British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Who will win the World Cup??

1. Sweden

2. Denmark

3. Team GB

4. Austraillia

Not even close laura with your predictions and your spelling. :P

As much as I like the bloke I think Shaggy is going to be the weak link especially at Poole if its slick.

At Eastbourne should be ok but if Bob Dugard doesn't do the track and Ole Olsen gets his lot to prepare the track it could be slick as well which would spell bad news for Mark , Joe and Floppy.

Can't imagine Screen will be riding at Poole. Havelock is far superior around Wimborne Road and will definately replace Screen.

1. Sweden

2. Denmark

3. Team GB

4. Austraillia

Not even close laura with your predictions and your spelling. :P

Oh well :P

If its any consolation last time the Bees rode at Eastbourne, I had a chat with AJ, and he told me absolutely hates racing at Eastbourne!

C'mon the Brits. I've now put my money where my keyboard is. Sadly the odds on Sweden have changed from 4/1 to 10/3. Still, with a fiver on them and the Brits it makes things interesting.

I was glad to get there and see the 5/1 (for the Brits) quoted last week hadn't changed. I think the boys can do it this year. Lets just hope everyone who can make it will get right behind them, and forget club loyalty for a week.

11.gifGive them a cheer for me11.gif

Guest newman
What a silly allegation.

To allegate that the Danish riders are all riding dirty just because a few is riding on the edge, also called "hard riding" which is allowed by the book. Otherwise the ref. has to take action.

and on another post:

I don't think you can rule any Pole out of the competition as long they are allowed the "very tough, almost dirty, riding" which they all seem to be practicing for the moment.

Congratulations Garf. Great, logical and unbiased comments. :o

From your point of view it is as simple as that:

1) Danes are all right. May be a few rides hard but of course only in a way allowed by the book because otherwise the ref. would had to take the action. So why, the hell, the rest of the world accuse Nicky and Co?

2) On the other hand ALL the f* Poles are allowed the "very tough, almost dirty, riding". Why all of them are not yat banned from riding.

I am a bit confused now. Please let me know if you are for or against hard riding. Or may be you accept Danes riding hard and do not non-Danes doing the same. If such a logic is common in Danmark I am starting to understand people like Nicky P or Ole O. :D

COME ON YOU BRITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normally I go to a quiz tonight at the local Working Mens Club but tonight I'm staying in with the kids to watch "Middlos Men" :approve:

1) Sweden :unsure:

2) Australia :angry:

3) Team GB :D

4) Denmark :mad:

Once Team Sweden get to Poole, I personally think they will be too strong all round. Team GB to push Australia close for 2nd place, but Adams and Crump to save the Aussies, unlike heat 24 and 25 last year :D

Edited by Cougar Pirate

I GO FOR

1 sweden

2 gb

3 denmark

1. Sweden

2. Denmark

3. Team GB

4. Poland

What no Aussies ?? :unsure:

Rico :rolleyes:

I am a bit confused now. Please let me know if you are for or against hard riding. Or may be you accept Danes riding hard and do not non-Danes doing the same. If such a logic is common in Danmark I am starting to understand people like Nicky P or Ole O. :D

As you put it here, I might have problem. :oops:

But to straighten one thing out : I'm not in for the dirty riding or the hard riding at all.

What I was "moaning about", or the meaning on the bottom line is :

I'm sick and tired of the fact that many membeers here on the forum are "painting all the Danish riders with the same brush".

Noone can come and say that KB, PUK, Charlie, Jesper and Bjarne are riding the "hard speedway" neither "dirty".

I'm not in for the hard riding, and I'm not a pro NP or HA speedway supporter, but many times I do think the the ref is judging a rider just because of his reputation instead of "watching the incident one more time in slow motion".

Regarding the Poles, then I might be a little biased as I have the impression that the opponents to the Pole riders better has to stay on the inside. :wink:

Guest Stars Fan

I think the Brits can win it!

C'MON TEAM GB!