British Speedway Forum
Gambo

2005 Gp Rules Published

The 2005 GP rules have at last been published on the FIM site.

Appendix 077 on the link below

FIM

Edited by Gambo

Will Leigh Adams get used to the fact its the A Final - its now called the 'Big Final' ! (page 18)

and am I reading the track reserve section correct .. 2 nominated track reserves that can take the place of a 2min exclusion or false start (tapes excl.) (section 077.3.6 page 10) so no 3 rider races then ? could result in a couple of upsets if soemone gets injured in ther opening heat, replaced by a track reserve who makes it through !

Will Leigh Adams get used to the fact its the A Final - its now called the 'Big Final' ! (page 18)

and am I reading the track reserve section correct .. 2 nominated track reserves that can take the place of a 2min exclusion or false start (tapes excl.) (section 077.3.6 page 10) so no 3 rider races then ? could result in a couple of upsets if soemone gets injured in ther opening heat, replaced by a track reserve who makes it through !

That's the way I read it. Most interesting, but apparentely track reserves can't ride in semi-finals or final.

Track reserves also pick up $2100 even if they don't get a ride.

I've noticed also that there's a lot better pay out for riders finishing outside of the top 8, (obviously due to the reduced number of riders).

1. If the meeting is interrupted before heat 16 is accomplished, and the

remaining heats cannot be completed the same day, then the results are not

taken into consideration and the whole meeting must be re-staged in

accordance with Art. 077.1.3 – Dates of the meeting.

2. If the meeting is interrupted before heat 20 is accomplished and the

remaining heats cannot be completed, then the race points scored at the

completion of heat 16 will determine the result.

What odd rules! Why if you run heats 17, 18, 19 and 20 do heat 1-16 suddenly become relevant but not before?! :blink:

That's the way I read it. Most interesting, but apparentely track reserves can't ride in semi-finals or final.

Track reserve CAN ride in the semi-final if they have fairly qualified. They just cannot replace an excluded rider.

1. If the meeting is interrupted before heat 16 is accomplished, and the

remaining heats cannot be completed the same day, then the results are not

taken into consideration and the whole meeting must be re-staged in

accordance with Art. 077.1.3 – Dates of the meeting.

2. If the meeting is interrupted before heat 20 is accomplished and the

remaining heats cannot be completed, then the race points scored at the

completion of heat 16 will determine the result.

What odd rules! Why if you run heats 17, 18, 19 and 20 do heat 1-16 suddenly become relevant but not before?! :blink:

After 16 heats, all riders have had 4 rides.

I looked at the figures for the prize winners and am I correct in thinking the winner of the GP gets paid around £5,800? I know the figures were in dollars but if you check the currency, that is roughly what it works out. Its pittence compared to other sports, I always thought they earned more than that for a GP win.

Track reserve CAN ride in the semi-final if they have fairly qualified. They just cannot replace an excluded rider.

Fairly qaulified meaning they've scored enough points to be in the top 8 thus into the semis ?

It also mentions that the 2 track reserves will take rides in turn.

So what happens if Antonio has a touch of the colly wobbles when the pressure is on with his left hand and a few tapes exclusions (like SWC 2004), plus other riders being excluded in the same way or under 2 mins ? The track reserves could end up having a few rides each between them and score enough to make the semis under their own steam (if good enough of course)

Also if a 1-16 rider is injured and withdraws in his 1st heat, would the track reserves alterante for the rest of his programmed rides ? so that sceanrio plus a few tapes excl or 2 mins exclusions from others - they could be very busy.

Under the old system - you goofed (tapes or 2mins) and it just meant a gap on the grid.

Lets hope the organisers don't pick also rans but riders who could pop out and mix it up as track reserves if given the chance and take points off the main contenders. (eg. Ales Dryml or Tom Topinka at the Czech GP as reserves if say Lukas got the wild card for that round)

Putting a poor reserve on the grid fills the start line, but after 30mtrs they're not in it. I remember a few years ago in the old British Final, Overseas final etc. (1990ish), Lee Coleman and Rob Homer getting a few rides in big meetings at Brandon as track reserves, no disrespect to either but they were never going to do much, so why bother, in fact juniors could have a fall at the back resulting in a re-run (no awarded races in the GP) which could upset the apple cart with the main contenders in the race and a different race outcome in the 2nd running, but we'd much rather have 4 rider races, with 4 competetive riders battling for 4 laps.

The only thing with sticking reserves in for tapes excls or 2 mins, is that you'll have slight delays in the meeting as the 2 mins will have to be re-started to allow the track reserve to get out on track.

Lets hope the organisers don't pick also rans but riders who could pop out and mix it up as track reserves if given the chance and take points off the main contenders. (eg. Ales Dryml or Tom Topinka at the Czech GP as reserves if say Lukas got the wild card for that round)

Putting a poor reserve on the grid fills the start line, but after 30mtrs they're not in it. I remember a few years ago in the old British Final, Overseas final etc. (1990ish), Lee Coleman and Rob Homer getting a few rides in big meetings at Brandon as track reserves, no disrespect to either but they were never going to do much, so why bother, in fact juniors could have a fall at the back resulting in a re-run (no  awarded races in the GP) which could upset the apple cart with the main contenders in the race and a different race outcome in the 2nd running, but we'd much rather have 4 rider races, with 4 competetive riders battling for 4 laps.

The only thing with sticking reserves in for tapes excls or 2 mins, is that you'll have slight delays in the meeting as the 2 mins will have to be re-started to allow the track reserve to get out on track.

Hola Papa

I think the tradition for a meeting reserve being one that is a much lower standard probably stems from their nominal fee and their local location - lets hope the £2000 attracts the guys it should be - I know i'd turn up for £2k!

I'd be suprised if any reserves managed to get enough rides in a meeting to qualify - let alone be good enough - but it would be an interesting situation indeed if it happened - would probably swallow up a wild card spot for the next GP though

The more I think about it the more sad it is that Loramski is out - this series is looking geared up for guys like him and Tomasz

The BSI guys have done well in changing the prize money - it was the guys at the bottom suffering - the top 8 I should imagine will hardly notice the change on top of their sponsorship

I'd be suprised if any reserves managed to get enough rides in a meeting to qualify

It could happen if there were injuries early-on in the meeting.

The BSI guys have done well in changing the prize money

If my calculations are correct, they're actually paying out less prize money in total than last year (USD 84,500 as oppossed to USD 85,300)

I think the quote is a bit out of context there Kevin - I meant the way it was top heavily structured