British Speedway Forum
GiveusaB

Birmingham v Scunthorpe 4/5/22

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Ha ha...

I'm guessing ur LR in disguise...

1.Yes...I've ridden and owned a speedway bike. (Not sure wot that's got to do with any of my posts tho?)

And 2. I helped at the track week in week out all through the Masons reign!

So up yours!

P.s I avent once criticised Pearson...I think he's going to be great...but as soon as he's accomplished, he'll be off, after all, riding under your instruction is only going to hold him back!

I could see the point if he was your asset. But since he belongs to BV unless any agreement is in place then if he shows promise I suggest he'll be off to one of the "bigger" clubs. So giving him the rides only really preparing him for someone else

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I could see the point if he was your asset. But since he belongs to BV unless any agreement is in place then if he shows promise I suggest he'll be off to one of the "bigger" clubs. So giving him the rides only really preparing him for someone else

Spot on! Try telling that to LR! :t:

5 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Your missing my point I no averages change,what I’m trying to say is lambert after all these years should be able to hold a place down in the1-5 and he can’t your reserve moves up and scores 1 and if that carries on the youngster might get a bit disheartened and that’s no good for him there is no way your captain should still be lurking around in the reserve berth and you no it you might not admit it but it’s true.oh and I’m certainly not clueless.

So now you are saying that the young reserves should not improve to displace older 2nd strings but be happy to keep hold of a reserve berth. That is why these youngsters want to step up and succeed. You have to start at the bottom some time & hopefully progress up the ladder.

As I said before ....clueless.

NB; "know" not "no" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think LR clearly made the wrong decision not giving Shanes an extra ride. If he really wanted to give Pearson 4 rides, he still could have put Shanes in heat 12 & said to Pearson "if we have win the match before heat 14, I'll give you your 4th ride". 

Unnecessary risk in my view leaving Pearson in heat 12 & none of the comments supporting it have changed my mind!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for last night's meeting please? Thanks in advance.

Times as follows: 

Ht 1: 59.88, Ht 2: 61.88, Ht 3: 60.40, Ht 4: 60.25, Ht 5: 59.97, Ht 6: 60.32, Ht 7: 60.25, Ht 8: 61.66

Ht 9: 60.25, Ht 10: Awarded, Ht 11: 60.28, Ht 12: 61.25, Ht 13: 60.25, Ht 14: 60.80, Ht 15: 60.38

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

Times as follows: 

Ht 1: 59.88, Ht 2: 61.88, Ht 3: 60.40, Ht 4: 60.25, Ht 5: 59.97, Ht 6: 60.32, Ht 7: 60.25, Ht 8: 61.66

Ht 9: 60.25, Ht 10: Awarded, Ht 11: 60.28, Ht 12: 61.25, Ht 13: 60.25, Ht 14: 60.80, Ht 15: 60.38

Did you get any times for the second half racing please

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Did you get any times for the second half racing please

Yes, got a picture copy of the msdl race section, can send you a picture of the racecard if you like?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

Times as follows: 

Thank you. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I think LR clearly made the wrong decision not giving Shanes an extra ride. If he really wanted to give Pearson 4 rides, he still could have put Shanes in heat 12 & said to Pearson "if we have win the match before heat 14, I'll give you your 4th ride". 

Unnecessary risk in my view leaving Pearson in heat 12 & none of the comments supporting it have changed my mind!

Proved not be a risk at all because we won.

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

By the way - I am not LR just to make that one clear - no one knows what will happen next year and one could hope that he does stay and support us next year - even if he does step up - multiple riders riding both leagues this year- so everything happening today will only benefit us next year.

6 minutes ago, Wow68 said:

By the way - I am not LR just to make that one clear - no one knows what will happen next year and one could hope that he does stay and support us next year - even if he does step up - multiple riders riding both leagues this year- so everything happening today will only benefit us next year.

I mean a different champ club, he's not tied to Birmingham in any way really

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I mean a different champ club, he's not tied to Birmingham in any way really

I understand what you are saying - but only the club knows that answer - time will tell for sure. I am sure if the fans embrace him (like I believe we are) and don’t write stupid things about him in the forums why would he go anywhere else?

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

So now you are saying that the young reserves should not improve to displace older 2nd strings but be happy to keep hold of a reserve berth. That is why these youngsters want to step up and succeed. You have to start at the bottom some time & hopefully progress up the ladder.

As I said before ....clueless.

NB; "know" not "no" :rolleyes:

I do believe Ryan started at the bottom and look where he is now..smashing it with double figures every week and claimed team place in Poland and doing well in the premier..so give the young lad time ffs 

Pearson looked quality in his first race at scunny and you can clearly see he got massive potential..I think he’ll do well nxt season as long as he can keep on top of his equipment and keep his place..if not ewr could be the place for him he seemed to like opening the throttle and not giving a rubbish who was around him..could be a winner in a couple of years and be a top rider..but others may disagree..I’m only going by what I seen that night before you all start 

• Like 2

Shizen in the previous post haha 

Edited by Shrimmy