British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

38 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I really hope Grant can pull something out of the hat for Newcastle, sad to see them in their current state especially when you think of the days of the Owens, Hunter, etc.I have a trip planned up there soon always enjoy a night or two in Newcastle. I thought at the time signing BWD was a waste of time and so it proved, hope things turn around for the fans. 

I completely disagree, signing BWD on an 8+ ave has allowed Newcastle to get a high averaged guest every week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

I don’t see the point in changing George for someone similar unless you had bigger plans in place, we are weaker now by a further 2 points, you might as well have stuck with George so he gets the experience and is our asset 

the piece in the star by BWD is interesting and it no way says he’s withholding his services……..

They are not actually weaker by 2 points as Congreave wasn't scoring 4 points a match. The team now has a lower ave, but I'm my view is stronger (by a little)!

If Congreave had shown promise there may have been a reason to keep him, but if Grant feels he'll never make it at Champ level - no point in keeping him.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, bigred said:

Personally I would get rid of Complin now,stick max & James at reserve then try congure up a few riders from somewhere on the planet  to back up starkey and matty (when he’s fit).most meetings these days are win by the no 6&7.

Where would Complin fit in if Jack Smith is in the Team,would he still be the other reserve.

13 hours ago, bigred said:

Granty really is trying to kill Newcastle speedway.a crap team , a crap track, or it will be again soon when the track team get there tractors on it ….wonder what odds granty got that they wouldn’t finish the season.?

.got to feel for the supporters that do all the fund raising for the club,all the hard work the volunteers do and for the riders that actually want to ride for the diamonds(max,wrighty,matty).Best of luck to George .

Idiotic things to say.  Pump a ton of money in to the club and want to kill it??? As for the second highlighted comment, we have one of the best track curators in the Leagues.

10 hours ago, bigred said:

Personally I would get rid of Complin now,stick max & James at reserve then try congure up a few riders from somewhere on the planet  to back up starkey and matty (when he’s fit).most meetings these days are win by the no 6&7.

So, get rid of the newly signed Smith and also Complin and replace them with two riders, when it's fairly obvious to all and sundry we have been unable to find one rider, let alone two riders who are willing to ride for us. Genius.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

As for the second highlighted comment, we have one of the best track curators in the Leagues.

On paper he may be but evidence from various meetings suggests otherwise.

OK maybe you having limited time for preparation hinders track work but other tracks have the same problem but manage to prepare a surface fit for racing.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I completely disagree, signing BWD on an 8+ ave has allowed Newcastle to get a high averaged guest every week.

Im not doubting that, i just didnt think he would do a job at No1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

And ALEGEDLY  Plymouth did the same with Kennett

Classic mega waste of money on an untried overseas rider with limited pedigree. If that had been spent on an emerging brit you might now be getting somewhere instead it showed it was a poor signing and still leaves the team in a very shaky position. I take no joy in seeing Newcastle speedway crumbling but that is exactly what is happening.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Where would Complin fit in if Jack Smith is in the Team,would he still be the other reserve.

Yeah, it would be both Lee Complin on 3.47 and Jack Smith on 2.00 at reserve, next highest would be James Wright on 5.06.

2 minutes ago, cheggie said:

Yeah, it would be both Lee Complin on 3.47 and Jack Smith on 2.00 at reserve, next highest would be James Wright on 5.06.

Complin struggling after 9 years out the sport.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

On paper he may be but evidence from various meetings suggests otherwise.

OK maybe you having limited time for preparation hinders track work but other tracks have the same problem but manage to prepare a surface fit for racing.

Now the track has been 'fixed' we shall see. but on the evidence of the meeting against Redcar (fastest times of the season), suggests that is exactly what they have managed to do.

• Like 2

Newcastle are not alone atm....between us (Bham) and Newcastle, we have 12 'fit/ish' riders and apart from possibly Nielsen/Clegg, none of the rest would manage a team place at any/most other teams in the League....it's a sad state of affairs.

How long will Jack Smith last.That’s the question he has a poor record when given a chance in Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

No get rid of them both,put max and James at 6&7 then start again.no idea where these riders are going to come from though.I’m guessing matty will be out for a while,god knows what’s happening with starkey,and no number 1.so may as well build a new team .as before I’ve no clue where there going to come from.just my opinion on what granty will have to do to keep the few fans that are left coming on a Sunday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigred said:

No get rid of them both,put max and James at 6&7 then start again.no idea where these riders are going to come from though.I’m guessing matty will be out for a while,god knows what’s happening with starkey,and no number 1.so may as well build a new team .as before I’ve no clue where there going to come from.just my opinion on what granty will have to do to keep the few fans that are left coming on a Sunday.

Your right no idea where the riders will come from.They aren’t interested about riding in UK for little money.Newcastle probably should have dropped down a league,when they realised the riders weren’t interested for the money on offer.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2