1. Simon Wigg(8.86)

2. Lance King(8.74)

3. Erik Gundersen(10.18)

4. Alan Grahame(8.69)

5. Phil Collins(7.98)

6. Peter Ravn(7.97)

7. Jan O Pedersen(6.78)

League and Cup winners, Midland Cup winners

Without doubt the best team I've ever seen too, and probably ever will. Phil Crump scored a maximum against them though!

No doubt... CRADLEY 1983

1. Simon Wigg(8.86)

2. Lance King(8.74)

3. Erik Gundersen(10.18)

4. Alan Grahame(8.69)

5. Phil Collins(7.98)

6. Peter Ravn(7.97)

7. Jan O Pedersen(6.78)

League and Cup winners, Midland Cup winners

Without doubt the best team I've ever seen too, and probably ever will. Phil Crump scored a maximum against them though!

Very true, trouble was the rest got 13 between them if i remember rightly!!

how about Newcastle this season? :P

Ooooooh it's close!!!! :lol::D:lol::P

I thought it was 14 but you may be right. Whichever it was, hardly any other member of the Swindon team beat a Cradley rider all night. Now if there was a topic on the best one man team ever......

I thought it was 14 but you may be right. Whichever it was, hardly any other member of the Swindon team beat a Cradley rider all night. Now if there was a topic on the best one man team ever......

You're spot on it was 14.

Crump 15

Andersson 6

Busk 5

Holloway 2

Bishop 1

Yeates 0

Sorensen 0

nice to see a couple of those riders there who have just recently broke through the youth system.

Guest SteveC

The GREATEST team ever.........

Hackney HL1 Kestrels circa 1988

National League and Cup double winners

1. Andy Galvin

2. Chris Louis

3. Mark Loram

4. Paul Whittaker

5. Alan Mogridge

6. Gary Rolls

7. Barry Thomas

As immortalised in the 7 men for one season book by Mike Western (I think ;-) )

6. Gary Rolls

wonder how that name came about - he must've been an ancient times Peter Carr!

The GREATEST team ever.........

Hackney HL1 Kestrels circa 1988

National League and Cup double winners

1. Andy Galvin

2. Chris Louis

3. Mark Loram

4. Paul Whittaker

5. Alan Mogridge

6. Gary Rolls

7. Barry Thomas

As immortalised in the 7 men for one season book by Mike Warren (I think ;-) )

Prime candidates for the best ever Div2 side definately, but Cradley '83 will take some beating for BEST EVER

Although I dont know the full team or even the year but I think that the Lions must have had a very good team when they were awarded the match at Belle Vue after the crowd cut up rough. I think the lions were leading when the ref stopped the match. I know it went down in the folk lore at Blackbird Road, one of the few teams to beat the Aces at Hyde Road for quite some time. "Soldier Boy" crowed about it for years until Leicester folded. I think he then started to worship at the shrine of Peter Collins(Not without cause I hasten to add). I think the Lions included Ray W, Johnny B, Graham Plant, Norman Storer? and then my old grey matter fails me. I would love to hear what actually happened at Hyde Road. If you can tell me which team you supported I will add the right amount of seasoning. :lol:

Don't know about this but if it was the season Leicester had the same seven riders it was 1969.

You mention Ray Wilson, Johnny Boulger, Graham Plant and Norman Storer so it must have been somewhere around then. The other riders were John Hart, Malc. Brown and Dewaye Keeter.

I'm sure someone else with a better memory will come up with the answer.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :D

Call me biased :D but Reading's 1990 BL and KO Cup winning team has got to be up there with the best:-

1. Per Jonsson - World Champ in 1990 but only 3rd in Racers averages in '90 :? One of, if not the best rider ever to don the whinged wheel.

2. Jan Andersson - Reading legend, instrumental in Per's success

3. Todd Wiltshire - signed in March as Racers #7, rode his was to the top of the Racers averages by May! Finished the season with 9+ ave. World #3 in '90

4. Armando Castagna - another Reading legend, brought in mid way through season to replace injured Tony Olsson. Partnered is old mate Donkey which became one of the best riding partnerships Reading has ever seen.

5. Jem Doncaster - Team Captain, Commonwealth Champion 1990 (I think!), had an understanding on track with Gino which was unbelievable to watch.

6. Dave Mullet - another Racers legend in the making (at the time)

7. Dave Steen - doubled up as stadium electrician, and allegedly, part time stripper too! :P

Team Manager - Tim Sugar

A team with out and out stars, but no prima donna's :approve: The team spirit in 1990 was unbelievable, and has never been matched by a Reading team since.

Gemini

The year i think you are referring to is 1971, when Leicester won at Hyde road by 37-35. Don't know any more details, but the Lions team for most of that season was Wilson, Boulger, Plant, Cowland, Storer, Brown and Leadbitter. They finished 2nd 4 points behind Belle Vue.

Regards

Yes that sounds about right. I think it ran on the 13 heat formula, and heat 13 was not run. Thanks for that salty. I note that you support CH. You had one of my favourites after Leicester folded. Johnny B but I think his best days were at Blackbird Road. Am I right in thinking that he made a max on his first outing for Long Eaton?

Gemini

The year i think you are referring to is 1971, when Leicester won at Hyde road by 37-35. Don't know any more details, but the Lions team for most of that season was Wilson, Boulger, Plant, Cowland, Storer, Brown and Leadbitter. They finished 2nd 4 points behind Belle Vue.

Regards