British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

Jason Crump 2004 World Champ

Nice to see you're so concerned about your rider there Steve!!!  :rolleyes: Besides you can only have a guest for your top averaged rider and it's damn close between Sullivan and Pedersen - has anyone got the official greensheets handy?!!!!!  :P

Well done to Jason - never my favourite rider but credit where it's due!!!!!  Thought it was a bit of an anti-climax way to win it - and his 'fall' was very 'crump'!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Actually Sullivan is third in the Poole averages, but our Grade A, so we can have anyone to guest for him. Crump, Adams, Jonsson etc.

Who cares how he did it! He was elading both times it was stopped(both times by Nicki Pedersen :mad: )

Well Done Crumpy!

Nice to see Nicki was the first guy to congratulate him too!

BTW, I think Ryan is 3rd in the Poole averages :blink:

Edited by SCB

Well done Jason. Very very proud mate. Psssst, this ones for you mate.

Nice to see you're so concerned about your rider there Steve!!!  :rolleyes: Besides you can only have a guest for your top averaged rider and it's damn close between Sullivan and Pedersen - has anyone got the official greensheets handy?!!!!!  :P

Well done to Jason - never my favourite rider but credit where it's due!!!!!  Thought it was a bit of an anti-climax way to win it - and his 'fall' was very 'crump'!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Actually Sullivan is third in the Poole averages, but our Grade A, so we can have anyone to guest for him. Crump, Adams, Jonsson etc.

Oh dear dear Steve - another rule you haven't learnt yet!!!!! You can only have a guest for your top AVERAGED rider at the time of the meeting!!!!!! What grade he was at the start is irrelevant!!!!!!! He may still be top of your averages as it was VERY close at the cut off point but if not .....................................oh dear dear dear!!!!!!!!!! :P

Oh dear dear Steve - another rule you haven't learnt yet!!!!! You can only have a guest for your top AVERAGED rider at the time of the meeting!!!!!! What grade he was at the start is irrelevant!!!!!!! He may still be top of your averages as it was VERY close at the cut off point but if not .....................................oh dear dear dear!!!!!!!!!! :P

You are wrong I am afraid. Riders keep their grading througghout the season, so he will be replaced by Crump if Matt so wishes I and if Crump wants the gig.However, Sullivan might still be fit to ride. Edited by Steve Shovlar

Excuse my ignorance, but could we not use Rickardsson seeing as he's still technically a Poole rider?

NO its against the rules I am afraid. He cannot be brought back after he left, once the Aug deadline passed.

Either it's Sullivan or a guest. We will probably hear later tonoight or tomorrow who bad the injury is. If his hand swells up and he can't get his glove on, then Matt should be on the phone to Adams IMO.

You are wrong I am afraid. Riders keep their grading througghout the season, so he will be replaced by Crump if Matt so wishes I and if Crump wants the gig.However, Sullivan might still be fit to ride.

Riders keep there grade but guest is for the top averaged rider but the guets is picked using grades.

Yes, it's <hmmmm> and it confuses people. But your numebr 1 is the guy top of the averages (like Norris is for Eastbourne) but it uses grades (thats why Eastbourne have had poor guetss for Floppy).

It's Sullivan or R/R. That said, I see no reason why they can;t bring in TRick, the transfer dead line is not relevant in this case as he was NOT in any one elses team after the deadline, so could sign for ANY team.

Edited by SCB

Steve - sorry but YOU are the one who's wrong! Explain to me then how Eastbourne had a guest for Norris when Nicki is their top rider?!!!!

Besdies which, I can't see Crump interupting his celebrations to ride on Monday, can you? He'll probably still be drunk as a skunk by then!!!!!!

As you say, it may be acedemic anyway as Sullivan may be fit to ride - but those fingers are going to hurt like hell in the morning!!!!!!!!! :blink:

You are wrong I am afraid. Riders keep their grading througghout the season, so he will be replaced by Crump if Matt so wishes I and if Crump wants the gig.However, Sullivan might still be fit to ride.

Riders keep there grade but guest is for the top averaged rider but the guets is picked using grades.

Yes, it's <hmmmm> and it confuses people. But your numebr 1 is the guy top of the averages (like Norris is for Eastbourne) but it uses grades (thats why Eastbourne have had poor guetss for Floppy).

Thats correct. Norris was clear number one in the averages, but they couldn't use a guest as he was not grade A. N Pedersen was. So there ended their season!

Steve - sorry but YOU are the one who's wrong!  Explain to me then how Eastbourne had a guest for Norris when Nicki is their top rider?!!!!

Besdies which, I can't see Crump interupting his celebrations to ride on Monday, can you?  He'll probably still be drunk as a skunk by then!!!!!!

As you say, it may be acedemic anyway as Sullivan may be fit to ride - but those fingers are going to hurt like hell in the morning!!!!!!!!!  :blink:

They couldnt have a guest of any conseqense as Pedersen was their number one. If they could have they would have used a decent guest at Ippo for the playoff, instead of darkin!

If Bjarne Pedersen had got injured, and he is top of the averages, we could have been stuffed. You can only use a guest for your number one, and that is the guy with the highest grade. i.e Sullivan. Crazy rule but that's the way it is.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Guest richtea78
Thats correct. Norris was clear number one in the averages, but they couldn't use a guest as he was not grade A. N Pedersen was. So there ended their season!

Shovlar your so wrong on this its funny :D We did use guests for Floppy but they had to be C grade riders and so they werent as good as Floppy. If Ryan isnt top of your averages then its r/r for Poole.

Try reading Shawn's post again Steve - Eastbourne USED guests for Norris - they were just lower graded ones due to Norris' grade at the start of the season!!!

Better get on the phone to your mate Matt - hopefully HE knows the rules even if you don't!!!!!!!