British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fatface

Good on paper, bad on track (or the other way?)

14 hours ago, prodons said:

Unbelievably I don’t think he was sanctioned or fined at all. It was all totally bizarre to say the least.

It's not an incident I know much about. Tell us more. I would also add that Evitts was no saint, saw him take Andy Smith into the fence at Odsal and he broke his leg. 

Edited by falcace

On 2/1/2022 at 3:49 PM, falcace said:

It's not an incident I know much about. Tell us more. I would also add that Evitts was no saint, saw him take Andy Smith into the fence at Odsal and he broke his leg. 

On the first lap, out of camera, Ravn must have either had an engine failure or slid off his bike on the third bend, as only three riders completed the first lap. However he seemingly then made no effort to clear the track, and as Evitts came round the third bend on the second lap, all of a sudden there was Ravn standing with his bike in Evitts line. Evitts smashed into Ravn's bike pretty horribly, and I was surprised when he was able to come out for the rerun (he ended up losing to Ravn in a run off for the world final reserve slot).

Someone who was there, or seen better footage, might be able to add more. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

On the first lap, out of camera, Ravn must have either had an engine failure or slid off his bike on the third bend, as only three riders completed the first lap. However he seemingly then made no effort to clear the track, and as Evitts came round the third bend on the second lap, all of a sudden there was Ravn standing with his bike in Evitts line. Evitts smashed into Ravn's bike pretty horribly, and I was surprised when he was able to come out for the rerun (he ended up losing to Ravn in a run off for the world final reserve slot).

Someone who was there, or seen better footage, might be able to add more. 

Ouch. I'd be very surprised if there was anything deliberate. I never saw Ravn do anything remotely dirty in years of riding for Belle Vue. 

1 hour ago, falcace said:

Ouch. I'd be very surprised if there was anything deliberate. I never saw Ravn do anything remotely dirty in years of riding for Belle Vue. 

Just utterly bizarre, and the footage doesn't really tell the full story. 

Agree Ravn wasn't generally dirty, though just watched a YouTube clip of him taking out Andy smith in a 1985 test, where Ravn simply didn't turn left into the first turn and cleaned Andy out. 

In this instance not sure if it was brain freeze or he genuinely had issues getting the bike off the track, though you suspect if the latter red flags would have gone up and/or track staff running to help. 

I must admit I never saw Ravn being a dirty rider, he would lock up on corners sometimes but that was his riding and definitely not deliberate….Evitts was definitely quite dirty at times in my opinion and not an easy rider to ride with as a team mate for me……but I honestly cannot remember that incident with Ravn..I obviously wasn’t there

4 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

I never saw Ravn being a dirty rider

Evitts was definitely quite dirty at times in my opinion

Eexactly how I saw them too...