British Speedway Forum
Hot Shoe

Speedways Motocrossers

This thread starts off stating they read a post about Tom Leadbitter

Can someone post a link to the thread as Tom was a family friend of ours and he used to take me out on the bikes along with former riders Roger Harvey and Rob Hooper who still live very close to me now.

I posted the original post Re: Speedway's Motocrossers and although a lot of names have been mentioned there were only a few who were really good at both.

I'd certainly put Tom in that list along with John Louis, Arthur Browning and Malcolm Ballard.

Just put in Tom's name in the "search" facility on this forum and you'll come up with more than a few references to Tom.

I rode at the same time (although a lot slower!) as Hooper and Harvey (both excellent riders) and saw then ride on numerous occasions and to me they were the golden years of motocross but that's probably due to my age!!!

I posted the original post Re: Speedway's Motocrossers and although a lot of names have been mentioned there were only a few who were really good at both.

I'd certainly put Tom in that list along with John Louis, Arthur Browning and Malcolm Ballard.

Just put in Tom's name in the "search" facility on this forum and you'll come up with more than a few references to Tom.

I rode at the same time (although a lot slower!) as Hooper and Harvey (both excellent riders) and saw then ride on numerous occasions and to me they were the golden years of motocross but that's probably due to my age!!!

Not too sure of the division between Modern MotoX and Scrambling. Ivan Mauger rode in meetings during the 60's, Paul Fry, Richard Green, Paul Pickering, Richard Hall in latter years. :)

:blink::blink:

There's a big motocross meeting this Sunday at Canada Hills, near Swanley, Kent, It all starts to build up mid-morning for the afternoon action.

Seen a photo in my local The Newshopper (in an advert) and it looks REALLY spectacular stuff.