British Speedway Forum
Paul

Hackney Speedway

Chris, have you any idea how far short of the required money the pledges are?

No Kevin, but I will find out and post it here.

Apparently the museum idea has not yet been dropped mainly due to the efforts of George Barclay to keep it alive. The amount required is £53K and £24 K has been pledged by members of the VDTRA. Further details when known.

I am pleased to make one of the announcements most Hackney fans will be waiting for. Zenon Plech has agreed to attend the Hackney Reunion. More details soon.

And as if this was not enough, I have just put the phone down of Finn Thomsen who has agreed to attend also.!!

He also suggested having a ride at Rye during the following nights second half.

I don't think he was joking either!

This weekend just seems to get better and better, as I told Paul last night get my childhood hero Dave Morton to attend and it will make it perfect. :approve:

And as if this was not enough, I have just put the phone down of Finn Thomsen who has agreed to attend also.!!

He also suggested having a ride at Rye during the following nights second half.

I don't think he was joking either!

Put him in a match race against Archie Windmill. :)

Trouble is Norbold, knowing Archie, he probably would, mind you think his Mrs might have something to say about that!

Chris Fenn

Re your posting of the 8th March.

At the reunion of Newcastle and Sunderland riders at Newcastle last night, George Barclay spoke on the subject of fund raising for the museum. I believe Newcastle will be involved in some fund raising especially for our visit this year. :)

:blink::blink:

Former Hackney Kestrels captain Andy Galvin became the latest name to put his support behind the “Hackney Re-Union Friday at 8” bash at Paradise Park, Broxbourne on July 22nd. Andy probably was at his peak when he lead the Hackney side in the late eighties. Like us all, he has very fond memories of his years at the Wick, and especially riding for the Kestrels at Long Eaton!

Just had to apologise for the 'deliberate mistake' in our latest issue, in the small piece about the reunion. The date should, of course, read JULY 22, NOT June (must have had brain meltdown at that point!)

Se you all then...on JULY 22. That's JULY, OK?

(must have had brain meltdown at that point!)

Se you all then...on JULY 22. That's JULY, OK?

Well you DO support WHUFC so we can forgive "brain meltdown" can't we?

:approve::P:rolleyes::D

Edited by Bryn

This weekend just seems to get better and better, as I told Paul last night get my childhood hero Dave Morton to attend and it will make it perfect. :approve:

On the Hackney message board [www.hackneyhawks.co.uk] there is a message that may interest you Tom Thumb!

For those who want a quick answer, the Hackney website says Dave Morton will be at the Hackney re-union later this year, yippieeeeeee. Sorry rather a sad man whose excitement gets the better of him at the thought of meeting up with guys I still idolise!

:) it certainly does interest me Paul. Thanks very much, this is going to be some weekend.

If anybody know's the whereabouts of:

Des Lukehurst, Ian Clark, Dennis Day, Hugh Saunders, Brian Leonard.

Please let us know as they have elluded us so far.

Thanks

All the latest news on the re-union and ticket details can be found at www.hackneyreunion.com. It's not an all flashing all dancing site, but as it's being built up it will probably jog a few memories