British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds 2021

@TotallyHonestJohn

Hi John, What's the crack then? Did anything happen in the bar upstairs after the meeting? Would be great to know what happened... I would love to have came up but I was with my elderly relatives and couldn't have really expected to have made them come upstairs after standing for so long and they had to get their kids home ready for school in the morning too... I am very interested in helping out financially on a weekly basis if we can somehow manage to get a fan consortium put together to support someone in the future. I might not be able to put very much in, but I would be more than happy to do my bit. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Edited by Diamonds85

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

When Johnny English bailed out there were two people in the running to take the club over... That was Rob Grant and me...

John Courtney

P.S. name in full as requested as I certainly have nothing to hide...

Could John Courtney be joining the queue again? And be the new name on Tyneside? :t: With the backing of a few loyal fans prepared to show you the support that you have done for the club on countless occasions in the past...

27 minutes ago, Gaz said:

More needs to be done on Facebook etc from Newcastle Speedway page to get the message out about getting a new promoter, it might not come off at all but the defeatist attitude and every post looking as though that’s it. 
If we put out a big poster etc saying we are looking for new promoter and mention fan consortium to gather interest it might help.

A massive thank you the people who turned up tonight and haven’t ever been or haven’t been for 40-50 years… what is the point? Oh wow you got to walk the track :angry:

If someone could put the post together, a well thought out one, it could be shared over and over by as many people as possible... Let's get the word out there for people to see!!

Isn't there a local council member who often visits the track for big race meetings? Couldn't they help get the word out there too, we can't let Newcastle speedway end on tonight

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

If someone could put the post together, a well thought out one, it could be shared over and over by as many people as possible... Let's get the word out there for people to see!!

Isn't there a local council member who often visits the track for big race meetings? Couldn't they help get the word out there too, we can't let Newcastle speedway end on tonight

Exactly.. surely Newcastle Speedway Facebook page should be doing this and should of when the statement about it maybe being the last meeting went out.

Every day is vital and they need to get something out.. 

Edited by Gaz

36 minutes ago, Gaz said:

A massive thank you the people who turned up tonight and haven’t ever been or haven’t been for 40-50 years… what is the point? Oh wow you got to walk the track :angry:

I understand how you feel but if there is to be a team in 2022 they are the people who would have to be persuaded to come back regularly, so there's no mileage in slagging them off - it's a bit like the Prodigal Son.

I am however about to make an exception to this rule...

4 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

What’s the crowd like

The crowd was made up of speedway supporters... I hope you've enjoyed your evening, RBFC... walk the dog, a couple of cans and watch Call The Midwife? Better than being on the terrace at Brough Park, eh?

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
  • Like 2

Just now, Gaz said:

Exactly.. surely Newcastle Speedway Facebook page should be doing this and should of when the statement about it maybe being the last meeting.

Every day is vital and they need to get something out.. 

The post needs to be incredibly well thought out, afterall, it's an advertisement for the club... It can't just be a few sentences thrown together, maybe John and Rob and Co need to get their heads together and sit down, put something really professionally together, not give potential investors a choice, they need to be sold within the first few words... Not the usual lack of punctuation and spelling mistakes of usual from our Facebook page (no offence)

• Like 2

Must have taken A LOT of courage for Rob Grant to get up and announce what he announced on the microphone before heat 15... Just what he has been through TODAY let alone the last 2 years... He needs to be applauded for that, but he did make it very clear that his involvement was complete, nothing more he can do... What a massive shame but best of luck to him for the future in his own businesses... He even had to courage to admit that he made many wrong doings throughout the season, but like he says... If anyone out there can do it better, please come forward

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Could John Courtney be joining the queue again? And be the new name on Tyneside? :t: With the backing of a few loyal fans prepared to show you the support that you have done for the club on countless occasions in the past...

Just finished talking about this and it won't be me doing the biz but happy pulling some very interested parties together who will hopefully save the situation...

More... hopefully to follow

Oh and just on another note... what a strange night... well done Brummies it could have went either way... pity our No 1 was missing... may have been a totally different situation... however what I will add 12 years military service reasonable Rugby Union Player and former nut case and I had a serious lump in my throat at the thought of that being the end... very emotional in the end and thanks to Rob Grant for seeing out the end of the season it's been a rollercoaster and we are we are but what a great ride...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just finished talking about this and it won't be me doing the biz but happy pulling some very interested parties together who will hopefully save the situation...

Oh and just on another note... what a strange night... well done Brummies it could have went either way... pity our No 1 was missing... may have been a totally different situation... however what I will add 12 years military service reasonable Rugby Union Player and former nut case and I had a serious lump in my throat at the thought of that being the end... very emotional in the end and thanks to Rob Grant for seeing out the end of the season it's been a rollercoaster and we are we are but what a great ride...

Regards 

THJ 

All sounds very promising? Any real interest from anyone would be great, hope it's enough to keep the club afloat? I'll keep EVERYTHING crossed that it is...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Must have taken A LOT of courage for Rob Grant to get up and announce what he announced on the microphone before heat 15... Just what he has been through TODAY let alone the last 2 years... He needs to be applauded for that, but he did make it very clear that his involvement was complete, nothing more he can do... What a massive shame but best of luck to him for the future in his own businesses... He even had to courage to admit that he made many wrong doings throughout the season, but like he says... If anyone out there can do it better, please come forward

Granty is straight forward regular guy,he gave it a go but it didn’t work.Good luck to him in the future and hope his business  sees him alright  again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ 

Thanks very much for everything you do for the club John… it’s much appreciated (by most!).. fingers crossed.

I think if we had Ben we would of lost by more as I think we got 11 points from his rides.. the 4-2 would of been a nice fitting 45-44 to the Diamonds.

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I understand how you feel but if there is to be a team in 2022 they are the people who would have to be persuaded to come back regularly, so there's no mileage in slagging them off - it's a bit like the Prodigal Son.

I am however about to make an exception to this rule...

The crowd was made up of speedway supporters... I hope you've enjoyed your evening, RBFC... walk the dog, a couple of cans and watch Call The Midwife? Better than being on the terrace at Brough Park, eh?

If you bothered to read a previous post instead of grumbling you would have noted that I said I didn’t think I would make it but I still bought 3 tickets online….

• Like 2

Just now, robbieblackadder fan club said:

If you bothered to read a previous post instead of grumbling you would have noted that I said I didn’t think I would make it but I still bought 3 tickets online….

Fair play to you and I apologise. 

TG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bri1966 said:

Great to have Roy on the mic. 

Yes it was. Also a nice touch with the gift to Barry Wallace for the service to Newcastle Speedway.

• Like 3