British Speedway Forum
RAWLINGB

assen ice speedway info

can you run those dates by me again, please - and perhaps they won't clash with uni.

Whatever - will see you both next year  :approve:  xxx

11th-13th March 05

For anyone who has not booked up yet, I have travelled to the Assen weekend for the last 12 years, and it's a great weekend.

But if you feel a little more adventureous, the Berlin weekend is the following week.

With easyjet now flying to Berlin from 2 -3 airports it has bought the costs comparable to that of Assen. (If you are flying, that is).

The airport is some 18 miles from the centre of Berlin and the Stadium approx 2 miles. The public transport is excellent, with buses, trams, trains and underground all within easy reach of the airport, hotels and stadium. Day or weekend tickets can be purchased at very reasonable rates, and they can be used on all of the above services.

Hotels are plentifull and usually dotted around the city centre.

Stadium tickets, hotels and flights can all be ordered/booked from the web.

Being the last GP the racing can be hectic and i have always felt that outdoor racing, especially under lights, is a better spectacle than an enclosed stadium, although you are at the mercy of the weather.

Conkers.

We won't see you this year as myself and Wolfslayer will be in Berlin, hope you have a good weekend.

Was rumoured that we were going to get some Ice Speedway here in Hamburg.Were trials done last winter.Just seen that the Freezers Ice Hockey Team(crowds av 12,000) are looking at the possibility of playing one match in the AOL Arena.Apparently Edmonton played a match vs Montreal in an outdoor stadium and got a crowd of 56,000.Maybe in conjunction with an Ice speedway meeting the costs could be shared :unsure:

icanicant  Posted Today, 02:07 PM

Conkers.

We won't see you this year as myself and Wolfslayer will be in Berlin, hope you have a good weekend.

Ah but you will!!!!

Not only am I going to Assen for the whole weekend (flying easyJet from Scouseland),

but I have got a deal on Air Berlin from Manchester into Tegal! So I will be doing the last four rounds of the Ice. I am staying at the Winters Hotel almost across the road from Wilmersdorf, having booked with Expedia.

As usual I am travelling alone so if you want to meet for a pint........

BTW the Assen website should be up and running in the next month or so, from this link but at the moment it's under construction.

Edited by Conkers

Fair play to you Conkers, we will arrange to meet a little nearer the day.

We have a hotel about a mile away, just of the Ku'dam, next to the Warsteiner Inn.

Just a reminder that a coach is being trip to Assen is being organised by the supporters club at Coventry..

if you require details and costings please get in touch.....

thankyou

The Assen website now allows Ticket bookings and it appears that you can book on line - On this link Go to "Tickets" and use the Bestellen/Order sub menu.

Here are the ticket prices too:

Friday Stands (all places)

€ 10

Friday Standing place

€ 5

Friday Standing place children under 12 years

€2

Saturday/Sunday Stand A

€25

Saturday/Sunday Stand B

€25

Saturday/Sunday Standing place

€18

Saturday/Sunday Standing place children under 12 years

€5

If you are going, remember the Friday Night racing is just as spectacular as the World Championship, and you get to see riders who are coming up through the ranks.

Last year the young Russians who rode were just amazing - just ask Wolfslayer and his mates if you don't believe me!

Edited by Conkers