British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

But last week was slick, as evidenced by the times.

1 minute ago, ABS said:

But last week was slick, as evidenced by the times.

Not sure, it was a little gripper than normal. 

Mark lemons words wore It's the best hes seen the track but wanted it a little more slicker 

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

The car park is already sold out.

there is a big lack of parking now, covid test centre taking over one car park. The huge showcase cinema car park now gone along with the greyhound stadium.

we are waiting for what solution Manchester City Council come up with for the SoN this weekend, 

Yes its tough at the moment.  My dad's been asking belle vue about parking for the SoN and the response is they haven't been told yet, crazy with 5 days to go.

39 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

What about the Asda at top of Kirkmanshulme Lane or the Tesco on Hyde Road?  Both within a reasonable walk.  Are they viable?

I know Manchester City is next to a big Asda and there's no problem there with 4 hours parking allowed. 

The asda next to city is a huge no go on match day, they have attendants on ticketing cars every match.

48 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

What about the Asda at top of Kirkmanshulme Lane or the Tesco on Hyde Road?  Both within a reasonable walk.  Are they viable?

I know Manchester City is next to a big Asda and there's no problem there with 4 hours parking allowed. 

Asda is possibility only 5 mins walk, Tesco too far that would be 15-20 mins walk.

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

The asda next to city is a huge no go on match day, they have attendants on ticketing cars every match.

They don't.  They have attendants ticketing cars on residential streets which have a Parking Permit system.  But you can park in the Asda next to Manchester City for 4 hours while at the match and it's fine.  (DId it the other week, along with hundreds of others).

But that's a massive Asda (even has a Starbucks or Costa drive through in the car park).  The one on Kirkmanshulme Lane is smaller, but presume it's ok.  I was just looking for local knowledge as to whether your hubcaps would stay intact in Kirky Lane Asda. 

12 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

They don't.  They have attendants ticketing cars on residential streets which have a Parking Permit system.  But you can park in the Asda next to Manchester City for 4 hours while at the match and it's fine.  (DId it the other week, along with hundreds of others).

But that's a massive Asda (even has a Starbucks or Costa drive through in the car park).  The one on Kirkmanshulme Lane is smaller, but presume it's ok.  I was just looking for local knowledge as to whether your hubcaps would stay intact in Kirky Lane Asda. 

Your lucky then but I wouldn't park there  the signage is very clear.  Might get away with it but they will get you eventually.

Most supermarket car parks have a maximum time that you can park there, maybe something like 3 hours. Could be fines after that.  My wife got a parking fine at McDonalds. She had been into McDonalds for something to eat. Then she was going to go somewhere with a friend and thought she would wait there in the car park for her. Little did she know the maximum time allowed in the car park was one and half hours. I was fuming when the fine came through. 

In other words any supermarket car park, or similiar, could be a risk.

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

Most supermarket car parks have a maximum time that you can park there, maybe something like 3 hours. Could be fines after that.  My wife got a parking fine at McDonalds. She had been into McDonalds for something to eat. Then she was going to go somewhere with a friend and thought she would wait there in the car park for her. Little did she know the maximum time allowed in the car park was one and half hours. I was fuming when the fine came through. 

In other words any supermarket car park, or similiar, could be a risk.

Just ignore it, they can't be enforced unless it's an enforcement from the council...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Your lucky then but I wouldn't park there  the signage is very clear.  Might get away with it but they will get you eventually.

On the residential streets where there is a parking permit scheme, yes.

But not in Asda.  They allow football parking in there as part of the scheme to keep cars off residential streets. 

I feel our inability to dominate on our own track could well be our undoing this time.

• Like 1

I think a comfortable belle Vue win could be on the cards here from a neutral observer

• Like 2

No problem we can win at peterboro like we have done twice comfortable :party:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

On the residential streets where there is a parking permit scheme, yes.

But not in Asda.  They allow football parking in there as part of the scheme to keep cars off residential streets. 

Is that official?

Just can't see why they would do that when every other car park in the area charging minimum £8.  

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think a comfortable belle Vue win could be on the cards here from a neutral observer

The problem for us is at home it's not often we win big.