British Speedway Forum
Guest Naz_griff

Welsh speedway

Freddie Williams? One of only two British riders to win 2 World Championships! Prehaps had the war not been on Freddie may well have won more!

Freddie is arguably, Great Britains best ever rider. Not knowing who Freddie and Ken McKinlay are just proves how ignorant you are and how much notice we really should take of you!

Don`t want to upset anyone but it occurs to me that maybe the fact that he rode for Wembley and that was where the World Final was always held played a part there. If it was held anywhere else i wonder whether he would be a double champ.Good Luck to him he done what was needed but i wouldn`t think he ranks with Peter Collins for a start :unsure:

As the FIM only accepts one team representing the British ACU, this team must surely represent the whole of Great Britain.

Didn't realise this was the issue, maybe the FIM need to understand that Great Britain is made up of different nations, nations that have very strong patriotic views. I think it would be good for our sport if the Scots or Welsh can try and get one over the English or vise-versa, they get the opportunity in just about any other sport.

I think the more the subject is brought up, the more promotions may listen.

Alun Rossiter, surely the greatest rider ever to be eligible to ride for Wales. :D

He'll kill me for it but what about Glenn "Dai Bach" Cunningham whose mum is from Newport and although he won't admit he's Welsh he got a 12 pt max for Wales at Carmarthen in 2002 in the Inter Nation Fours .

Just to make it up to my old mate --don't forget his testimonial at Somerset on Friday September 25th!! ;)

Isnt that the same date as Frede Schott testimonial at Edinburgh????

And any idea who will be riding at Glenns meeting ?

Team Wales? doesn't have the same ring to Team England

But "Tim Cymru" has an even better sound you <insert your own word ;) >, we're Welsh there for our National team will have a Welsh name! :unsure::blink:

Isnt that the same date as Frede Schott testimonial at Edinburgh????

And any idea who will be riding at Glenns meeting ?

AFAIK, Crump, Adams and one other GP rider so far.

Does the world cup mean Team ENGLAND are 2nd best in the WORLD?

Take a look here as it seems Phil Morris has changed nationality ;)

Well he's been Australian in the past so why not change again ;)

Does the world cup mean Team ENGLAND are 2nd best in the WORLD?

give it a rest will ya :mad:

ur giving me a headache :unsure:

give it a rest will ya

ur giving me a headache

God , Jill... it's usually the other way around :wink:

Sorry chick , you know I love ya :P

I'd love to see Welsh SPeedway break away... they would elect Shawn as Top Dog... Lewy (pinny) to run all websites to do with speedway... Waspie to be start marshall everywhere :wink: and Robbo just to be a die hard fan that would go to every track with his beloved Welsh Flag.... now imagine those fine 4 gentleman everywhere in Wales :wink::P

Guest Namibian

If the Young America Team does come over early next year to race at some CL tracks, why not use the opportunity to resurrect the national team of Wales and let them race against the US boys at either Carmathen or Newport (or both).

Wouldn't it be better to have a match between two international sides rather than a challenge versus a third division club team?

Wales vs Young America/USA would be something different!

And the Scots could do the same -why not?