British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Zmarzlik pips Lewandowski

According to Sportowefakty, Zmarzlik beat Lewandowski to the Polish Sports person of the year. What a result for the still relatively young Pole.

Granted Lewandowski was non existent in the Euro's (as were his colleagues). But, arguably out with Messi and Ronaldo, he is the most prolific CF in the world.

While I would concede a lot of money has been pumped into Speedway nationally. Comments pre the event (that I read), suggested that Speedway over there is still in the minutiae across parts of Poland.

Bartosz's victory should give new exposure to the Polish Ekstraliga and hopefully Ligue 1&2. Had his injuries, learning his trade under Gollob. He has produced unrivalled consistancy for the past 5 years domestically, while staying loyal to employers Stal Gorzow.

A great night for Zmarzlik and hopefully a break through for Polish Speedway.

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 3

And all football fans are taking to the Internet in protest :blink: Please tell me what Robert Lewandowski has achieved in the past year which outdoes Bartosz... Yes, I know he's one of the best players in the world... But Bartosz IS the best rider in the world, no question about it... Just because football is bigger than speedway, does NOT mean Robert deserves it over Bartosz... Football dominates the world, they don't even have to achieve anything anymore... :sad: They're all saying stuff like "What more does poor Robert have to do to be awarded" How about win something? Haha... No one ever recognises speedway, even in it's biggest nation

Congratulations Bartosz on your well deserved and well earned award... Hope for more of the same in 2020, world champ again? :D

Edited by Dandelion

A volleyball player won it last year so football fans can hardly moan that a Speedway World Champ wins it..

Hammer throwers, Canoeists, and a Cross Country Skier have all won over the past ten years with a footballer (Lewandowski) winning once..

Footballers don't seem to win the UK one very often either...

I would imagine the Polish Speedway authorities will use this award well to push their sport even higher. .