British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Presenter

Congratulations Sam....

I agree with Steve as well but as Star Lady said its not his fault as he shouldnt have been given the job really, it was just a sop to the fans. IMO I think Kevin Coombes the Eastbourne announcer would have done a better job - ask the Poole fans as they seem to think he does a good job as well. In fact Im sure there are lots of good experiended announcers they could have used.

Standing in front of 40000 people + t.v cameras at cardiff and standing in front of a few hundred peole at Arlington is just a touch more daunting I would say.

IMO I think Kevin Coombes the Eastbourne announcer would have done a better job - ask the Poole fans as they seem to think he does a good job as well.

He would have been my choice.

Kevin Coombes (he did Brighton?) is good. I liked Sam but I was not listenging to him for heat result, I work that out myself(or ask the official program filler in, Robbo). As I said, he got us all (to use a speedway term) "pumped up". Prehaps he does not a side kick or even needs to be the side kick and Kevin Coombed might be the guy to do it.

'The Official Programme Filler In'.

Propa bo that quite like it.Shame the p*** heads kept spilling beer over the scorecard eh :mad::P:D:P .

Propa bo that quite like it.Shame the p*** heads kept spilling beer over the scorecard eh :mad::P:D:P .

Says the under age drinker!!

Jill won't be happy with you, p*** head indeed!! :P

Agree that Sam messed up rider intros could not hear a word as soon as he said the riders names with the airhorns blasting all around. You need a good presenter at an event like this and i'm afraid Sam was NOT the Man!

Major mistake by Benfield to employ an amateur debutant for such an important job.

He made an absolute cock-up of the rider introductions by getting them ar$e about.

And with no proper announcer I didn't get half of the race times.

His jabbering was unclear, and he mixed up attempting to give the race result with attempting to give the line up for the next race. I don't even know whether he gave all the race times. Several appeared never to be given and one came about three races after the event.

Ermolenko, forget announcing, stick to what you're good at.

Edited by Ace_of_clubs

Inbetween watching, an enjoying probably the best Cardif GP so far, I was in communication, via text, with several people.

To best of my knowledge all were above 1st tier. and the majority view was we couldn't hear a word the man was saying.

One of our party said this was a good thing ....

others may have thought it -

Propa bo that quite like it.Shame the p*** heads kept spilling beer over the scorecard eh :mad:  :P  :D  :P .

Says the under age drinker!!

Jill won't be happy with you, p*** head indeed!! :P

who was that then

i wasnt drunk couldnt have been me hehehe

robbo underge drinker never. Never seen him with a alcoholic drink all day lol

Edited by jill

Ermolenko, forget announcing, stick to what you're good at.

I don't think you can fall over and try to claim the bonus point in a GP :D

We couldn't hear much of Ermolenko's mumbling either, and his introductions were rubbish.

They should have had a proper announcer to give the official results.

There was me thinking I was drunk and hearing had gone all funny, luckily I sat next to Liontamer (very nice man and not as old as I thought either :wink: ) and B2B his comments are hilarious and a true Brit fan thats what I like. :approve:

Stuttering Sam Ermolenko lets congratulate him as he done quite well in Sweden last Thursday........................................HONK HONK