British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Papa Bazarou

Tony Rickardsson's knock

Very nasty incident tonight for Tony, the way his helmet met the track was not pretty. Bad enough the once, but the second rear blow similar to a boxer going down looked even worse.

Very happy to see him back to his feet, but looking second best in the eliminator, hopefully no lasting effects.

Tony is not finding things easy this year, there a lot of hard chargers out there now, and some good performances from he wild cards, title no.6 looking unlikely - for this year at least ? Next year the rest will be stronger still.

Tony aside, should those type of incidents force an automatic withdrawal from the meeting - concussion and head injuries are not to be take lightly, other sports force competitors to rest, and look at the Ralf Schumacher incident last week in Indianapolis. Ok F1 is different, the dynamics of crash are totally disimilar, the one common denominator being the chance of a head injury.

Papa

If a rider shows signs of concussion or there is hint of him being unconscious, the rider is not allowed to race on. In the case of concussion he needs to be cleared by a Doctor testing him and in the case of being unconscious is not allowed to ride for a week I think.

:blink::blink:

Guest JY2003

Their must be something wrong with Tony if he falls off like nearly every GP, :unsure: Looked a very nasty crash.

Edited by JY2003

NOT Rickardsson's fault JY, the same thing happened to Nicholls (twice) and Nicki once, if the back wheel picks up extra grip, or goes in a rut the rider has little control over it.

Guest JY2003
NOT Rickardsson's fault JY, the same thing happened to Nicholls (twice) and Nicki once, if the back wheel picks up extra grip, or goes in a rut the rider has little control over it.

I never said it was his fault but he falls off nearly every GP, :rolleyes::unsure:

It was a big shame for Tony as he was on fire last night and looked like the winner. He had made a superb pass of Adams when the ruts on the forth bend caught him out (as it did others) From going through to the next stage and a possible victory, the crash cost him the chance of winning this years title.

He just never had enough time to recover for the eliminator. Pure bad luck.

I feel heartfelt sorry for Tony... things arent going his way the now but there is still time and I feel by the time that it gets to Hamar that he will still be gunning for the title..

As for his crash , I honestly thought that was his night finished as the way his helmet and head went that could easily have been severe concussion , maybe shoulder damage aswell the way he landed... I admire his testicular fortitude though for getting up from that :)

Guest JY2003

Was sitting next to a Swedish lady on the airplane on way to Denmark.She said that Tony isnt even going good in Sweden, whats going on? :unsure:

Was sitting next to a Swedish lady on the airplane on way to Denmark.She said that Tony isnt even going good in Sweden, whats going on? :unsure:

Maybe he should ride in the so called Elite League. Looks like he could do with a bit more practice. :mad:

Guest JY2003

Maybe he should ride in the so called Elite League. Looks like he could do with a bit more practice. :mad:

Ever since he has quit British Speedway he has gone down hill, :cry: .My Mum rekons he is having family troubles... :unsure:

Tony is doing well in his league racing this year.....Maybe not quite as dominant in the past, but he is still perfoming to a high level, and racking up decent scores...

Thing is, Tony has set such high standards for the last few years, what would be seen as a bloody good season for almost anyone else is seen as just "OK" for Tony....

I doubt Tony will win this years Title now, but I wouldnt bet against him winning in 2005...2005 will be a new season, with no mid season upheavel (Leaving Poole...), he will be fresh and no doubt very focused again....

MY guess without looking at the GP Standings is that Tony is currently World Number 5 or 6....Damn Good really, but we are so used to seeing Trick as Number 1 that anything less is taken as a sign that he is on a descent from the very top of world speedway....

Maybe he has family troubles, maybe his health isnt all that great did anyone notice how much hair he has lost on top, it seems to have gone rather rapidly IMO, so could there be a health issue here ? :unsure:

Well the track was dodgy on that 4th bend as we saw lots of incidents there but I reckon Trick is just trying too hard and basically getting into trouble over it. He hasn't looked like his old self at all this near so who knows what are the reasons behind it. Also got to say, look at Sullivan, he is struggling big time in the GP's all though his form elsewhere is generally pretty good, hope he gets his bikes improved and his confidence back soon.

If Tony has family problems then it's no ones business but Tony's! Such speculation really p****s me off. :mad: Riders have their professional life which we are more than entitled to pass comment on, but then like us all. they have a private life too, and I'm damn sure I wouldn't like speculation about my private life splashed accross the net!

Think Jeffster has hit the nail on the head though. Tony has been awesome over the past few years and we've become accustomed to him wiping the floor with his opponents. He's not having a bad year, just one below his normal standards.

We saw and spoke to Tony prior to the GP in Prague where he seemed relaxed, happy and healthy.

Thought I'd read somewhere that Tony has a new tuner and is using new frames this season. If there is anything wrong with Tony's performances this year maybe these changes have something to do with it. Or is that far too simple and boring explanation for some? :shock: