British Speedway Forum

Firstly congratulations to the Brits for doing well on their own patch, Lee Richardson looked chuffed to bits, Floppy rode out of his skin and Scotty Nicholls rode well considering his recent injuries...

Having looked at the comments that have been made and I know I am a little biased here but does anyone else agree that AJ should have at least got a place in the final?

He was at least as quick as anyone else with three wins and a second before the semi-final place, beat Leigh Adams in the main event, had a fantastic tussle with Mark Loram and chased Greg Hancock to beat him on the line...to get what? A gate four draw in the semi-final!

With a decent draw in the semis, I am sure that he would have qualified for the final and who knows if he had any semblance of luck with picking gate positions, he would have been odds-on to win it.

This year has been tough going for AJ and his confidence couldn't have been helped by the goings on at Brandon, so it was heartening to see him mixing it with the top boys.

Nicki Pedersen had a great night too and won a couple of heats from gate 1 but draw gate 4 in the semis and lost. If he had gotten gate 1 in the semi final he would have had a much bigger chance of getting into the final. It's just part of the game and the only fair way I can think of to decide who get which gate.

I agree, Steve. Thats the first thing me and my mum said. He had ridden really well all night, passing riders and looking quick with it too. In the final, with a decent gate, I really thought he could have done it, but gate 4 in the semis :( Luck of the draw, and I guess he doesn't have the luck!!!

I agree as well. I was filling in a copy of the programme yesterday to give to a friend of mine who couldn't get to Cardiff and I was reliving the evening as I was filling in the results. It brought back to me just how impressive AJ had been and that he was very unlucky not to make the final.

Jonsson is a loser, Floppy Norris was the best rider on show alongside his inspiration team mate, Nicki Pedersen.

He was at least as quick as anyone else with three wins and a second before the semi-final place, beat Leigh Adams in the main event, had a fantastic tussle with Mark Loram and chased Greg Hancock to beat him on the line...to get what? A gate four draw in the semi-final!

With a decent draw in the semis, I am sure that he would have qualified for the final and who knows if he had any semblance of luck with picking gate positions, he would have been odds-on to win it.

Agree, but I'm a little biased too - I had £5 e/w on him at 40-1. :cry:

still, it was great to see him riding like he can again. I rate him very highly and can see him winning the whole series in 2-3 years.

I rate him very highly and can see him winning the whole series in 2-3 years.

Then he has to beat another young rider first.

You can have a wild guess of who I mean. :D:wink::wink::D

garf is clearly refering to Les Collins. :D I think there will be a few young Danes in the GP series in 3 year time as well as the ones that are there now.

I rate him very highly and can see him winning the whole series in 2-3 years.

Then he has to beat another young rider first.

You can have a wild guess of who I mean. :D:wink::wink::D

Aye I do. And I agree. (This is a very agreeable thread!) Bjerre and Lindback are the two boys who I reckon will soon join Jonsson, Nicholls, Nicki P, Bjarne P, Hampel in sorting out the title in 4-5 years. I only wish a Stead or Howe would hurry up and move into that bracket and not wait as long as David Norris did. :rolleyes: