British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Who will win the World Cup??

As a Brit (but I'm not English!!) I agree, we did have some luck. But you need luck to win these meetings at the end of the day. The Swedes were the best team and did deserve the victory, so well done to them.

Kolodziej & Rempala were absolutly amazing and as a Pole, you should be absolutly proud of them, they were brilliant, to score 21 and have Gollob score 0 says it all about the future of Polish speedway. I think the Poles deserve a big well done as well. TBH, I though GB, Sweden and Poland did well, the Danes, well they were naff, even Nicki Pedersen (can't stand th bloke) and Puk (my second favourite rider). The future of Polish speedway looks good, as does the future of Danish speedway, even after a dodgy meeting tonight.

But you need luck to win these meetings at the end of the day.

well they had the luck but still didn't win...says it all really...

maybe the Hans Andersen thing was just cancelling out heat 23?

maybe the Hans Andersen thing was just cancelling out heat 23?

Which cancelled out heat 21? What about heat 18? We could do this forever. Sweden won, Team GB did not, end of story.

<edit> Heat 18 was cancelled out by heta 7.

Edited by SCB

Kolodziej & Rempala - the biggest surprise of the final ?  ;)

I agree with you that the ride of these two young guys from the best club in Poland - Unia Tarnow - was amazing and it may be regarded as a huge POSITIVE surprise of the final :D

But I must add that there was also the NEGATIVE surprise of this final. I mean TOMASZ GOLLOB. I didn`t expect such a disastrous performance of him, especially after his great ride in the race-off. But I`m sure he`ll show us soon that he is still a world-class rider :blink:

Regards from Tarnow ;)

Edited by zbiru

I have quickly calculated in Excel some SWC points averages (per heat). I've included all SWC meetings (except Italy and Hungary). These averages include also Joker points. There might be some mistakes ;)

Loram 2,70

Adams 2,70

Karlsson 2,53

Crump 2,40

Rickardsson 2,27

Jonsson 2,20

Nicholls 2,10

Andersen 2,10

B. Pedersen 2,10

Norris 2,00

Richardson 2,00

Screen 1,80

Gollob 1,80

N. Pedersen 1,80

Havelock 1,80

Sullivan 1,70

Kolodziej 1,60

A.Dryml 1,60

Bjerre 1,60

Iversen 1,60

Shields 1,60

Hampel 1,53

Johnston 1,50

Lindbaeck 1,47

Max 1,40

L.Dryml 1,20

Rempala 1,17

Walasek 1,10

Kasprzak 0,92

Topinka 0,92

Brhel 0,60

Boyce 0,60

Franc 0,43

Edited by Champion

Nice one Champion. some intresting statistics there, Havvy and Screen are quite high yet the ipresive Andreas Jonsson and Marcin Rempala are quite low.

Nice one Champion. some intresting statistics there, Havvy and Screen are quite high yet the ipresive Andreas Jonsson and Marcin Rempala are quite low.

That's just brutal statistics ;)

We (the speedway fans) know better who's a "hero" ;)

The Swedes obviously :D:P:D:P

All too easy to change votes at the end of the meeting.......... what happend to Denmark :wink:

All too easy to change votes at the end of the meeting.......... what happend to Denmark  :wink:

oh well (again)

better have a read of something i put on another thread aimed at your friend (very tempted to put 'little friend' there but you didn't type it)

At least Trees supports the Brits unlike you and your little boyfriend! which reminds me, maybe you should mention to him to change his Avtar, a little pathetic to have a GB Body Colour!!!!!!!!!  But maybe that suits in some way.  :mad:

ok, here we go.... this is something i posted last night on the King's Lynn forum in reply to someone else that didn't like my point of view..

FROM KING'S LYNN FORUM POSTED BY STEVE HONE

sorry you feel this way and i'll point something out...

there was someone in this house tonight supporting the Danes and it wasn't me or Sarah.the best team on the night was quite obviously the Swedes as they won the meeting.

i wanted the Brits to win tonight.. i like Loram but not any of the others, but thats still one more than any of the other teams had that i like.

i am a speedway fan first and foremost and will say it as i see it...not what other people are telling me i should be saying or thinking.

i used to support Wimbledon FC and would sit front row behind the goal at Selhurst and slag off Shearer, Cole, Beckham, Owen etc for 9 months of the year.... there was no way come an international match i was then going to start cheering for them... yes, i want my nation to win, but i'm not going overboard with flags and high hopes of something that is a waste of time (it's why i don't support Lynn ;)).. i will sit and watch and tell it as it is WHEN they lose.

mentioned tonight that the last world cup win at speedway was 1989... for the 'big speedway nation' that's kinda worrying don't you think?

END OF QUOTE

watch the personal comments, they might come back and bite you one day

ho hum

so there you are...neither of us supporting the Danes

Edited by stevehone

Can you explain that one because that doesn't sound very nice sounds like bribery

Also good on the Mrs after all she backed the Danes on the "Who's Gonna Win Thread" must of been pretty quiet in your house :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

The threat (as it was) was apparently aimed at me on a previous post!

Not too sure what or how anything can come back and bite me! Angel that I am!

for some reason some brits just don't like the brits, oh and for some reason those are the brits i don't like, Strange it just seems to be a big visious circle.lol

SUPPORT YOUR HOME LAND

Can you explain that one because that doesn't sound very nice sounds like bribery

Also good on the Mrs after all she backed the Danes on the "Who's Gonna Win Thread" must of been pretty quiet in your house :wink:

bribery??? where's the bribery?? just saying if personal comments come this way they will have a habit of coming back, that's all.... no bribery.

and with regards to the Mrs backing the Danes... just because she backed them, doesn't mean she was supporting them...now go and have a little think about it :blink:

i backed the Aussies but didn't want them to win...as you can see from my post, i wanted GB to win because i like one rider more in their team than i do any of the others.

backing and wanting are two different things.

LMAO :lol: Goooooooooooooooooone Fishing Hook Line and sinker :approve: