British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Blanchard

Wimbledon & Eastbbourne 1972

Guest Jim Blanchard

I was clearing out my garage earlier in the week when I discovered a spool of cine film in a case about 12cm (5ins) in size. On the back it says Wimbledon and Eastbourne speedway 1972.

I do remember having a bash with cine film and of course then I lived in the south. I cannot remember what meetings are covered. Is there any interest in this sort of thing? I guess I can get it converted to video somewhere if there was. What do you think yes/no??

Yes! I'm sure it would be of interest, but, as you suggest, maybe needs transferring to video or DVD.

Guest Jim Blanchard

Any ideas on that? I guess I could get it done locally here. Unless there is someone out there that does that sort of thing. I think the Wimbledon one may be the Internationale though I am not sure. Altzeihmers kicking in again... Did Ronnie Moore ride in the 1972 event?

I believe there are Forum members who do that sort of thing. Perhaps one will offer...I was at the 1972 Internationale. I might be on your film!

Ronnie Moore scored 13 points but lost to Ivan Mauger in the run-off for first place. Banger came third with 12.

or just go to your local Jessops camera shop...