British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KEITH M

Stavros

Can anyone tell me what happened to the Middlesbrough fan called Stavros who used to venture up to Brough Park every week in the late seventies and early eighties and annoy the hell out of everyone but apart from that he was a sound bloke

Guest kingsmead

hi if you go on the middlesborough site he writes on there

Hello Keith I have emigrated to the sunnier climes of Cyprus with my wife sun sun sun. It was the 80s that i travelled upto Brough on a regular basis to support your opponents ha ha. As a Middlesbrough fan it was my duty to be a pain and nuisance and to annoy everyone but i did have many friends up there (well not whilst the racing was on actually)but I did enjoy myself there despite the racing being a little bad on the eyes it was compansated by the banter and Shirley who was such an easy boy to have banter with(and wind up) although I remember having to save him one year from a very upset Swindon fan. I guess it was my unassuming charm and whit that made me so popular up there ha ha anyway not planning on coming back anytime soon but if your still going in about three years time i might pop in and see you all. Although i'm led to believe there's not that many of you these days (couldnt resist ha ha) my last meeting was Kevin Littles big night out.

Great to hear from you, Stavros! I was one of the Wimbledon Pit Bend Loonies, and we used to love having you guys down there. Those were the days...

Steve