British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ruberoid375

The joker

Guest ruberoid375

Has anyone sorted out the joker anomaly yet?

If the 3rd or 4th team can play it when they're 8 points behind the leader but only 2 or 3 behind the 2nd they could easily take 2nd. Surely the joker was only intended for 2 team races :unsure:

Some people call me the space cowboy.....some call me the gangster of love..... :blink:

Some people call me Maurice 'cause i speak of the pompatus of love B):wink:

Jack nicholson was quite good but cesar romero was the best imo :P

Edited by orion

Has anyone sorted out the joker anomaly yet?

If the 3rd or 4th team can play it when they're 6 points behind the leader but only 2 or 3 behind the 2nd they could easily take 2nd. Surely the joker was only intended for 2 team races :unsure:

Did you have your crystal ball out?

Its a very valid point actually. A team in second place say 4 points behind the leaders, would be disadvantaged against a team in 3rd 8 points behind the leaders, because they could use the Joker, so they could steal 2nd place and a place in the final. Thats seems a little unfair to me.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I know what you are saying but what if the team already in second place had previously used the joker to get into second ? If you disallowed the team in third to use the joker in that situation it would be unfair on the third team.

The sensible thing to do would be to get rid of the joker altogether.