British Speedway Forum
Guest Tinkerbell

British Boys - Class of 2005

Big Loram fan - one of the few "Box-Office" riders in the sport. But I think the time has come for the GPs and Mark to go their seperate ways. He is still a class act and still GB's no1 IMO, but what has he got to gain?

He's won it already, but realistically he's not going to win it anymore. I think it would be better for the EL, GB's SWC team and Mark himself if he dropped SGP from an already packed schedule. B)

Isn't David Norris in with a shout, as he was top Brit in the Elite League averages?

Isn't David Norris in with a shout, as he was top Brit in the Elite League averages?

I would love to see David Norris in the gp's but the likley hood of us getting 3 places out of 5 is very slim. It would be a dream to see Lee, Scott & David in the GP'S as i feel all are capable of winning a gp? I feel Mark Loram would be better suited to the new format of gp but im not sure he'll get the chance, and i for 1 will really miss him, but i know he's still so consistent and great in domestic & swc level. I also like the form of simon stead and im sure he'll be one to look out for in the future, but at present Scott Nicholls still stands as number 1 brit in my eyes!!!

:lol:

kaz xx

I would love to see David Norris in the gp's but the likley hood of us getting 3 places out of 5 is very slim. It would be a dream to see Lee, Scott & David in the GP'S as i feel all are capable of winning a gp? I feel Mark Loram would be better suited to the new format of gp but im not sure he'll get the chance, and i for 1 will really miss him, but i know he's still so consistent and great in domestic & swc level. I also like the form of simon stead and im sure he'll be one to look out for in the future, but at present Scott Nicholls still stands as number 1 brit in my eyes!!!

kaz xx

Rightly said kaz. People seem to forget that scotty had an horrendous injury at the start of the season and a lot of people i have spoken to have jumped on the "scott not the top brit" bandwagon.

for me scott nicholls is still the number one brit. you must take into account his horrific accident earlier in the season when assessing this year's GP performance. david norris did very well this season in the EL, finishing as the highest averaged brit, and also did very well as a wildcard in the GP - but surely he's not as good as a fully fit nicholls?

Loram is past it, end of story

In the GP's he may have had enough but certainly not in EL or SWC. No Way is he past it :mad:

kaz xx

Rightly said kaz. People seem to forget that scotty had an horrendous injury at the start of the season and a lot of people i have spoken to have jumped on the "scott not the top brit" bandwagon.

Thanx for backing me up strongbad!!!! People do seem to have forgotten about the injury (it was potentially life threatning) he did well to come back from it! It took him a while to get back in the swing (and rightly so) but he's back to his old form now. I remeber being at the british gp n sayin 2 my pops thats more like the scott nicholls riding im used to!!! This injury hampered his gp's an awful lot and didnt give a true picture of his capabilities but now he's back to complete & full fitness im sure he'll get a wild card and show his full capabilities, and good luck to him!! As for the bandwagon yeah quite a few people have jumped on it & thats there opinion but as for me im a die hard fan and if i pick Scott Nicholls as my fav rider i'll support him all the way through the hard times and the good (im like that with all my racing sports you pick 1 you like then stick with them!!). So in my opinion for all the doubters scott nicholls is top brit (from his results) and he will only prove that again next season!!!!!!!!!!

kaz xxx :lol: