British Speedway Forum

Heat 13, "crash and burn" Lindback(0), Kolodziej(3), Topinka(4) Sullivan(0).

Now the whole world and it's dog knew that this was as easy an heat Australia will EVER EVER get, so why the ££££ing hell didn't "Senial" Street put Crumpy out as a joker? Whats he waiting for? Heat 25 when it's too late and Gollob and Karlsson are out!!!!!!

Newport have to put up with this every week!!!

Don't get me wrong, the guy IS a legend (a real one too) but he is just not capable of being a speedway manager any more.

Edited by SCB

If the Aussie do manage to get through tonight then I would use Lyons instead of Boyce.

I'd use the top Aussie in the PL, Craig Watson over Jason Lyons.

TBH, I'd actually use Schlein first and if not then McGowan then Wato. Lyons would only ride as a last resort.

Heat 13, "crash and burn" Lindback(0), Kolodziej(3), Topinka(4) Sullivan(0).

Now the whole world and it's dog knew that this was as easy an heat Australia will EVER EVER get, so why the ££££ing hell didn't "Senial" Street put Crumpy out as a joker? Whats he waiting for? Heat 25 when it's too late and Gollob and Karlsson are out!!!!!!

Newport have to put up with this every week!!!

Don't get me wrong, the guy IS a legend (a real one too) but he is just not capable of being a speedway manager any more.

was thinking the same maybe a different not so harsh choice of words

Guest Sir Lunchalot
I'd use the top Aussie in the PL, Craig Watson over Jason Lyons.

TBH, I'd actually use Schlein first and if not then McGowan then Wato. Lyons would only ride as a last resort.

Totally agree SCB.

I'd use the three you mentioned plus Shields and even Doolan as well before trying either Lyons or Boyce. I thought choosing Lyons as the fifth rider last year in Denmark cost Australia the World Cup. We are missing a huge chance to give the younger riders a chance at a higher level competition at the expense of riders who to be honest are towards the end of their careers and don't seem to have that burning desire any more.

To be fair Sir L, I don't think Kevin Doolan is the future or the present, harsh maybe? But then how many rider ever get to SWC standard? Not many! Where as the likes of McGowan and Schlein are the future (in Schlein case I think he's the present too TBH, I have had him in for Johno at Eatsbourne and then had Johno back in tonight). Where as Wato, Parker, Boyce, Schlein are probably the now riders.

As I said, Schlein is the man.

So it seems Neil is not the greatest manager on the planet, he was ok when he did not have to make the tac changes in the past but now he has to do a bit of work, he got it all wrong. AGAIN!!

To balance things a little, he has got the TR rules sussed this year, Newport have often got there 6 point from them, fair play to him, prehaps he is better suited to not having to having to make changes, just stick to giving a rider double points, mind you, it got that wrong tonight!!

Well Sky can use the whole bunch as summarisers now :D

Even so tactics wise they still had the upper hand in Heat 25 although Crump was off the awful gate 1.

Even so tactics wise they still had the upper hand in Heat 25

more luck than judgement i think!!!!!!!

and the luck STILL RAN OUTTTTTTT

To be fair Sir L, I don't think Kevin Doolan is the future or the present, harsh maybe? But then how many rider ever get to SWC standard? Not many! Where as the likes of McGowan and Schlein are the future (in Schlein case I think he's the present too TBH, I have had him in for Johno at Eatsbourne and then had Johno back in tonight). Where as Wato, Parker, Boyce, Schlein are probably the now riders.

As I said, Schlein is the man.

So it seems Neil is not the greatest manager on the planet, he was ok when he did not have to make the tac changes in the past but now he has to do a bit of work, he got it all wrong. AGAIN!!

To balance things a little, he has got the TR rules sussed this year, Newport have often got there 6 point from them, fair play to him, prehaps he is better suited to not having to having to make changes, just stick to giving a rider double points, mind you, it got that wrong tonight!!

Hindsight is a great thing. Neil been around for a long time as rider/engineer/team manager. At the end off the day it’s down to the riders to ride not the team manager

Guest Sir Lunchalot
To be fair Sir L, I don't think Kevin Doolan is the future or the present, harsh maybe?

I think you misread my intentions SCB, I was totally agreeing with you. After the top 4 for Oz my next in line would be 5. Schlein, 6. McGowan, 7. Shields, 8. Watson, 9. Parker and 10. Doolan.

Lyons & Boyce would be at 11 and 12 for me.

And look at what youth did for the qualifier at Poole, by all reports Kolodziej, Lindback (both under 21) & Jonsson (23 'ish?) were three of the highlights of the meeting.

Great meeting tonight... spent most of the evening willing the Aussies on, but changed alliegance before the final race, as to qualify via the joker rule would have been by default. Amazing stuff by Gollob, crazy stuff by Jonsson, superb riding by Kolodziej, and weren't Sullivan and Boyce pants.

And Neil Street? Well, first of all let me say that he has done so much for Speedway over the years. But maybe it's time to move on. Had he played the joker earlier (it was begging to be used in Leigh's third ride) rather than Heat 25, the the Aussies would be through. And the selection of Boycey was such a mistake, I saw him against EL opposition a couple of weeks ago and he was far too slow. The same tonight. Surely one of the in-form pair of Schlein (match winning

paid 13 at Coventry) or McGowan (paid 29 from his last two meetings) should

have been selected. The youth policy worked tonight for Poland, it's already paid big dividends for the Danes. However, said that, let's hope that British experience prevails on Saturday night!!!!

All the best

Rob

Neil Street cost the Aussies a place in the Final. No question.

Hindsight is a great thing. Neil been around for a long time as rider/engineer/team manager. At the end off the day it’s down to the riders to ride not the team manager

Hindsight? Did Neil have to nomite when he'd use his Jokers ebfore the meeting? Hell no!

He cocked up.

And Neil Street? Well, first of all let me say that he has done so much for Speedway over the years. But maybe it's time to move on. Had he played the joker earlier (it was begging to be used in Leigh's third ride) rather than Heat 25, the the Aussies would be through.

Just thought I would put this up to stick up for good ole Streety.

I was speaking to Neil today about the World Cup and he was, as usual, totally honest. I asked him why he didn't use the Joker as soon as they went 6 behind in Leigh's 3rd ride and Leigh told him that he didn't want to do it because he was off gate 4 and didn't think he could make it. Like Neil said, it was no point wasting the possibility of using Leigh later on when even a 10 point league rider and 2nd in the world rider says no.

So why didn't he put Leigh into the heat where he'd have bene off gate one AS SOON as they went 6 down? He had not need to wait for the following heat where Leigh was off gate 4.