Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v LEICESTER (second part of double-header) June 4th

Recommended Posts

Another tough test for the table-topping Bullets, forming the second part of Saturday's double-header.......

GHT Bullets: 1 Kyle Bickley, 2 Mason Watson, 3 Ace Pijper, 4 Greg Blair, 5 Luke Crang, 6 Kieran Douglas, 7 Ben Rathbone

Lion Cubs: 1 Dan Thompson, 2 Mickie Simpson, 3 Connor Coles, 4 Tom Spencer, 5 Joe Thompson, 6 Kyran Lyden (guest), 7 Vinnie Foord

Admission (to both matches) Adults £24, Concessions/OAP/Students £20, Juniors 12-15 £6, Under 12 £1 (but all kids under 16 are free if accompanying adult who has booked online and selected Kids Go Free Pass).

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Another tough test for the table-topping Bullets, forming the second part of Saturday's double-header.......

GHT Bullets: 1 Kyle Bickley, 2 Mason Watson, 3 Ace Pijper, 4 Greg Blair, 5 Luke Crang, 6 Kieran Douglas, 7 Ben Rathbone

Lion Cubs: 1 Dan Thompson, 2 Mickie Simpson, 3 Connor Coles, 4 Tom Spencer, 5 Joe Thompson, 6 Kyran Lyden (guest), 7 Vinnie Foord

Admission (to both matches) Adults £24, Concessions/OAP/Students £20, Juniors 12-15 £6, Under 12 £1 (but all kids under 16 are free if accompanying adult who has booked online and selected Kids Go Free Pass).

 

 

Would have loved to get up to Berwick for that match, but working all weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I posted about this last night, but the club are anxious to emphasise their offer.  This from today's media briefing:

Racing begins at 6.30pm on Saturday with Berwick repeating their exclusive ticketing offer whereby any adult booking online can add juniors (11-16 years) and children (under-11) free of charge, saving £6 and £1 respectively per person on admission via the cash turnstiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I know I posted about this last night, but the club are anxious to emphasise their offer.  This from today's media briefing:

Racing begins at 6.30pm on Saturday with Berwick repeating their exclusive ticketing offer whereby any adult booking online can add juniors (11-16 years) and children (under-11) free of charge, saving £6 and £1 respectively per person on admission via the cash turnstiles.

Serious question...

Why are they anxious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, iainb said:

Serious question...

Why are they anxious?

Serious answer probably because the club want to make sure everyone knows well done Berwick

Edited by Binman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binman said:

Serious answer probably because the club want to make sure everyone knows well done Berwick

Anxious is a funny word to use,  has negative connotations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, iainb said:

Serious question...

Why are they anxious?

To quote Jamie Courtney....

"Banks are escalating charges for paying in large amounts of money -- the days of 'cash is king' have long gone in sport"

"Not to mention the time it takes to handle cash at the turnstiles and subsequent queues"

"The benefit to the club is considerable, and we are happy to pass this on, in the form of free admission for accompanied U-15s, to those who support us by booking online"

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

To quote Jamie Courtney....

"Banks are escalating charges for paying in large amounts of money -- the days of 'cash is king' have long gone in sport"

"Not to mention the time it takes to handle cash at the turnstiles and subsequent queues"

"The benefit to the club is considerable, and we are happy to pass this on, in the form of free admission for accompanied U-15s, to those who support us by booking online"

Is there a booking fee? Last time I used my card at Leicester at the turnstile they charged a handling fee of 50p I think, which as far as I know is illegal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, iainb said:

Is there a booking fee? Last time I used my card at Leicester at the turnstile they charged a handling fee of 50p I think, which as far as I know is illegal

You can’t use a bank card at the turnstiles, cash only 

Edited by Shadders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Shadders said:

You can’t use a bank card at the turnstiles, cash only 

Perhaps they should be anxiously looking at getting some card readers then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Perhaps they should be anxiously looking at getting some card readers then?

Apparently the issue is with the poor WiFi in the area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Apparently the issue is with the poor WiFi in the area. 

WiFi seems good enough to stream meetings over the Internet though? Let's say there is a problem with wireless, you can get 100m of Cat6 network cable for £25 and a wireless router for about £20

Edited by iainb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iainb said:

WiFi seems good enough to stream meetings over the Internet though? Let's say there is a problem with wireless, you can get 100m of Cat6 network cable for £25 and a wireless router for about £20

No idea what you're on about regarding streaming as we don't. 

The problem is reliability of signal at the periphery of the stadium.  Obviously a reliable, secure signal is vital to run card payment equipment. 

If the solution was simple we would have taken the simple solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iainb said:

WiFi seems good enough to stream meetings over the Internet though? Let's say there is a problem with wireless, you can get 100m of Cat6 network cable for £25 and a wireless router for about £20

Can't you accept the fact that Berwick, like some other Clubs don't have the confidence in their local wi-fi network to either stream commercially all of the time nor offer card payments.

Can't you give them credit for being 100% transparent about this.

What's worst, being clear entry is via Cash or taking a risk, crossing their fingers and praying that a wi-fi signal will be good enough to allow people who think they can pay by card to be able to use a card.

Who'd be the first to moan he drove 300 miles each way to Berwick to find his card didn't work because the wi-fi signal had dropped out.

Fair play to Jamie Courtney and everyone at Berwick who run a tight and successful ship.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

No idea what you're on about regarding streaming as we don't. 

The problem is reliability of signal at the periphery of the stadium.  Obviously a reliable, secure signal is vital to run card payment equipment. 

If the solution was simple we would have taken the simple solution. 

https://www.berwickspeedway.com/banditstv/

I've watched at least 2 streamed matches from Berwick, Bandits vs Birmingham on the BSN and the BU21 Final a couple of years ago. I've suggested a solution, run a wire from a reliable source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy