British Speedway Forum
sirmatty

well done AJ+ tomaz wot a meeting

No the crowds are much larger and the atmosphere far better .

But the racing is just as good .

No it's not, the track could have been like the M1 (in fact it was towards the end apart from the dirt piled up against the fence) and the racing would have been still as good as the riders were so determined tonight.

That meeting could have been anywhere and it would have been just as entertaining because it was do or die.

That meeting could have been anywhere and it would have been just as entertaining because it was do or die.

Trust you to spoil it! :P

Watch your backs Coventry, Mr Ford was chatting away with Andreas all friendly like at Eastbourne on Monday ;) Then again perhaps he is just a friendly sort of bloke :D

Good job it wasnt at Belle Vue ...............

Meetings dont even start half the time . ;)

Too true, Mr Gollob round Sheffield or King's Lynn .......... heaven!!

Watch your backs Coventry, Mr Ford was chatting away with Andreas all friendly like at Eastbourne on Monday ;) Then again perhaps he is just a friendly sort of bloke :D

I think a change of club would do him good.... ;)

An Aussie free final is great news! I hope the Brits can win on saturday, but, the best of luck to all the teams, they have been a credit to speedway, and we are safe in the knowledge that the Aussies cannot win!! OH, WHAT JOY!!

what an incredible meeting!!

but why oh why is a team allowed to use the joker in the last heat??!!

well done Poland :D

Well I have just got back from a fantastic nights entertainment. This one had it all, and at the very end justice was done.

Got to say I couldn't belive the major cock up Meil Sttreet made when not using Adams as a joker ride half way through the meeting. If he had used it Astrailia would now be in the final. To use it in the last race was legal but left a dreaful taste in the mouth, only for it to fail and justice to be done.

The crowd though was the smallest at Poole this year, about half the usual size. The fans that stayed away, or were priced out of a ticket, missed a feast of speedway action.

Where do I begin?

Andreas Jonsson. Blinding stuff and his wall of death ride was stunning.

Kolodziej. Matt has got to sign him up now for next year. Brilliant stuff from the youngster.

Gollob. The man is a legend and his ride in the final heat showed that at times he is the best rider in the world. Crump just had no answer.

Team GB need all the support they can muster, and YOU are needed at Poole for an even better meeting in 48 hours time.

I sat behind a group of Aussies that had come over to watch, and cheered loudly when Gollob won that final heat. I told them I wasn't shouting at the Aussies, but for the fact that they are allowed to use the joker in the final heat. It is a loophole in the rulebook that needs to be fixed before next year. No jokers in the final 5 heats please.

And guess what, even though the meeting was great, we had the old blue groove on the first bend!

As for Rob B, sorry mate but there isn't many tracks that would have produced such a great meeting.

Totally agree with all that Steve Schovlar has said.

This was one of the most entertaining, nail biting meetings I have ever seen on Sky.

I felt the referee made two blunders. One when he allowed Lindback to stay in the race when he brought down Kolodziej. The other when he excluded Michael Max. I love Johnno but I felt he went down just a tad to easily.

As for my hero Tomaszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....one word WOW :approve:

And guess what, even though the meeting was great, we had the old blue groove on the first bend!

As for Rob B, sorry mate but there isn't many tracks that would have produced such a great meeting.

I really enjoyed the action tonight, i think the track wasn't that good, it was just rider determination that produced such good racing.

and I can think of loads of tracks that would have! Still it WAS good to watch and i'm sure even better to have been there live.

This has got to have been one of the best ever live tv speedway meetings anyone who watched that for the first time should be hooked. If the final is half as good that will do me.

Thank god the joker did not play a part that would have really spoilt the night. Mind there were some poor tactics from Neil Street.

Guest Shnikies

Absolutely stunning stuff. Best meeting I've seen on TV for a long, long time.

Jonsson and Gollob were both incredible. Lindback needs to take a long look at himself IMO. Max & TRick need to up their game if Sweden are to hold on their gold medal.

Although, I feel the Poles will be the Czechs of the Final, they were magnificent. Kolodziej produced a match-winning ride in heat 21. Gollob was rock solid, with good back-up from Hampel and Kasprzak had his moments too. Now if only Walasek can have a better meeting on Saturday..

I honestly thought they were going to run out of steam but it was in fact the Aussies were didn't have the stamina :blink: Poor Crump seems to get the last heat every time. Gotta feel for the guy. But an interesting interview after the meeting.

Bring on Saturday night!

What a meeting - that final has a hell of a lot to live up to. Think it will be packed there tomorrow for sure. Just goes to prove what I've always said - that Poole's track will dish up great racing when it's slick and that the lines are there if the racers in the sport have the balls to go for it and use their heads to find the lines rather than just play follow my leader.

Still can't believe AJ's move - that goes down as one of the most aweseome passes I've seen in the sport since I've been following it. Knew he'd do well - he's like a home rider round Poole unlike a certain Aussie I won't mention! :P

So an Aussie free final and I bet the Poles couldn't beleive how much support they had in that last heat . ;) If anyone was in two minds about tomorrow they should get their ticket today. Forget the size of the crowd last night - it was never going to be full with no British interest - but the Final is a different story. Can't wait! :D