British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Plymouth v Scunthorpe

2 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

I think Rob Godfrey is in the right circles usually and can get a rider that we often don’t even know is available if he is willing to pay usually a sticking point. I just hope he is in the market for a switch because this is the best opportunity Scunthorpe have had since we won the league since 2012. In my opinion it is Aarnio and Macdonald that are the two to go and it’s not just based on tonight it has been coming 

Aarnio really??

4 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Just out of interest Ryan who would you replace McDonald for ?

Someone from Eastbourne?

You might get the pick of 'our' (Bham) riders if we don't get a decent attendance tonight ?;)

Missed this one. So, what are peoples thoughts on this meeting? 

Seems like Scunthorpe blame Plymouth for all their misfortune.

http://scunthorpe-speedway.com/?p=13196

Sadly, the Plymouth website only gives the scorers, no meeting report at this time.

3 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Someone from Eastbourne?

Quite potentially we will just have to see how the next few days play out and snap any potential opportunities up before the deadline

Edited by Ryan555

8 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Aarnio really??

Problem is we are relying on him as a heat leader which when you look around the division it’s the very difficult for him to compete in that category 

1 hour ago, BobC said:

Sadly, the Plymouth website only gives the scorers, no meeting report at this time.

A mixture of sour grapes and bull****,scunny got stuck in and had a real go fair play to them i could debate all the biased points in the report but end of the day Plymouth won and scunny got nowt,:t:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobC said:

I think whoever wrote that was having a bad day, certainly not how I saw things.

We had some decent racing. Although with 14 heats spread over 2 ¾ hours it was hard to get absorbed in the meeting.

Injuries, unsatisfactory starts and numerous tumbles slowed things considerably, as did delays for Reserve switches and IIR’s meaning extra time allowed for consecutive rides.

Heat one as I saw it (right in front of me) Crump was riding his normal line, marginally in the lead and Ellis continued going for a closing gap. Front wheel to back was only ending one way. Really glad Ellis and Lambert were able to walk away, it was a messy one. A real shame that we didn’t get to see the Champ for the rest of the night. Ellis correctly excluded IMO, although guilty of nothing more than giving it a go.

As for the remainder of the falls, I can’t remember any where a Gladiator contributed. Good spirited riding from both sides that didn’t always go to plan. I thought Palin went down by himself in the second staging of heat 13, simplest decision of the night for the Ref.

Mark did battle to keep the dust down, but his attempts were neither futile nor excessive.

Crump looked less Rusty than he has done. Bjarne was sublime, Bowtell fast and reliable. Ruml, Cook, Keleher showed some signs of improvement. Edwards struggled….. Best Team won.

Roll on next week!!

• Like 2

Not a great meeting last night purely down  to the amount of delays and crashes it just never got going. I hope all the injured riders are ok and recover quickly. The ref didn’t help it seemed to take an age for the 2 mins to come on for each heat, granted the riders needed more time after crashes and reruns but even so the delays seemed excessive IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Riders out         Aarnio & Macdonald

Riders in          Klindt or Lewi Kerr & Kinsley

How are you going to bring Klindt in?! He'd be on an 11.1 average!

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

How are you going to bring Klindt in?! He'd be on an 11.1 average!

Yeah Klindt isn’t realistic I did think that however Lewi Kerr deffo could be just depends on what happens to Eastbourne 

4 hours ago, BobC said:

This report is inaccurate Crump was leading heat one, Ellis attempted an outside pass end of the back straight lap one & then got tangled with the fence.  Fact is Jason left Adam enough room as stated by Adam himself. Most on lookers were under the impression Adam's racing head was still in Belle Vue mode!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Aarnio really??

Based on home form, no. Based on away form(4.50ish), yes. After Friday, only 2 home & 3 away meetings but any changes have to be made on or before the 28th to be ratified on the 1st September. Any other changes to be made if injuries occur.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2021/riderperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=r&mc3=av&mc4=x&rider=Tero

Edited by IronScorpion
additional info