British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim Blanchard

Norwich Speedway Tribute web site.

Guest Jim Blanchard

All,

I am currently working on a tribute web site for Norwich Speedway. I will be using written material from the speedway author Norman Jacobs, and photographic material supplied by Norwich historian Mike Kemp.

Alas, I never visited the Firs. So I do feel a bit of a little bit of an outsider. (especially coming from down Sarf) So, if anyone would like to contribute with memories and or photographs please email/post them and it will be included. Ove Fundin has agreed to contribute as well as hopefully, most of the riders still with us.

This will be linked to all my rider tribute sites from the era and once the book is available from the prolific Mr. Jacobs, I shall work on another for Wembley. First though Norwich. Recently aquired photos' from the 1959 test at the Firs of England v. Australasia. Any recollections anyone? Theme song?

Always, yours in speedway.

Regards

Jim Blanchard

Edited by Jim Blanchard

All,

I am currently working on a tribute web site for Norwich Speedway. I will be using written material from the speedway author Norman Jacobs, and photographic material supplied by Norwich historian Mike Kemp.

Alas, I never visited the Firs. So I do feel a bit of a little bit of an outsider. (especially coming from down Sarf) So, if anyone would like to contribute with memories and or photographs please email/post them and it will be included. Ove Fundin has agreed to contribute as well as hopefully, most of the riders still with us.

This will be linked to all my rider tribute sites from the era and once the book is available from the prolific Mr. Jacobs, I shall work on another for Wembley. First though Norwich. Recently aquired photos' from the 1959 test at the Firs of England v. Australasia. Any recollections anyone? Theme song?

Always, yours in speedway.

Regards

Jim Blanchard

once I have transferred the old film it is very good onto pc, i can take some stills from it and I will then be able to send them upto you, maybe a few weeks yet though.

Guest Jim Blanchard

Hi Ken

Thanks for that. I had forgotten to send you the cine film of the Olympic and the other item we discussed. You'll get them in the next few days...:oops:

Regards,

Jim

Hi Ken

Thanks for that. I had forgotten to send you the cine film of the Olympic and the other item we discussed. You'll get them in the next few days...:oops:

Regards,

Jim

no problem. thanks :)

Hey Jim, I'd suggest an item in the Norwich Evening News and Eastern Daily Press would bring you lots of input.

www.eveningnews24.co.uk or www.edp24.co.uk

AVAILABLE NOW, DAYS GONE BY VOL.8 Including a full 30 mins from the Firs NORWICH from the 40's - 60's, lots of footage never seen before, Fundin v Craven in full speed and much more. Alos on this production Eastbourne v Boston and Wimbledon v Belle Vue from 1972 and Eastbourne v Workington from 1973, 74 and Workington v Eastbourne 1976 & 78. making a near on 60 min final production. Call 01323 469105 for details or see the latest edition of Backtrack and Speedway Star. :)

Guest SwineTown

Is this your site or an earlier one: www.clactonhistory.com/history_of_norwich_speedway.htm

?

ST

www.clactonhistory.com/history_of_norwich_speedway.htm is an old site of mine that never really got going!

Jim is creating a new site.

Guest Jim Blanchard

I have it all laid out with most of your original copy Norman, and have received a nice selection of photo's from Mike Kemp.

I have just got to graft the two together now. Should not be to long now...

Link here to an interview with Ove Fundin.Course can't understand it but a few photo's from Norwich days

Guest SwineTown
I have it all laid out with most of your original copy Norman, and have received a nice selection of photo's from Mike Kemp.

I have just got to graft the two together now. Should not be to long now...

Has the URL been announced yet or will you post it here when finished? (dont forget to let us know!)

Guest Jim Blanchard

Still working on it as I am having a problem with one photo at present. Cant find the Old Comerades song yet... Any ideas?

Would you like some contact details Norman for book sales?

http://freespace.virgin.net/norwich.speedway/index.htm

Edited by Jim Blanchard