British Speedway Forum

Thought would make a post as I did in Denmark last year just to keep you guys informed.

Great for us to be in the final the short way! the boys all rode fantastic and the support that you gave them was brilliant they really do appreciate it and hopefully even better at Poole on Sat, it was nice to actually field the team that i wanted and how they battled, was very proud. Flop was not happy as you probably noticed! with his bike, but once he got things sorted was back to his normal self, he just gets so angry with himself if he feels he under performs for any reason. Scott is a great captain i know some people think he is not the man for the job but if you could have seen how angry he was at dropping points you would understand, he HAS the passion to lead.

Mark was outstanding ever seen him make that many starts? i think even he was shocked. Lee tigered away, probably by his own admission not his best night but very vital points and again rides with great passion, has been an ever present for me at the World Cups.

Screeny again battled for every point and some people again criticized his late selection but he proved the knockers wrong with a great performance.

Next the final, gonna be a tough one all the boys will be coming down to the Race Off to have a look and check the track out to work out set ups,we have practise Friday morning but tracks always change so much due to temperatures etc so will be good for them to see it under proper race conditions.

Its a tough one to call every team has that extra drive racing for there respective countries and i do know that home crowd support does really help to inspire the boys.

Havvy is in for Screeny as you all probably know. It was my original plan to use Havvy at Poole but was tough call after a good show from Joe but we spoke and he agreed Havvy was the man, my final decision and hopefully the right one if Havvy does a great job I will be praised if not will get the oh should have picked Joe people, but thats my job and whatever happens hope you will support us the end. Winning would be fantastic and would hopefully give speedway some decent coverage in the nationals instead of tucked away in the corner of the sports section, but even a rostrum placing and i would feel we had done a good job after all the years of bad luck. So, just a couple of days to go having a game of golf with Havvy and Screeny Thursday, arranged some fishing for Floppy and hopefully a boat trip and dinner out after practise for all the boys just to chill out together.

See you Saturday

Middlo

It's great that you have taken the time to let us all know what is going on, Neil.

In the past I have been critical of your selection of riders for the World Cup. I know we have always had injuries, but I mean to say, Norris and Barker in 2003? What sort of crazy team selection was that!!

But you were right, of course, both rode with a passion I have rarely seen, and did us proud. In fact, that selection was probably instrumental in turning Floppy's career round???

So, I think like many GB fans, I now have total faith in your selections (!), so if you say Havvy for Screeny in the Final, so be it.

I shall be shouting for our boys on Saturday, and if they all stay fit and we have just a little bit of luck, then I see no reason why we won't be World Champions for the first time in 15 years.

Best wishes to everyone involved in Team GB!

Guest FastGater

I will be there screaming my head off! Win or lose, I will be proud of the boys as they always show determination and effort.

Yes, it certainly is great that you have taken the time and trouble to post. I, for one am 100% behind your selections and will be at Poole with my whole family on Saturday cheering on the lads. With the team spirit present and with the encouragement of the home crowd I can see no reason why we can't achieve a podium place....or even the win.

GO Team GB.....do us proud

I'm glad you've taken the time to post because I for one would like to offer my congratulations to you personally. Not everyone agrees with the way you go about leading our team, but I think you've got it spot on. The top four clearly pick themselves, but who do you add? I'm a great believer that the young guys should be given their chance rather than just picking the same old faces. You gave David and Chris their chance to prove themselves, on their own track, and they blew it. (harsh but true) Joe was clearly up for it, and has raised his game. I must admit I thought the best of Joe was in the dim and distant past, but he rode brilliantly. As committed to racing his little heart out as ever he was. If you're reading Joe, well done mate. :approve:

From what is caught on camera Scott looks to do a good job as captain, so no complaints there. He does sometimes seem to take a couple of rides to get the bike spot on. After that he rode very well.

Mark was different class. Six starts in a row :o Has he ever managed six starts in a season before? :P

Lee rode very well considering the injury, and a tight track wasn't going to help. Unspectacular as usual but still finished the night with double figures. Likely to ride better at Poole so that can't be bad.

David also rode extremely well. There was nothing he could do when the bike took off, and only dropped one point in his completed rides. Nothing to be ashamed of there Floppy.

Hopefully Poole won't be too slick, in case our gating deserts us. We certainly have the riders who can race as hard and fast as anybody, so we have to be with them at the first turn.

Good on ya lads and keep it up. :wink:

Nice one Middlo - great performance by the guys on Monday and we know that whatever happens on Saturday they'll be giving it their all.

Good luck for Saturday - you'll have plenty of support and one hell of a wall of noise behind the team that's for sure! :D

Good on you Middlo for taking the time to post. That was a terrific prformance by the GB Boys on Monday night and you all did us proud.

On a cautionary note, i would just like to say that if you are intending to play golf with a few of the lads, then they will be safest standing between you and the pin.

Don't want any of them getting hurt now do we? :D

Good luck for Saturday and i think the roof will come off the Stadium if you guys pull it off!........Go for it! ;)

Middlo..................... Shazzybird has arrived in Poole :lol::wink:

Quick Hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck for Saturday we'll all be there cheering the boys on whatever happens you've done us proud already xxxx

Edited by shazzybird

Great posting by Middlo. Good luck to all of the GB team. Excellent decision to include Havvy, one of my favourite riders, I know he he will give it all and the crowd will be behind the team. Hope Floppy doesn't get a "maximum" when fishing as I'm going out next week and hope some will be left!

GB and Pirates Forevever

Yes well done Middlo and the boys. Great team spirit again by the look of it and if the boys are in the mood on Saturday night, which I am sure they will be, then the SWC title is ours!

Lets hope the British speedway community turn out in force to pack the place out and cheer Team GB on to victory!

Class post by Middlo .

In any other sport would a team manager bother to post on the net during world

cup week .

Like to wish all the GB boys all the best on Saturday .

Just one question to Middlo ...........

Was it fag ash or chewing gum I saw on your notes ?

Just one question to Middlo ...........

Was it fag ash or chewing gum I saw on your notes ?

Let's just hope he's smoking a victory cigar on Saturday night.

Is there such a thing as a victory nicorette patch??? :D