British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
David_Furniture

Eastville, Bristol

Or even an "en-masse" picket outside the council house -ha ha . Seriously speaking though , Bristol council is a no - no, North Somerset and Mendip councils are more "user friendly" so the best chances would be with these. BANES are a bunch of "old stick in the muds" too !

Dont let this topic dry up ! . . . like the speedway did. . .

Got any news on your site search for a new speedway track for the Bristol Bulldogs?

Who was it who was trying to get Bristol back at a nearby racecourse last year?

Have you tryed all racecourses, non league soccer grounds, rugby grounds, Cricket arenas and dog tracks in the vicinity?

I recall back in 1996 persons were trying to get Bristol speedway up and running at Clevedon Football club. They were to run during the football off season so in order to take up some of the pitch for the track.

What happened to this plan cause the apparently the football club were very keen and could this be a possibility (but it was about 20 miles from Bristol so very much the Somerset scanario) or another non league ground could be worth a look?

I now its stabbing in the dark but from obscure little ideas empires have been built!

Got any news on your site search for a new speedway track for the Bristol Bulldogs?

Who was it who was trying to get Bristol back at a nearby racecourse last year?

Have you tryed all racecourses, non league soccer grounds, rugby grounds, Cricket arenas and dog tracks in the vicinity?

I recall back in 1996 persons were trying to get Bristol speedway up and running at Clevedon Football club. They were to run during the football off season so in order to take up some of the pitch for the track.

What happened to this plan cause the apparently the football club were very keen and could this be a possibility (but it was about 20 miles from Bristol so very much the Somerset scanario) or another non league ground could be worth a look?

I now its stabbing in the dark but from obscure little ideas empires have been built!

Also what about any moto parks, you know those places designed for motorsports.

Or what about areas designated for noisy/nuisance sports?

Speedway needs Bristol needs speedway!

If other places can come back after long periods away from the sport then Bristol Bulldogs can!

Hi 25year fan,good to hear from you again, the search for a new site is still ongoing. A few of us have found a few possible sites,there is one though where the landowner is very willing to stage this on his land , but it is an ongoing pursuit and cannot reveal too much in case it should fail.....wink wink.

Hi Mr Bulldog!

You didn't answer my questions but ah well you aren't the first and I suspect the last!

Sounds interesting your current search for a site to house Bristol Bulldogs speedway on!

Hope your searching and working bears fruition and we see Bristol Bulldogs back in the British League at their own track!

But like anything in life I'll believe it when it happens not a moment sooner!

Fingers crossed then (FOR US ALL!) :wink:

Its good news for the Brummie fans if a certain Mr Mole and the Perry Bar management can make it work, I really hope it does because like down here there are many die hard fans. Best wishes to all involved up there, maybe one day the Bulldogs and Brummies can race each other again. . .

On the subject of that great benefactor of speedway - Tony Mole.

Although he obviously loves his speedway and has chucked a lot of money at it over the years, he normally only gets involved if their is a buck or 2 to be made.

This is why he sees the proposed return of the Birmingham Brummies to their spirtual home at Perry Bar as a potential goldmine. - And I'd agree, as I feel it has the potential to make the same impact as Workington did when Mr Mole resurrected them in 1999.

My point is: With the huge potential that a reborn Bristol speedway team has, I'm sure Tony Mole would be interested in getting the Bulldogs running again?

He has got the financial clout ansd experience to make things hapen!

I'd agree with you Mr Bulldog, I would get great satisfaction from seeing the Brummies and Bulldogs racing each other, 2 currently defunct large clubs from the past!

Some good points there 25yearfan ! ! Tony Mole certainly has turned around Workington - and Belle Vue for that matter, large money returns do appear to be the motivating force with these businessmen - not love of the sport or club-a shame , but if the club can make a return and has financcial stability it cant be all that bad. . . . I think ? ps did you manage to get my email ok?

Yes I did and thanks!

Is their any greyhound tracks in the Bristol area these days?

Speedway has much to thank greyhound racing for!

I see that Bristol City got thrashed 7-1 yesterday away at Swansea!

The City of Bristols sporting fraternity needs cheering up: Bring back the Bulldogs speedway team!

Theres no Greyhound tracks in Bristol Im affraid, Yeah City got a right thrashing didnt they ! ! ! - good job I dont support football.... Going back to what we discussed - Im going to the prospective site to have a talk and eye up the area- wink wink

If you did manage to bring Bristol Bulldogs speedway back into League action then I think you would have to have a better atitude towards Bristol City. This is cause they are a well supported sporting club in Britol so it would maybe wise to try and make links and keep good relations with them and any other such organisation!

Good luck with your plans, hope this weeks site visit is a productive and going forward one!

Thanks 25yearfan, your right - must have good relations with everyone, dont want to start making enemies this early. Site visit was cancelled, will try again shortly.Waiting on a reply from the other party with the same ambitions- as he is ialso nterested with the site.