British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lucious artorius castas

Australian 500cc Solo Titles Rd 3 Updates

interesting to read what has happened to Adam Allott especially as he posted on the 'Unofficial' KL forum http://starsrus.proboards3.com/index.cgi on the 3rd January!!

here is what he had to say ...

"hey lynn fans its adam. merry xmas n happy new year to you all. the crash at gosford wasnt fun after heat1 the track was regraded due to to much grip the boys couldnt turn! i was out in heat2. the grader had left a mound of dirt the size of a football on turn1 i was 2nd going into the turn behined L.A as i turned into the bend my back wheel hit the dirt n just stoped me dead i went over the bars the bike went up in the air n landed on my back. so i went to hospitle they did xrays on my back nothing broke so it turned out to be brusing to kidny an muscels. i couldnt do the next round at newcastl (i was gutted. the track woz awsom.) but shud be fit for adalaid on wednesday. thank you all for your consern! see you all in march. best wishes. adam."

Jason Lyons rode through the pain barrier with a broken rib and slipped disc in his back today.

interesting to read what has happened to Adam Allott especially as he posted on the 'Unofficial' KL forum http://starsrus.proboards3.com/index.cgi on the 3rd January!!

here is what he had to say ...

"hey lynn fans its adam. merry xmas n happy new year to you all. the crash at gosford wasnt fun after heat1 the track was regraded due to to much grip the boys couldnt turn! i was out in heat2. the grader had left a mound of dirt the size of a football on turn1 i was 2nd going into the turn behined L.A as i turned into the bend my back wheel hit the dirt n just stoped me dead i went over the bars the bike went up in the air n landed on my back. so i went to hospitle they did xrays on my back nothing broke so it turned out to be brusing to kidny an muscels. i couldnt do the next round at newcastl (i was gutted. the track woz awsom.) but shud be fit for adalaid on wednesday. thank you all for your consern! see you all in march. best wishes. adam."

Unfortunately Adam has indeed had his spleen removed following the crash.....link below taken from KL Unofficial Forum with more details

http://starsrus.proboards3.com/index.cgi?a...317391&start=15

Guest SwineTown

Anyone have the overall standings after round 3?

Edited by SwineTown

Taken from www.przegladzuzlowy.pl :

1. Adams 60

2. Lyons 51

3. Watson 48

4. Gjedde 46

5. Johnston 46

6. Lemon 42

7. McGowan 40

8. Shields 38

9. Doolan 33

10. Schlein 33

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Yes you are quite right. The reason Chris is in the line up is what you might call 'policitcal' within speedway. A few things happened here in England and lets just say he never even entered for the Aussie titles whereas Joel and Karlis did. But his promoter in Oz, whom he bragged how good he was in the UK CL amongst other things about certain goings on in the UK felt sorry for him. His promoter Brendon Gledhill, from Mildura is a board member for the Motorcycling Australia -do I need to say more. Gledhill has a good heart and has done his upmost for the sport and would take someone as genuine. Chris' results have more than shown that he shouldnt have been there and Gledhill will feel a little red faced now.He hasnt even managed to match Cam, Matthew, Ashley etc

Even Robert Kieszak who won all the support races didnt get a look in for the Gillman round when Ford and Tom did.

I agree with you AXRT, Chris is a nice enough bloke but at this stage of his career he is simply not up to it. I've been to all three rounds so far and I can't recall him finishing in front of another rider and the only points he has scored have been through falls or retirements.

However, you may recall that Chris was originally only a series reserve and John Jorgenson pulled out very late on and it may have been a case of finding someone at very short notice who was prepared to do all four rounds. Chris / Brendon may not entirely be to blame, circumstances may have dictated what action was taken.

I heard that Joel Parsons did not enter for the series. The referee for the first two rounds (Gavin Willson) posted on the Oz Yahoo board to that affect and he too said Joel would have been a better option than Chris if he had entered.

I also agree with you on Robert Kieszak, apart from one fall he looked terrific in the support races although the times for those races were in the 60 second bracket where the in main event they were doing 57's and 58's so I'm not sure how he would have gone if he was in the series proper. He was certainly the best option available for the meeting reserve though.

As a final point. didn't the support races look scary with 6 riders heading into turn one !!

Adam Allott had his spleen removed after crash at newcastle other day right?

He's sitting in a chair with a few cans of cider, must be feeling ok then?

Sorry to hear that. Also i find a glaring omission from the card for this round is that of Joel Parsons. Considering his recent good form around S.A. including beating Chris Ferguson in some meeting he must felt hard done by. :blink:

Yes you are quite right. The reason Chris is in the line up is what you might call 'policitcal' within speedway. A few things happened here in England and lets just say he never even entered for the Aussie titles whereas Joel and Karlis did. But his promoter in Oz, whom he bragged how good he was in the UK CL amongst other things about certain goings on in the UK felt sorry for him. His promoter Brendon Gledhill, from Mildura is a board member for the Motorcycling Australia -do I need to say more. Gledhill has a good heart and has done his upmost for the sport and would take someone as genuine. Chris' results have more than shown that he shouldnt have been there and Gledhill will feel a little red faced now.He hasnt even managed to match Cam, Matthew, Ashley etc

Even Robert Kieszak who won all the support races didnt get a look in for the Gillman round when Ford and Tom did.

You come to realise in speedway that sometimes it's who you know not what you know. Always a shame for the sport and the supporters because then they dont get to see the best of the racers.

Joel Parsons and Robert Kseziak were both offered rides in the Australian titles but neither accepted the offer.

I think it was a very wise decision for Robert as the rules concerning riders averages on entering the leagues is very grey at present and he would not have wanted to jeopardise his recent signing to ride in the UK. Also I don’t think he has turned 18 yet so has a lot of racing years ahead of him. He doesn’t need to jump into this sort of field at this stage. The field contained only 2 or 3 riders who are not currently competing or have not previously competed in the UK. I don’t think any of us underestimate how difficult it would have been to compete in this field for an unseasoned rider. A number of experienced riders struggled during these rounds which says how tough it really was. Even though Robert won all but 1 of the support races at Gillman his times, while respectable, were a bit off the pace. He will have more than enough time in the future once he has completed a season or two overseas in the company of these riders.

Robert’s continued improvement during the off season at home I think shows he has an long and rewarding career ahead of him. I look forward to following his progress.

Jack