British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tony159

How many Forum members have tickets for S.W.C Fina

How many forum users have purchased tickets for the Speedway W.C. Final

at Poole in August ?

Zero ?

I'm still waiting to win the lottery so I can afford to take the family with me....still we might still keep our booking at the hotel and have a lovely weekend in Dorset and visit a few old haunts.

We were going to -but Im sorry thats just taking the michael.

Personally think people should not bother at the mo and when no one buys any prices may go down but doubt it.

Disgusted :angry:

Had a similar problem when Exeter City played Brazil a few weeks ago--£30 a ticket-there was uproar-in the end they reduced the kids tickets.

Edited by Nevsy

How can they let people into the Millennium Stadium and give them a seat for £25 yet charge £40 for a seat at Poole for a Mickey Mouse competition (in comparason with the GP's).

Either the perosn who come up with the prices was p1$$ed or they hoped th fans would be when they bought the tickets!!

If they continue to sell no tickets, then i feel the prices will be reduced. Me, mum and dad are probably still going in but them prices take the P**s. It costs more to stand at the final at poole than it did for a family ticket at cardiff. How can that make any snense but something will have to be done about it or else there will be no crowd. Actually i can see there being a crowd but not people who go and stand and shout for there team on the terraces every week and we will end up with no atmosphere as like peterborough for the race-off in 2002 they packed the place full of annoying little scouts next to us who did not have a clue what was going on and kept pushing past and no-way did all of them pay the entrance money we paid to get in. We ended up having to move and ended up not being able to see aswell as before. I feel to make it look good for sky they will do the same again but the prices will have to be reduced or else no-one will go.

P.S and when the british g.p winner will not even be riding

Edited by Silver Cheetah

Same view as everyone else - going to stay at home and watch on TV at the moment. Prices are far too high - shame really cos I wouldn't have minded.

Guest JY2003

I take it not many people are going to this then....Neither am i, the prices are stupid...

Same here, I was going until I saw the prices.

As SCB said, why would i want to pay £40 to watch that, I paid less than £25 for the GP for crying out loud.

Ditto everyone else.

Those prices are completely ridiculous :mad:.

There is no way im paying them prices to watch speedway, when I can watch it on Sky, and get a better covarage. If I add up my accomadation, transport there from Hull and the ticket prices, I can go Abroad and still have spending money!!!!!!

So I will be viewing the tournament from the luxury of my armchair!!

Im also not bothered as the Americans are not in it, YES i will be cheering for the brits but I just love the american style( oh yes and Greg :wub: !!)

no way will i be forking out £40 to get into the stadium. add up the cost of petrol from the midlands, and beer money for whilst i'm down there and it starts getting silly. i'll be watching it at home with my nice refrigerated beer and reclining sofa :D

Can anyone tell me who decided the prices for the W.T.C.

Surely if nobody goes it is doing no favours for the coverage of the sport .

Would'nt if be better for the sport in the long run to make the tickets cheap

and get the publicity if the stadium was packed out for all the meetings .

Someone is either being very greedy or not really caring about the long term

benefits a successful W.T.C. would be for the Sport . :angry::angry::angry:

I aready have booked my tickets. A 4 meeting ticket works out at £22.50 a seat, so I think that is a very fair price. When I booked they said that booking had been very steady, so whether or not most of you are not prepared to pay it, many others will and the semi and final will be full, as Poole only has a small capacity.

I can see it now. People on here who are saying they are not prepared to book at those prices, will have a change of heart when the final approaches, only to discover it's a sell out and through their initial displeasure at the prices, they are gutted to have missed Team GB win the WTC.

I agree prices are steep if you just buy a seat for the final, but there are many fans coming from Europe who are buying tickets for all meetings, and that is not expensive.

Not everyone can afford to spend £90 though Mr Shovlar! :neutral: