11. Peter Koji

12. Hans Siegl

13. Johann Klatovsky

14. Frederik Olsson

15. Tomas Cavigelli

16. Heinz Goldie

17. Martin Leithner

18. Rene Verhoef

Looks like Franky is really out to prove it this year - Antti Aakko too!

Bring on the Russians!

Yeah.Is he at St.Johann on Saturday?Haven't seen a line-up.If you look in on the inspeed site there is a bit of news about the Russian final and there were a couple of injuries today :( Just got the new Bahnsport today and looking to book my ticket for Berlin.Was hoping there would be some speedway in Hamburg but its looking very unlikely.The Hamburg on Ice thingy starts on the 20th and as there is no news i doubt anything is happening.Tried looking on their web-site and its not working :(

I've had a look on a few sites and e-mailed a friend but I'm unable to find out if Franky is at St Johann this weekend, however I do know he is riding in Sallfalden next weekend.

Mind you, I can hardly see him not making an appearance in his home country after such a great start to the season.

It looks like the Forum presence in Berlin is growing too, if you are planning a trip.

07.01.05 - Riders in Weißenbach

1. Johnny Tuinstra

2. René Verhoef

3. René Stellingwerf

4. Markus Skabraut

5. Franky Zorn

6. Antti Akko

7. Gunter Bauer

08.01.05 - Riders in St. Johann

1. Johnny Tuinstra

2. René Verhoef

3. Franky Zorn

4. Markus Skabraut

5. Tommy Flyktman

6. Toni Klatovsky

7. Jan Klatovsky

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

It felt good to read that A. Aakko had rode so well, and had beaten Frank Zorn. Last year if I remember correctly he not once beat N. Krasnikov, and since FZ seems like the man man to beat this year, it's good to get it over with this early in the season. I sincereally hope that AA makes his mark in the world champ's this year, and cant wait to see in the national champ's on 29. of January.

On other issues, how on earth can Zorn really be professional ice racer???? Season is 4 months with less than 20 meetings... Doesnt add up in my head!

I think you'll find that he is a professional Ice racer from the start of November to the Beginning of April. The rest of the year he works solidly without many breaks to allow him to race.

In fact many of the riders follow this path in that they do nothing else but race on the Ice for the season. Franky also has some good sponsorship from the Austrian arm of a some big companies

As for Antti - he is one of the best racers I have seen since I first saw his fellow countryman Jarmo Hirvasoya. When Antti is on form, not many riders can get past him. Two years ago in Assen he was unbeaten on the Saturday, with only Posa beating him on the Sunday - The Russians were no where near him.

If Franky and Antti can keep this form up when they meet the Russians, they could be a serious threat for honours.

Also, with there only being one round of the World championship in Russia - could Austria get it's first World champion or Finland, it's second?

I thin k you have to wait for World Championship. Bauer had a great start in Last years season like Robert Eibl (won last years Santa Cup) at the end he finished 8th in World Championship. I think the russians will be realy strong again. Stronger than Zorn Aakko Bauer.....

It felt good to read that A. Aakko had rode so well, and had beaten Frank Zorn. Last year if I remember correctly he not once beat N. Krasnikov, and since FZ seems like the man man to beat this year, it's good to get it over with this early in the season. I sincereally hope that AA makes his mark in the world champ's this year, and cant wait to see in the national champ's on 29. of January.

On other issues, how on earth can Zorn really be professional ice racer???? Season is 4 months with less than 20 meetings... Doesnt add up in my head!

I spoke to Franky in Assen last season & he told me that he would have to work for two weeks solid to pay for the motors that blew up in Russia. It's a pity that the sport can't get any TV coverage like it had 15 years ago when Screensport covered it.Maybe then more sponsorship could come in for the riders,then they may get the true recognition they deserve. When you think what a football player earns for booting a bag of wind up & down a field for 90 mins,i'm sorry but in my opinion,ice racer's are more talented & professional!!!!!!!

German Speedway Fan  Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

I thin k you have to wait for World Championship. Bauer had a great start in Last years season like Robert Eibl (won last years Santa Cup) at the end he finished 8th in World Championship. I think the russians will be realy strong again. Stronger than Zorn Aakko Bauer.....

Whilst I don't disagree with you GSF - it has to be said that Franky has only finished second in one race this year - the rest he has won.

I don't think Robert Eibl was winning as many as Franky this time last year.

I must admit that having seen Eibl over the last few years he has the attitude and the ability to go far as long as he doesn't fall to any serious injury.

As for the Rusians, it looks like the young guns are certainly up for it this year with Krasnikov, the Khomisewichs and the Ivanovs all showing well in the Russian Final.

I can't wait for the World Championship to start! :D

Wolfslayer  Posted Today, 04:11 PM

It's a pity that the sport can't get any TV coverage like it had 15 years ago when Screensport covered it.Maybe then more sponsorship could come in for the riders,then they may get the true recognition they deserve.

I spoke to Thomas Schifner who was the TV Screening Rights Holder to the Ice Racing Series last year at Assen.

He can only get it televised if Eurosport commission him to record the meetings.

It is too expensive for him to go out , hire a TV Crew and then try and "cold call" TV Companies. Especially as he would have to do the whole series.

Generally, broadcasters won't commission but express an interest if he came to them with a ready made programme. But without the money from a commission, he can't afford to hire a TV Crew - Chicken and Egg situation.

Edited by Conkers

German Speedway Fan   Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Whilst I don't disagree with you GSF - it has to be said that Franky has only finished second in one race this year - the rest he has won.

I don't think Robert Eibl was winning as many as Franky this time last year.

I must admit that having seen Eibl over the last few years he has the attitude and the ability to go far as long as he doesn't fall to any serious injury.

As for the Rusians, it looks like the young guns are certainly up for it this year with Krasnikov, the Khomisewichs and the Ivanovs all showing well in the Russian Final.

I can't wait for the World Championship to start! :D

Wolfslayer   Posted Today, 04:11 PM

It's a pity that the sport can't get any TV coverage like it had 15 years ago when Screensport covered it.Maybe then more sponsorship could come in for the riders,then they may get the true recognition they deserve.

I spoke to Thomas Schifner who was the TV Screening Rights Holder to the Ice Racing Series last year at Assen.

He can only get it televised if Eurosport commission him to record the meetings.

It is too expensive for him to go out , hire a TV Crew and then try and "cold call" TV Companies. Especially as he would have to do the whole series.

Generally, broadcasters won't commission but express an interest if he came to them with a ready made programme. But without the money from a commission, he can't afford to hire a TV Crew - Chicken and Egg situation.

Thanks Conkers, I would hate to think what it would cost to film the whole series funded out of your own pocket. Looking at the way the season as started,we're in for a treat this year.Sad to see Sasha Balashov out though. Edited by Wolfslayer

When you think what a football player earns for booting a bag of wind up & down a field for 90 mins,i'm sorry but in my opinion,ice racer's are more talented & professional!!!!!!!

That's what I thought, not PRO pro, 1/3 pro to be more exact. But I dont agree what you're saying on ice racer's, sure it take's a man to be an ice racer, but not as much talent as it takes to be a footballer. :o