British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian L

Double Delight!

Swindon 29  - 49 Cradley in the evening  (Crump 15max for Swindon!!)

I remember that. It was great. The way we celebrated Crumpie's maximum you would have thought Swindon had won.

Ipswich vs Peterborough - Good Friday 2003.

Hehehe - I remember that one well!

The one I don't want to remember is 2004's Panthers - Bees/Bees - Panthers debacle, which I think was on Easter Monday?. I knew I should have gone to Rye House in the evening instead. Oh wells.

I have done Glasgow (Shawfield) v Newcastle in the afternoon, and the return at Brough Park at 7.30 in the evening. Think it was 1993.

I also went to the 1988 World Pairs at Bradford, afternoon start, and then straight to Sheffield for a 7.30 start, that was on a Sunday night.

0 - 0 races, not seen one myself, but didn't that happen at White City, when all four riders in Heat 1 were excluded for 2 minutes, and then the ref subsequently put the 4 reserves on 2 minutes as well and excluded them?

I've done 4 meetings in two days before:

May 24 1998 Glasgow v Newcastle

May 24 1998 Newcastle 4TT

May 25 1998 Stoke v Glasgow

May 25 1998 Wolverhampton v Oxford

I'd love to see those Glasgow/Newcastle home-and-away meetings brought back, if only to save myself a half days annual leave.

Guest cheetahhawk

Did lots of two in one day meetings back in the 70's can't remember any details though but most would have involved Hackneyand Rayleigh and I think one may have been an Eastbourne in the afternoon then Canterbury at night.

Also done at least two lots of three meetings in one day. The only one I can really remember was in 1979 when Hackney rode at Reading at 11.00am and then White City at 3pm and back to Wimbledon for the Internationale at 7.30pm. I remember I didn't get to see much of the racing as I was trying to pacify Scorpio as he was only a few months old at the time and didn't like speedway as much as his mad parents did in those days. :D

those were the days when there was half as many vehicles on the road.. and roads were quiet on bank holidays..

and more tracks....closer together...

just tryin to imagine doing a "three track day" now,

:unsure:

Did lots of two in one day meetings back in the 70's

You did one last season Cheetahhawk ;) Dale Devils v Oxford then Berwick at night for the individual meeting.

Could have done 3 last year,as i went to the grasstrack at Teterow then a few hours later there was a speedway meeting.On my way back passed Güstrow where the last few (or last one) heats were still going on

Guest cheetahhawk

You did one last season Cheetahhawk ;) Dale Devils v Oxford then Berwick at night for the individual meeting.

So I did . :shock:

It's true when they say memories of years ago are easier to remember than more recent memories.

I must be getting old. :lol:

So I did . :shock:

It's true when they say memories of years ago are easier to remember than more recent memories.

I must be getting old. :lol:

Don't worry, I forgot as well...maybe it was the alcohol in my case :oops:

Or the fact you had no voice and couldn't say  :P  :lol:

:oops: :oops: shush!!!

0 - 0 races, not seen one myself, but didn't that happen at White City, when all four riders in Heat 1 were excluded for 2 minutes, and then the ref subsequently put the 4 reserves on 2 minutes as well and excluded them?

Yep 1975 I think White City v Swindon, Chris Morton rode as guest for Swindon, scored a max on an alleged way over sized motor. Still talked about at Swindon to this day. :)