British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

21 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Your right no idea where the riders will come from.They aren’t interested about riding in UK for little money.Newcastle probably should have dropped down a league,when they realised the riders weren’t interested for the money on offer.

Just out of interest had Newcastle dropped down a league who do you think you would have in the 1-7 as I think you would still find rider shortage a problem.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Are you sure you're not the Press Officer Steve?

You give out more info than the official website lol

Absolutely certain.

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

To be honest, i wish i had never got involved with BWD total waste of space!

Sounds like he's been found out at last 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, where's he gonna ride?

He not going to ride but the sounds of things,he is not fit and to be honest don’t think He was fit when he came over,just wasting everybody's time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Just out of interest had Newcastle dropped down a league who do you think you would have in the 1-7 as I think you would still find rider shortage a problem.

The team they signed might have been Ok.!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Viper said:

States in this weeks Speedway Star that BWD is now classified as “Withholding his Services” rather than on the injury list.

And as a result has a compulsory 28 day ban. More worryingly is that Newcastle now have 28 days (from when the ban started), so in reality just over 3 weeks, to find a replacement before the facility expires. Otherwise it's a guest with an average under 6.

20 hours ago, screm said:

Quite happy to be proved wrong and I wish Smith all the best, but there is nothing, from his previous attempts at Championship speedway, that would suggest he is the answer to Newcastle`s problems.

I’m not convinced that he will greatly improve the scoring power of the team but George has been struggling for any points at all so a change at the bottom can’t weaken us. I have seen a bit of Jack over the years and it hasn’t ever seemed to work for him at the higher levels in this country but will reserve judgement to give him the chance to shine.

I have no knowledge of what the promotions plan is in terms of making the club more competitive but I can see that Robs comment of a 100% change by this weekend meant that really he had no other choice but to make at least one change. The BWD position may have pushed them into another rethink as I believe under the ‘withholding of services’ position we will only be permitted a 28 day guest facility rather than the rolling guest option while is was injured. I would believe the promotion would have wanted to retain BWD (using 8+ average guests) and replace a lower average rider with another that would offer a more competitive side as replacing our guest facility with another rider would not improve the side at all. As I say I have no idea but maybe that, the injury to Matty (not sure how long he is out) and Starkey injury position may mean a lot more surgery is needed to the team. This added uncertainty may mean more time needed to come up with some answers but Rob had committed to a change and this one fulfils his promise without impacting on his longer terms options. I only wish we heard this from Rob himself as again we have radio silence which doesn’t help the mood of the supporters.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t necessarily agree with what is happening. I believe that given where we stand in the league and the trouble we have recruiting experienced riders then maybe looking to the future and building our asset base is the way to go. At least this will show commitment to the future from the owner while showing  we are putting building blocks in place for the next few seasons. Maybe a look across to the Danish market that has previously served the club so well would get a few fans interested again but only if the new strategic policy of the club is articulated to the fans in a way that they understood how it would benefit the club going forward.

A change has to come in the next 4 weeks so let’s see how this all plays out, again over to the owner to show what his vision is for the club as that is the key to managing fans expectations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

No we wouldn't as we'd be shut!!! Crowd receipts at NDL level probably wouldn't even cover the weekly rent!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viper said:

States in this weeks Speedway Star that BWD is now classified as “Withholding his Services” rather than on the injury list.

28 days to find a replacement or has that changed now? 

It's interesting that on the latest averages released yesterday that Claus Vissing is the only No1 with an average lower  BWD.

All 3 of Poole's HLs have higher averages and as it stand there 11 riders not available to guest as their averages are too high.

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’m not convinced that he will greatly improve the scoring power of the team but George has been struggling for any points at all so a change at the bottom can’t weaken us. I have seen a bit of Jack over the years and it hasn’t ever seemed to work for him at the higher levels in this country but will reserve judgement to give him the chance to shine.

I have no knowledge of what the promotions plan is in terms of making the club more competitive but I can see that Robs comment of a 100% change by this weekend meant that really he had no other choice but to make at least one change. The BWD position may have pushed them into another rethink as I believe under the ‘withholding of services’ position we will only be permitted a 28 day guest facility rather than the rolling guest option while is was injured. I would believe the promotion would have wanted to retain BWD (using 8+ average guests) and replace a lower average rider with another that would offer a more competitive side as replacing our guest facility with another rider would not improve the side at all. As I say I have no idea but maybe that, the injury to Matty (not sure how long he is out) and Starkey injury position may mean a lot more surgery is needed to the team. This added uncertainty may mean more time needed to come up with some answers but Rob had committed to a change and this one fulfils his promise without impacting on his longer terms options. I only wish we heard this from Rob himself as again we have radio silence which doesn’t help the mood of the supporters.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t necessarily agree with what is happening. I believe that given where we stand in the league and the trouble we have recruiting experienced riders then maybe looking to the future and building our asset base is the way to go. At least this will show commitment to the future from the owner while showing  we are putting building blocks in place for the next few seasons. Maybe a look across to the Danish market that has previously served the club so well would get a few fans interested again but only if the new strategic policy of the club is articulated to the fans in a way that they understood how it would benefit the club going forward.

A change has to come in the next 4 weeks so let’s see how this all plays out, again over to the owner to show what his vision is for the club as that is the key to managing fans expectations.

I don't get the 'withholding his services' bit as his article in the S.Star makes it clear he is still carrying an injury and is unable to race for anyone.

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't get the 'withholding his services' bit as his article in the S.Star makes it clear he is still carrying an injury and is unable to race for anyone.

Look at the Newcastle article, it’s stated in there in terms of riders available.

What isn’t know is when the interview was conducted with BWD. It may have been before the latest developments which I believe only happened this week.

Edited by Viper

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Look at the Newcastle article, it’s stated in there in terms of riders available.

Yes I've read that but still don't understand it. If he's injured then he can't ride so can hardly be withholding his services? Unless he can't produce a medical certificate?!

To be honest be a reasonable replacement for Kennett at Plymouth. 

Edited by Skidder1

Wonder what sort of Visa BWD is on.. surely if hes not capable or refusing to work then he should be on his way back to NZ? 

Wilson Dean is going to be remembered for his ridiculous actions after heat 1 on the 25th March at Redcar.