British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolves v Sheffield 7th June 2021

11 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Personally i'd much rather watch the Ekstraliga any day of the week over this . 

Watching that id much prefer to watch National league racing.bring back the heathens 

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That one has passed me by.

That 'yummy' presenter has a  serious speech impediment. She's certainly no Sophie Blake.

You gotta feel for the Tigers with injury to Howarth and Bates as usual completely unsafe on a bike.

Full strength teams might have been a very different story.

Wolves covered the rides for Rory well with 8+1.

Only Bacon seems to be struggling but having a strong reserve in Broc is always a huge bonus. 
Racing wise was nothing to write home about which is a worry however like any speedway ANY racing to watch is better than another season cancelled. 
At least there were 3 or 4 decent battles but this was no classic.  The big worry has to be the amount of crashes happening throughout the UK causing several riders already out injured.  Seems these trees are a real issue because of the amount of injuries so far. 
It could have been worse, it could have been at Poole.

Edited by stevebrum
Addition

Anyone else think that one of Bates Wright or Sedgmen will be replaced soon ish ?

Well for about half of the match it was a close thing. Well done to all riders but especially Sheffield for making a match of it. It was a slick track and certainly very dusty at the end but the standard of racing was OK for the conditions. For those complaining would they have preferred the have watched the meetings at Belle Vue or Peterborough? Credit to both teams on the night.

Hope the cameraman learns a bit about speedway. Close-ups on t he leading  rider are rarely worth it - it's a team game with points for minor places worth scrapping over.

Agree with Kelvin Tatum - the injuries are a  major concern. We don't have enough riders to cope with this rate. Is it tyres? If so there should be an emergency meeting of BSPA to sort it our befiore R/R starts appearing in every heat.

• Like 1

I thought it an enjoyable watch with some dices for places and a couple of crashes.  Definitely prefer that type of meeting over fastest bike wins.

Wolves look a very strong outfit with several riders capable of increasing their starting average and worthy winners tonight. Without Howarth we were basically a 3 man team. We’ve got a very long tail and can’t see us winning the league with the current 7. Bates looks far from comfortable on the bike Wright is off the pace and Sedgeman is inconsistent. Changes are needed but who could we bring in? Mountain would have been a better pick than Bates I think but we’ve missed out on him. It’s not easy with limited availability of riders. 

Only been to Wolves once. Watched several times on TV. Not saying the track is dangerous like some. But it's so slow. Don't like the shape at all.

I know my teams track Foxhall doesn't have the greatest of racing,, and I'm sure it will be just as poor when on TV,, but I turned that off after 8 heats and done something else.  Way back years,,, there used to some very good meetings at Monmore, I just don't think many of our tracks are big enough or wide enough for the modern machinery 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I know my teams track Foxhall doesn't have the greatest of racing,, and I'm sure it will be just as poor when on TV,, but I turned that off after 8 heats and done something else.  Way back years,,, there used to some very good meetings at Monmore, I just don't think many of our tracks are big enough or wide enough for the modern machinery 

I watched it all cause i was on the gin. But so tight. I wouldn't pay to watch that, if it was my home track.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I watched it all cause i was on the gin. But so tight. I wouldn't pay to watch that, if it was my home track.

We have been spoiled with fantastic close racing for many years at Wolves. Not every meeting is a classic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

We have been spoiled with fantastic close racing for many years at Wolves. Not every meeting is a classic. 

I'm sure you have. But it's to tight for me. Trick track for sure. Mildenhall is tiny, but the shape allows for the riders to keep some speed coming into the turns.Just my opinion:t:

The only thing unexpected & disappointing about the meeting (on TV) was the emergence of a Monmore blue groove and a lack of water on the track.  If there is a hosepipe ban in the West Midlands, I wasn't aware of it.

The racing was OK, fairly entertaining Monmore affair, Tigers locking up trying not to drift wide.  The lack of water made the outside run futile after a bit, to Batchelors benefit but not Ellis.  Considering I don't think I have visited two more diametrically opposed race tracks in the UK I thought Tigers scored more points than they would.

The only two teams I can see possibly getting a losing bonus points at Monmore are Aces & if the Panthers are able to collectively roll back the years.  Don't know, not sure I've seen a current "Ace" at Monmore.  The Worralls certainly know it well enough and I'd hope Bewley/Wright would be able adapt better to it then most Aussies.  Kurtz I can imagine hating Monmore,

Hope no serious injuries from tonight's accidents.

Kelv said " full house". I know it's covid, but looked like 400. Whats Wolves limit

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thank god that’s over. Be difficult to have another meeting as bad on tv for the rest of the season. Massive blue grooves on all bends. 

It's obvious why you recognise it,you see every week at Poole. Troll.

• Like 1