British Speedway Forum
Baldyman

Belle Vue v Ipswich 8 august

Can anyone tell me,,, can I get a seat in grandstand from ticket office on day,, or is that only for back straight stand?   Coming up for this and not sure whether to book a seat now whilst there are still choices or just go for pot luck on the day,,, and also,, can you get a programme on day or are they online purchase in advance only as well,,, thanks in advance 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

The ticket office on Kirkmanshulme Lane in the Grand Stand is usually open when I get there around 18:00, can't imagine there will not be seats available.  Programmes are definitely on sale in the Grand Stand also, but I get one included in my season ticket once I've read the stuff in it which I read you can have it.

27 minutes ago, Col said:

The ticket office on Kirkmanshulme Lane in the Grand Stand is usually open when I get there around 18:00, can't imagine there will not be seats available.  Programmes are definitely on sale in the Grand Stand also, but I get one included in my season ticket once I've read the stuff in it which I read you can have it.

Thank you for reply,, think I will just buy online in a minute,,, but one more question,,, are the 25 quid seats more comfy,,, or are they priced more expensive just because they are in the middle? 

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Thank you for reply,, think I will just buy online in a minute,,, but one more question,,, are the 25 quid seats more comfy,,, or are they priced more expensive just because they are in the middle? 

Both.  They're more expensive because they're in the middle by the starting gate, and more expensive because they're padded and more comfy.   But there's no bad seat in the grandstand, and a lot of people like to be down by the first bend/pits end.

You'd have no trouble buying a ticket for the grandstand on the day, but after a certain time I don't think you can pick which seat you want.  You'll just get one anywhere in the block.

20 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Both.  They're more expensive because they're in the middle by the starting gate, and more expensive because they're padded and more comfy.   But there's no bad seat in the grandstand, and a lot of people like to be down by the first bend/pits end.

You'd have no trouble buying a ticket for the grandstand on the day, but after a certain time I don't think you can pick which seat you want.  You'll just get one anywhere in the block.

Thank you,,think I will treat my bum to a posh seat and get the whole NSS experience 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Thank you,,think I will treat my bum to a posh seat and get the whole NSS experience 

If you want a top experience then south stand is for you. You get to see the real speed of the bikes 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

If you want a top experience then south stand is for you. You get to see the real speed of the bikes 

Too late,, I've booked ticket now,,, and being a bit vertically challenged,, whenever I go in a proper stand like the south stand,, I can guarantee that someone 6ft plus will decide to stand in front of me at the last minute,,,, so at least with a front row seat I know I'm getting to see what's happening

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Too late,, I've booked ticket now,,, and being a bit vertically challenged,, whenever I go in a proper stand like the south stand,, I can guarantee that someone 6ft plus will decide to stand in front of me at the last minute,,,, so at least with a front row seat I know I'm getting to see what's happening

Do a me. Beat the non existing queues and get to the front. 

I’m only 5’9 but feel 6’5 stood at the front :)

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Do a me. Beat the non existing queues and get to the front. 

I’m only 5’9 but feel 6’5 stood at the front :)

5'9,,,,i would love to be so tall

So this will be the first look at the new Witches septet, it's Doyle, Starke, Tungate, King, Batchelor, Summers & Hume?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doyle fell in his last heat during Leszno's home defeat by Czestochowa last night but Sportowefakty suggests he's uninjured.

Kurtz, Tungate, Blodorn, Fricke & Zagar are due to ride in Polish league outings still this weekend while Etheridge has an outing for Berwick.

Tungate signing is subject to BSPL approval. 

The teams need to be in today so don’t be surprised if tungate can’t ride Monday 

12 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

The teams need to be in today so don’t be surprised if tungate can’t ride Monday 

Could read that as Tungate in subject to Louis approval (Director of BSPL) :P

Joking aside the press release states the same for Summers. Just a formality surely?

14 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

I somehow don’t think their will be a problem with Tungate getting approval.

21 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

The redeclaration has to be submitted 72 hours before it takes effect  (so 7.30pm Friday to ride at 7.30pm the following Monday).    Ipswich submitted their redeclaration well before that.