British Speedway Forum
Guest Tinkerbell

British Boys - Class of 2005

Guest Tinkerbell

So with the new GP format underway, which British boys does everyone think should or will be in the Class of 2005?

Scott Nicholls - deserves his chance. He was unlucky in the beginning of 2004. My heart tells me he would've had made the top eight automatic qualification places if he first two or three GPs had gone according to plan.

Lee Richardson - is more than capable of racing at this level. His third place at Cardiff speaks for itself and was a big bonus for us British fans.

Mark Loram - this guy is a legend. Surely his 2000 triumph will stand him in good stead? I know for a fact I'm not the only one who wants to see Mark return to the fold next year.

:D Tinkers :D

Edited by Tinkerbell

Everyone wants Mark to be in the GP but does Mark want to? Yes his win in 2000 should count for something but he's not really done a lot in the GP's since, don't get me wrong I love to watch and cheer on Mark, he is the best and always will be in my eyes even if he came last I'd still rate him :lol:

He's beat the best in the EL but the GP series was something else like he said there was something missing maybe for next year it should be Mark. I'm expecting a bit of flack for this comment as there are a lot of Mark fans out there but let's face it his heart just wasn't in it this year was it? :cry:

Marks problem is not down to him but his setup and team dont cut the mustard at this level. I think if he gets a better set up ie team and machinary he could very well get back to the top at gp level.

When you say "Team" who or what are you referring to? :unsure:

There was enough GP's to sort out a set up, everyone else seemed to manage ok what was missing for Mark?

Edited by shazzybird

If any of you bothered to read his article in the Speedway Star this week, you would understand his form in the GP's

We all know that Mark is a racer and loves to go round the boards! This is not possible in the first few races of the GP's on Olsen's famous slick tracks, however with the new format next year Mark would thrive, a darn sight more than Lee Richardson will!

I know Lee is an up and coming Brit (but then he has had that title for years now and not done much with it!)

There is nothing wrong with the team set-up that Mark has, just because he doesn't have a flash transporter, boards all around his pit and far too many mechanics! In the end it is down to the rider to race and not how many hangers on they have with them!

My heart said yes include Mark for 2005 but my brain is telling me that we will be lucky to get three slots with the reduced field and they will be Scott & Lee oh how I will miss Mark's all action style.

Steve

Were not talking about trucks and pit boards. Riders all come a to hault at some point. When this happens you need to change things, if it means bringing in a new face or changing tuner it must be done to keep up with everyonelse. I am not saying marks people are no good but it is plain to see it is not working, the same as his equipment has looked slow all year in the gp. Get a new tuner or try a gm engine it might just bring the spark back and put some confidance into him and the team.

What utter twaddle!

If this was the case then Mark would be just as bad in EL racing and his other commitments abroad!

This is not the case at all, he has proved all year that on a decent track he can beat anyone!

If were lucky BSI will only pick two Brits for 2005, it will have to go on last years results and the two places will go to Scott & Lee...........Mark is unlucky that I feel the new system would have suited him more, more permanent tracks, five rides to get used to the track, the outside is always better later on in a meeting........

It can't be his set up......Marks performance in the WTC was formidable. He beat several highly placed GP riders. I can only assume that maybe his heart might not be in it he has after all achieved that "Best Rider in the World" accolade. He hasn't won a WTC gold medal so psychologically his performance improves.

Edited by Deano

You may have your own veiws on this but i think there wrong. Lets just look who has tried differant tuners in the g.p.

1. tony r. moved forward.

2. lee .r moved forward.

3. ryan s. moved forward.

4. hans a. moved forward.

5. nicki. p. moved forward. slightly.

6. jason crump. moved forward.

The list goes on and on.

When 95% of the riders use differant equipment at the g.p turning up with

whats o.k in england is not good enough. This is in no way a dig as some people

see but fact. ( SLOW BIKES MEAN BAD RESULTS )

Mark knows the normal race tracks he has been riding on for years and does

very well but as i have said before its not good enough elsewhere.

Can't see Mark Loram being included next year,which is a pity to some extent as he was probably worth more than the points he got.But in the GP's he has been overtaken by the youngsters now.Give the ones with a hunger to reach the top a chance.

All's not lost as far as Mark's concerned.....If he WANTS to try again he could always try the qualifiers where the tracks and the format might suit him.

I thought they were doing away with qualifiers?