British Speedway Forum

Although after the meeting I had a text message from a friend of mine who is actually Danish. He congratulated GP on coming 2nd etc and asked how I thought the meeting went. My reply isn't repeatable but he then phoned me to ask why I had called Hans Andersen a ******. He said that of course he let him by, it's because he was Swedish and that they always help each other out as they are the nearest country to them and all the rubbish. Think he was just rubbing it in, but it gives you the perspective from a Danes point of view. I just hope that the Ippo promotion are having a few words with him before they let him ride again. He has made himself a very unlikable person throughout this year (Richardson at Peterborough and Norris at Wolves), but this is the final straw.

That's a very good point there why would a Dane help out a Brit over a fellow Scandanavian?

I'm afraid people are simply NOT objective enough, in fact the smugness of home fans and people on this forum probably made him think "we won't win it but neither will you"

What he did is WRONG but i suspect other countries won't see it like that, look at the furore over that goal in Euro 2004, evey other country was laughing at our inability to get over a defeat

Does anybody remember the South Korean footballer who got sacked by his Italian football club Perugia for scoring the Golden Goal agianst the Italians in the World Cup 2002? And do you remember the response from English people, i seem to remember we all had a good laugh at the Italian's expense

Edited by General Melchitt

I saw this meeting on the live internet feed with Danish commentry, so I never saw all the Sky Sports allegations. I saw the final race and saw Scott Nicholls get stuck behind Hans Andersen on the first turn. Very disappointing, though I wasn't surprised to see Sweden win in the end as there was a feeling over the last round of races that they had stepped up a gear.

I'm not a great fan of Hans Andersen. Sometimes I think his riding is extremely dangerous, and that hair style - whooo, no Hans. Don't like it.

I have to say that this hysterical reaction to that last race is somewhat ludicrous to be honest, and I've just been to the link to his Guestbook and just think that the whole thing is getting a little bit silly.

Maybe he shut off to help Peter Karlsson, maybe he didn't. I can't be sure as I just watched the race once. If he did, then I guess that's his perogative. If he wasnted a Scandinavian country to win and was prepared to do that, then that's up to him isn't it? He may ride for Ipswich, but he is a Scandinavian and he rode a perfectly legitimate corner. The fact is, if England had been good enough they would have come through to win.

This is just a typical reaction to an English/British sporting defeat. Why does it always happen? Oh, we lost because of the ref. We lost because someone cheated us out of it. We lost because our shoes were too big. Need a scapregoat. Etc etc Blah blah blah blah blah.

No. GB lost over 25 heats, not just one, and I was supporting them all the way. To come up with comments like throwing breeze blocks at him are offensive and plainly ridiculous.

Does anybody remember the South Korean footballer who got sacked by his Italian football club Perugia for scoring the Golden Goal agianst the Italians in the World Cup 2002? And do you remember the response from English people, i seem to remember we all had a good laugh at the Italian's expense

Yeah but Ahn wasnt cheating he was just doing his job. Hans effectively cheated and bought the sport into disripute. If he had raced like he normally does than we wouldn't be here arguing about it because there would have been no controversy.

James :D

Well said, Grachan. The most sensible comment on the whole sorry saga so far.

Yeah but Ahn wasnt cheating he was just doing his job. Hans effectively cheated and bought the sport into disripute. If he had raced like he normally does than we wouldn't be here arguing about it because there would have been no controversy.

No i agree It's not quite the same but you miss the point, yet again :rolleyes:

The point WAS The Italians SACKED a player, and we all laughed at them for going over the top

Edited by General Melchitt

Blimey what a fuss!

The meeting was lost before the heat, never liked Anderson his action just confirms what i thought!

however coming off gate 1 (the slowest of the night) Scott was never going to catch PK! he was "impeded" for half a back straight, plenty of track left.

Regarding Richardson, i agree this was very odd, however, lee avoided the Pole, it would have been better i suppose for him to plough into him? the pole in this situation would have been excluded anyway, so a correct result if a tad biased!

How about Lindbacks last ride? Am i the only one to notice that he had TWO wheels over the white line on the first turn? thats an exclusion to me? could have made all the difference.

Why, thank you Norbold. I'm not sure everyone else will agree though!

Yep, definatly the most sensible post and exactly the way I feel too .

Edited by crazysue

Guest JY2003

nah shes just a tubby little groupie with sod all better else to do!

Ouch! :o;)

Call me what you want... I really couldnt care less

No i agree It's not quite the same but you miss the point, yet again :rolleyes:

The point WAS The Italians SACKED a player, and we all laughed at them for going over the top

I didnt miss the point. I didnt laugh because they went OTT. I thought it was darn right unfair and was disgusted by Perugia's actions.

I really dont think chasing Andersen out of British Speedway is a good idea. I personally think people would turn up to see him in action which some clubs could certainly do with! People are attracted by things like that, just like Maradonna.

Yes, I'm glad someone else is prepared to bring some sanity to this forum. I am a Panthers fan and I also like Ryan Sullivan, but I feel that the vitriol on this forum to Andersen and Pedersen in recent months has been disgraceful and I think some people need to take a long look at themselves, especially the owner of this site who seems to refuse to remove some of the more offensive and boundary crossing postings. Does anyone know the email address of the owner of this web site because I for one wish to remonstrate to them for apparently endorsing certain postings by not removing them.

I enjoy the posting fights I have with Steve Shovlar on here as much as I am sure he likes to come on here deliberately to wind people up. One thing I will say about Steve to his credit is that I have never seen him trawl to the depths that some people have done this weekend.

No indeed but people in England whilst probably agreeing with those sentiments would have secretly thought something like typical Italians can't take defeat etc etc and enjoyed a laugh at how petty they were, beginning to get the picture now?

To the Italians it was deadly serious, to others a joke and a laugh need i continue?

I'm afraid our collective response isn't really any different regardless of how the event happened.

Actually i didnt laugh when they saked him.

i thought "too bloody right" if you bite the hand that feeds you......

on a generall point, the danes are becoming unpopoular, is it just the UK?

Don't let FR get to you folks, the stirring is only being done because the Aussies weren't even good enough to reach the final, never mind challenge to win it & Ryan was anything but "flyin."

Ignore those posts as they should be ignored & they will stop.

Just like Hans it leaves a foul taste in your mouth.

When did you last have hans in your mouth? NO, don't answer that............. B)