British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

SWC inured rider rules?

SWC injured rider rules?

What happens if a rider pulls out of the meeting after the first race?

Was wondering the same thing mate.

If Richardson pulls up with whatever injury he's carring this week what happens?

GB would be in the ######, a rider can't be brought in to replace him so GB wouldn't have a rider in the remaining heats he is in.

I thought this was the case but could not find it in this years rules.

It is crazy not allowing a reserve to be on stand by.

Oh dear.....

Still, could work in our favour at some point I suppose but I wouldn't gamble on Richardson no matter how important he is.

Would like to be proved wrong though.

I think that Lee R should stand down from the team if he is anything less that 95% fit. Imagine what it would be like if the same thing happened to him on Monday as did against Denmark. Would leave Britain in alot of trouble. If there is a risk that the same thing could happen again then Gary Havelock or somebody else (Howe maybe) should take his place. Lee could end up costing us the World Cup for christs sake! :blink:

I think that Lee R should stand down from the team if he is anything less that 95% fit. Imagine what it would be like if the same thing happened to him on Monday as did against Denmark. Would leave Britain in alot of trouble. If there is a risk that the same thing could happen again then Gary Havelock or somebody else (Howe maybe) should take his place. Lee could end up costing us the World Cup for christs sake! :blink:

I doubt it, we haven't got any chance of winning whatsoever, despite the Middlo spin, we will be extremely fortunate to make the final.

having watched Lee last night at Oxford, did not look 100%.......so what happens if he starts then gets injured again, after his second ride, can you bring on a replacement ....or is it just three men in a race.........a rule that i feel cheats us the public....

or is it just three men in a race.........a rule that i feel cheats us the public....

There are no reserves, so you'd have to hope you could bring in a tactical sub.

I doubt it, we haven't got any chance of winning whatsoever, despite the Middlo spin, we will be extremely fortunate to make the final.

Mmmmmmm.................

If all 4 riders are injured in the first race of the night as happened in a previous

world cup and were all unable to ride again in the meeting even allowing for 1

tactical ride per team wouldnt it make the meeting a total farce .

Heat 1 would have no riders in it for a start !!!!!!!!!

At least 9 further races would have only 3 riders .

Surely all teams should have a reserve rider standing by who could replace a

rider who has to pull out of the meeting under doctors orders .

( tony159) yes you would think so! but then this WTC has some funny rules like the one about speeding the meeting up, if a rider delays the start by 2 or 3 secs we Excluded them and delay the meeting by a further 2 or 3 minutes???????????, why not send them 10 yards back so we could still have four in a race, and with teams like Hungary & Italy it would have been entertaining for us to see if they could hold onto the third place..........but then BSI only like to entertain us with live bands and limbo dancers and fireworks........

but then BSI only like to entertain us with live bands and limbo dancers and fireworks........

Shame on you Bill you forgot the Palm Trees :shock:

Guest *Angel*
I think that Lee R should stand down from the team if he is anything less that 95% fit. Imagine what it would be like if the same thing happened to him on Monday as did against Denmark. Would leave Britain in alot of trouble. If there is a risk that the same thing could happen again then Gary Havelock or somebody else (Howe maybe) should take his place. Lee could end up costing us the World Cup for christs sake!  :blink:

Just thought i would point this comment out!!

role on saturday

good luck boys!

I think that Lee R should stand down from the team if he is anything less that 95% fit. Imagine what it would be like if the same thing happened to him on Monday as did against Denmark. Would leave Britain in alot of trouble. If there is a risk that the same thing could happen again then Gary Havelock or somebody else (Howe maybe) should take his place. Lee could end up costing us the World Cup for christs sake!  :blink:

Just thought i would point this comment out!!

role on saturday

good luck boys!

Oh for goodness sake. Ok we made it to the final, but I'm certainly not being swept along with the tide of emotion that has crept into this forum. Some people on here actually believe TeamGB can win the World Cup. Wake up and smell the coffee! If we get on the podium it will be a tremendous effort. Win it, no chance.