British Speedway Forum

I'm afraid I agree with Flying Ryan. Threatening bodily harm IS crossing the boundary of decent human behaviour, by all means be angry but the threat of physical violence is way off being civilised........so should I go as well FT.

I'm not sure that I want to be a part of a 'family forum' that appears to endorse the throwing of a breeze block at a Speedway Rider whilst he is competing.

bye bye then

See which category your in then full throttle :angry:

How can anyone take your posts seriously again :rolleyes:

Not that we ever did anyway ;)

Comming off the 2nd bend, Hans looks over his shoulder, sees PK and shuts off.

In the interview with Sophie he says (with huge smile) "I didn't see Peter" and they then show the replay with Hans looking back and shutting off.

He also let Nicholls past too. What the hell is all the fuss about :mad:

I have to agree that it was lost over 25 heats and we had our share of good fortune as well. I can understand the frustration as we lost. Hans never lost us the Championship maybe hindered Scotty.( who gave it his best)

I dont think Hans deserves the abuse written on his website guestbook. I think its a sad day for british speedway when things like that are written.

Hans gives us a lot of entertainment on and off the track. Yes he can ride "over the top" and maybe he did help PK it will be debated for years. Then that has happened throughout the history of speedway. Thats what makes meetings good, hero and villan situations.

On a personal level I have always found Hans helpful and he has a good relationship with George which has contiued since his days at Poole.

As I say it does not warrent the level of abuse on his website some of that is just shameful :sad:

The forum isn't endorsing throwing breeze blocks at anyone just because someone else posts it. Freedom of speech and all that!

I am not against freedon of speech, but a boundary has been crossed in my opinion.

So would you prefer censorship of anything that some members do not agree with?

By leaving the postings where they are everyone can see what kind of mentality the poster had at the time of posting and judge that member accordingly.

For the record I think they are very sad wishing harm on a fellow human being, but we have freedom of speech in this country and thankfully on this forum too. That freedom gives you the right to bring to everyones attention the stupidity of that particular post. A post that most people probably read, thought stupid pr*t and instantly forgot.

Comming off the 2nd bend, Hans looks over his shoulder, sees PK and shuts off.

In the interview with Sophie he says (with huge smile) "I didn't see Peter" and they then show the replay with Hans looking back and shutting off.

He also let Nicholls past too. What the hell is all the fuss about :mad:

I don't either really. What if PK had passed Hans cleanly leaving Scott in 3rd, I think PK had the run on Hans anyway. Scott wasn't going to win the moment the tapes went up and he was 3rd, sad I know but there you go get over it. Scott got past easily also, not as if Hans blocked him or ran him to the fence (as Hans would do if racing normally, ahem)

I'm not defending Andersen for shutting off but cannot believe the reaction on here just because we lost. Yes he is a silly boy but you can look at numerous events throughout the night that led to our Silver medal position.

These events mean little to me anyway. The GP's and SWC are nice to watch but I don't find themn anywhere near as appealing as watching Ipswich Witches. I just can't get passionate about international speedway which is weird coz I am one of the most patriotic people I know but I don't get the same buzz from watching Team GB as I do watching England play football or supporting the Brits in the forthcoming olympics. Perhaps that is why I can't see what the fuss is about but in Speedway I support Ipswich first and foremost.

Pete

Edited by Pete

With the meeting in fresh memory Midnight Lady, what was the reason for stopping the race where Bjarne P. was leading as joker for us Danes.

I didn't get it and niether did the Danish commentators ( surprise eh ).

Peter S.

QUOTE (Peter S. @ Aug 9 2004, 01:56 PM)

What is a breeze block ?

Peter 

its a concrete block with holes in!

How sick !

Thought the lads rode there hearts out but congratulations to Sweden who in the end had a little too much for Team GB ...... As for venting anger perhaps that should be done to the fool with the camera !?????

I think some of Scotty's accusations of corruption in today's newspapers would be very difficult to prove!

The SUN report is at the bottom of this page:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/intspeedway/wtc04.htm

He also let Nicholls past too. What the hell is all the fuss about

It could be about him trying to actually win the race himself. He is not there to make the numbers up or had to get out the way for anyone. He was not being lapped.

If he had gone for it there is chance under pressure PK might have made a mistake in trying to win and Scotty may have got past him.

He cheated, we lost. The Swedes should be relagated to second.

Edited by wimbledonwomble

For anyone who is not sure what this is all about, today's report from The Sun is at the bottom of this page:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/intspeedway/wtc04.htm

Yes, I'm glad someone else is prepared to bring some sanity to this forum. I am a Panthers fan and I also like Ryan Sullivan, but I feel that the vitriol on this forum to Andersen and Pedersen in recent months has been disgraceful and I think some people need to take a long look at themselves, especially the owner of this site who seems to refuse to remove some of the more offensive and boundary crossing postings. Does anyone know the email address of the owner of this web site because I for one wish to remonstrate to them for apparently endorsing certain postings by not removing them.

I enjoy the posting fights I have with Steve Shovlar on here as much as I am sure he likes to come on here deliberately to wind people up. One thing I will say about Steve to his credit is that I have never seen him trawl to the depths that some people have done this weekend.

My God you sound like my Mother, give it a rest please!!!!!