British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gmuncie

Edinburgh Monarchs vs Redcar Bears 7.30pm 20/05/2022

Well I paid for the stream but , quite frankly, wish I hadn’t. Not a reflection on the stream itself, which was excellent, but the dreadful performance from the Bears against a weakened Monarchs line up.

A 3 man team (one of those was a guest reserve) can’t win a meeting. Allen was a very poor guest, disappointed Edwards (after his spell at Edinburgh last year) seemed so far off the pace and the least said about Roynon and Andersen the better. Not even competitive.

Pickering aside, no one looked like passing anyone and most races were settled by the end of the first lap. Bears gating was generally appalling and they were way behind after turn 2.

Bears deserved nothing from the meeting.

• Like 1

Much better performance from the lads last night. After sarj going down in heat 2 thought we were in a bit of bother but the guys were all fantastic. Much better from paco last night which was good to see. Really pleased for Jacob making a few gates as well will do wonders for his confidence. 

What's the latest on sarj?

37 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well I paid for the stream but , quite frankly, wish I hadn’t. Not a reflection on the stream itself, which was excellent, but the dreadful performance from the Bears against a weakened Monarchs line up.

A 3 man team (one of those was a guest reserve) can’t win a meeting. Allen was a very poor guest, disappointed Edwards (after his spell at Edinburgh last year) seemed so far off the pace and the least said about Roynon and Andersen the better. Not even competitive.

Pickering aside, no one looked like passing anyone and most races were settled by the end of the first lap. Bears gating was generally appalling and they were way behind after turn 2.

How much longer can we go one before realising a change is needed to be made?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dekker said:

What's the latest on sarj?

bad concussion and think his shoulder blade broken 

An eventful evening at sunny Armadale. Dust in heat one. Who'd have thunk it? Schoolboy error watering immediately before heat 2, although we'll never know if it contributed to the crash. Speedy recovery to young Sarj. I doubt he'll be changing many nappies for a while.

Two blips on the Masters scorechart. Firstly at the 10th, when Erik Riss blew him a kiss and left him trailing. Then on the final hole, there was another episode of Sleepy Sam, when Lewis Kerr was allowed to go right round him. Overall acceptable, but still room for improvement there.

Much better from the others though. The Italian plumber certainly had the hot tap turned on last night. The switch to number 4 appeared to have worked wonders.

Leaving without a point may well have been hard to Bear for the visitors but, ultimately, they only have themselves to blame by getting their Wright guest wrong. And what has happened to Kasper Andersen? He was dreadful. Finishing on a positive,  special mention to Ben Morley who has always a competent performer on smaller circuits, without ever looking spectacular. Well done.

Roll on Friday. Brum Brum and all that...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

The way Anderson passed me on the road back ( 15 point max on track ) with that sort of speed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Redtruck said:

How much longer can we go one before realising a change is needed to be made?

Do you honestly think the promotion don't realise? Do you think maybe, just maybe, they're working on something but as with other clubs there's not a great deal out there?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cyclone said:

The way it's going for James sadly at the moment he's going to have more metal in parts of his body than our former Newcastle & Redcar Adam roynon in his body.. These speedway lads love it tho & hats off to them

Edited by Justgotmecpc