British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dex01

QLD title in Gatton

Semi finals:

1. Davey Watt, Troy Batchelor, Scott Smith, Jon White.

2. John Jorgensen, Christian Henry, Dave Booth, Roy Stout

Final: Watt, Jorgensen, Batchelor, Henry

Suprised? I'm not. Who could beat him? Slowly retiring Jorgensen? Or 17

years old Batchelor? The only surprising thing is lack of Little Scottie

Smith in the final heat.

By the way - could anyone write more details about Troy Batchelor?

He seems to have a lot of talent. According to Ross Garrigan report

he made great performance in final heat passing Henry on the third lap.

Edited by dex01

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Dex, I would have liked to have seen young Batchelor ride in the Oz Under 21's last January but he was a last minute withdrawl. An unconfirmed report I heard was that he was advised not to ride by "connections" in England. It was a shame as I hear the young lad has quite a deal of ability and could end up being the real deal.

Congratulations to Dave Watt but the fact is he was third going into the last bend in his semi final. Scott Smith had it won but suffered a mechanical failure right at the death, I guess Scott know's how Kelvin Tatum feels now..

As for Batchelor, he's very fast and looks a super prospect.

Going into the final of this meeting I thought it would be between Jorgensen and Watt, they looked the two fastest in qualifying heats with Batchelor my outsider.

Congratulations to Dave Watt this meeting seemed to mean an awful lot to him and his Father.

Incidentally the Gatton track is a huge fast raceway, around the 500 metre mark. It has very long straights so its probably as close to a long track as it is to a speedway. This was an all bike event with various forms of solo and sidecar races, including some very old vintage machines in the claassic solo class.

How did Scott Smith look Did he look like the rider who struggled to average 3.5 for Newcastle or did he look like a rider who could be a PL heatleader?

I won't ask if he was exciting as thats obvious, 0 or 21 points, Scott Smith as exciting as they get!

So did Scott kick the bike, thorw the helmet or the goggle or did he just shout at someone? Or was it a bit of everything?

Edited by SCB

Dex, I would have liked to have seen young Batchelor ride in the

Oz Under 21's last January but he was a last minute withdrawl. An

unconfirmed report I heard was that he was advised not to ride by

"connections" in England. It was a shame as I hear the young lad

has quite a deal of ability and could end up being the real deal.

Is there any chance this young prospect will apear in Oz title meetings?

I would love to see him as well as Cameron Woodward who missed

last season meetings because of some bad injury.

I remember reports about Batchelor when he rode in U-16 meetings.

Everyone seemed to be impressed.

I also heared something about two Czech riders in Gatton. According

to Ross Garrigan report those were Tomas Suchanek and Vaclav Verner.

Any comments on them?

How did Scott Smith look  Did he look like the rider who struggled to average 3.5 for Newcastle or did he look like a rider who could be a PL heatleader?

I won't ask if he was exciting as thats obvious, 0 or 21 points, Scott Smith as exciting as they get!

So did Scott kick the bike, thorw the helmet or the goggle or did he just shout at someone?  Or was it a bit of everything?

Scott looked pretty good, although he looks like he's gained a few pounds. I didn't see him in the pits after the race but whilst still on track he seemed to be taking a good look to see what went wrong with his machinery rather than doing the big "Dummy Spit" I really expected quite a scene considering what he'd lost and his short fuse..Maybe it all happened out of site?

He made the gate in his semi and he wasn't going to get caught....I really felt sorry for him.

Any comments on them?

Not quite Dexter. Vaclav and Jan Verner were with the two Czech's. I'll check my programme however one of them was very impressive, and reports suggest the other one (16 year old) was very nervous and not coping well with his temporary surrounds. Can't remember which was which though.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Dex I hope Cam Woodward does ride in the Oz titles this year (providing he can afford it !!). He didn't ride last year because he was not long recovered from injury and he also had one eye on his average for the PL for season 2004 and didn't want to risk spoiling that.

Cam was actually at the Mildura round of the Oz titles in early 2004 acting as starter / flag marshall for the Under 16's !! I'd be interested in seeing him ride to see how much improvement a year in England has given him.

If Cameron does ride I guess it will be on borrowed machinery as he left his bikes over here. Hopefully that won't be a problem and you can see the improvement in him.

I've never had an occasion to see him in action so I'll keep

my fingers crossed for him to appear at Oz title meetings.

Looks like you will get your wish Dex01.

Cameron sent the Sports Section of the Sunraysia Daily - Mildura's local newspaper - dated 8 November to his friend and landlord over here.....Merlin :)

Cameron was quoted in the Sunraysia paper as saying ""I'll be working as a plumber and going to trade school for a while but I'll race in the Aussie Titles which are in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia in January."

The full story can be found here here.

Guest zoo

Could BrizHeathen or someone else who is QLD at the moment please email me, my name is Jonathan Chapman and I am the team manager at King's Lynn SPeedway in th UK, my email is info@norfolkarena.co.uk, look forward to hearing from you

Guest Animal

Any comments on them?

Not quite Dexter. Vaclav and Jan Verner were with the two Czech's. I'll check my programme however one of them was very impressive, and reports suggest the other one (16 year old) was very nervous and not coping well with his temporary surrounds. Can't remember which was which though.

The 2 Czech riders were Filip Sitera and Thomas Sucanek, Filip was in the draw, Thomas rode as a reserve. Sitera rode 4 heats for 3 points, Sucanek rode 2 heats for a win and a second. Had he been in the drawn he would have most likely made the semi's and possibly the final.

well done mr eletrical watt