hellish expensive. Before Christmas I looked in The Whisky Shop in the Metro Centre and the cheapest one they had in the spot was £130:00 and when I asked about the price the guy said they were expecting to get some in at around the £40 quid mark but I haven't been back since to see what it is.

Don't know if you have ever had Laphroaig but its definitely an acquired taste and Charles prefers the the 15-Year variety. Which I think they stopped making the 15 Year Variety so he bought something like the last 500 bottles or some ridiculous amount like that he also likes a Bruichladdich which is another "smokey" one. I don't think you can go past Glenfiddich or a Glenlivet for me and the Johnie Walker brands are all quaff-able as I don't think I have had a poor one and as a slurping Whisky well Bells takes some beating not as harsh I don't think as Grouse or some of the other competitors.

Regards
THJ

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I've never had it; few years back now coming through Singapore I was twiddling my thumbs for a couple of hours and went for a mooch round the duty free shops seeing if I could pick up a bottle of something on the cheap, and there wasn't a Japanese whisky under £200 quid so that put me off. I ended up with a Johnnie Walker 3 pack special of a Black Label; Green Label and a Blue Label which cost £150 quid; but as I say the Japanese Whisky was hellish expensive. Before Christmas I looked in The Whisky Shop in the Metro Centre and the cheapest one they had in the spot was £130:00 and when I asked about the price the guy said they were expecting to get some in at around the £40 quid mark but I haven't been back since to see what it is.

Don't know if you have ever had Laphroaig but its definitely an acquired taste and Charles prefers the the 15-Year variety. Which I think they stopped making the 15 Year Variety so he bought something like the last 500 bottles or some ridiculous amount like that he also likes a Bruichladdich which is another "smokey" one. I don't think you can go past Glenfiddich or a Glenlivet for me and the Johnie Walker brands are all quaff-able as I don't think I have had a poor one and as a slurping Whisky well Bells takes some beating not as harsh I don't think as Grouse or some of the other competitors.

Regards
THJ

I've been given some Old Pulteney 12 year single malt by my son in law when he came round to ask to marry my daughter, haven't opened it yet, is it good, or should I refused him permission? 

Edited by gazzac
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I've been given some Old Pulteney 12 year single malt by my son in law when he came round to ask to marry my daughter, haven't opened it yet, is it good, or should I refused him permission? 

Not a whisk/e/y person, but single malt is apparently a good investment. So keep hold of it. ;)

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

Well ave got an unopened one too as it happens from a guy I helped to get a job with a good reference but I have had it before and it wasn't to bad... bout 25 quids worth and fair play to the lad he's trying... like the thing I am watching now it's a starter for 10... you could have a good one there... ideal for wetting the head of the first grandchild and don't worry it won't go off...

Never mind the daughter he's a keeper if he's buying you drink...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not a whisk/e/y person, but single malt is apparently a good investment. So keep hold of it. ;)

Ave got something like 40 bottles but every so often one springs a leak from the top and has to be consumed...

Funny that...

Doh...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

Just been reading Jason Garrity has been a naughty boy...

Looks like he will be doing some compulsory social distancing and social isolating at Her Majesty's pleasure...

What a tool... and a waste of a talent...

Regards 

THJ  

• Like 3

Morning,

So here is today's offering to keep us smiling through the pain

One day, Einstein has to speak at an important science conference.

On the way there, he tells his driver that looks a bit like him:

"I'm sick of all these conferences. I always say the same things over and over!"

The driver agrees: "You're right. As your driver, I attended all of them, and even though I don't know anything about science, I could give the conference in your place."

"Hey... That's a great idea!" says Einstein. "Let's switch places then!"

So they switch clothes and as soon as they arrive, the driver dressed as Einstein goes on to the stage and starts giving the usual speech, while the real Einstein, dressed as the car driver, attends it.

But in the crowd, there is one scientist who wants to impress everyone and thinks of a very difficult question to ask Einstein, hoping he won't be able to respond. So this guy stands up and interrupts the conference by posing his very difficult question. The whole room goes silent, holding their breath, waiting for the response.

The driver looks at him, dead in the eye, and says:

"Sir, your question is so easy to answer that I'm going to let my driver reply to it for me."

All true apparently (cough cough) 

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

you need to get that cough sorted out A.S.A.P.  you have had it a while now !

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:00 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just been reading Jason Garrity has been a naughty boy...

Looks like he will be doing some compulsory social distancing and social isolating at Her Majesty's pleasure...

What a tool... and a waste of a talent...

Regards 

THJ  

You would have thought there would have been a thread on this somewhere.......