British Speedway Forum
Gambo

2005 Gp Rules Published

Winner 25

Second 20

Third 18

Fourth 16

Everyone else, the points scored in the qualifying heats.

The link provided at the start provides all the info.

Rico :rolleyes:

I went trough the book for a story, and found out that every rider has a chance to be in it, because every federation can offer riders for a wildcard. If enough riders are unavailable, "everyone" could be in it. Maybe I should apply for the race director-position. Hotel for three night's for FREE in every Grand Prix. And the meeting ref can overrule you during practise and the meeting itself, which means he can also run the practise and meeting himself... :D

But seriously it says that the ref can overrule race director, dont know how it was in the old book, but maybe there's a cut in RD's rights?

Haven't you already asked John Posslewhaite for that job or was it his job that you wanted? :D

Maybe I could start running Reading for him next year, if he finds the money... :lol:

I read the rules but don't remember seeing what happens when there is a tie for a top 8 place to qualify for the semi-finals. Is it race-off/countback/riding number?

I read the rules but don't remember seeing what happens when there is a tie for a top 8 place to qualify for the semi-finals. Is it race-off/countback/riding number?

077.9.2 Ties

After the completion of Heat 20

When establishing the order between the riders in the list of Intermediate

Classification at the conclusion of Heat 20 and for the purpose of deciding

riders qualified for the Semi-Finals, ties will be solved as follows:

a) Precedence will be given to the riders (tied on race points) having the

most number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th placings (a “0” for last placing is

better than being disqualified for whatever reason).

b ) If the tie still persists and involves only 2 riders, precedence will be

given to the better placed rider in the heat where the 2 riders met.

c) If the tie still persists and involves more than 2 riders, it shall be

checked whether there is a possibility to determine a proper

precedence (e.g. 3 riders tied on points: A, B, C:

rider A has beaten rider B

rider A has beaten rider C

rider B has beaten rider C

Then the precedence will be: best position for rider A, then rider B

and then rider C.

d) If solutions a), B) and c) cannot resolve the tie, then the lowest riding

number jacket will be deemed the better placed rider.

The FIM .pdf is broken guys so I suspect they're re-writing it in response to your queries??

Some hope!

Anyway, if they're not too long can someone consider posting them on here?

Here is my problem with the formula as laid down.

Every Grand Prix starts with Crump, Rickardsson, Hancock and Adams in heat 1. One of last year's top four is guaranteed to start off with 0 in his first heat. It is simply unfair. I can understand it for the first Grand Prix but after that surely it would make sense to modify the race card. The rider identification Nos could remain the same, but in different heats. Say Crump finishes 5th in Wroclaw, for the next Grand Prix place No 1 in the heats designated for No 5 and so on.

The way it is set up, every Grand Prix is the same except for a different wild card at No 16. It is unfair and it is wrong.

I was under the impression the starting positions (1-16) would be drawn out of a hat a week or so to each GP?

Therefore the starting orders are random

Just to confirm what Tom has already said, here is the artilce 077.3.7 from FIM Grand Prix rulebook :

077.3.7 Starting positions draw

The riders' starting positions draw for each Grand Prix meeting will be made by

the CCP Secretariat and announced as early as possible after the previous

meeting.

In case of a Qualified Reserve or Track Reserve rider taking the place of an

absent rider, he will be given the starting position draw of the rider he is replacing

in that meeting.

Here is my problem with the formula as laid down.

Every Grand Prix starts with Crump, Rickardsson, Hancock and Adams in heat 1. One of last year's top four is guaranteed to start off with 0 in his first heat. It is simply unfair. I can understand it for the first Grand Prix but after that surely it would make sense to modify the race card. The rider identification Nos could remain the same, but in different heats. Say Crump finishes 5th in Wroclaw, for the next Grand Prix place No 1 in the heats designated for No 5 and so on.

The way it is set up, every Grand Prix is the same except for a different wild card at No 16. It is unfair and it is wrong.

And that matters because? Lets assume Adams comes last, he could score 0,3,3,3,3=12. Yet if he met one each in a different heat he'd score 2,2,2,2,3=12. Difference being? To top score you have to beta all riders anyway, so it's really does not matter if you have the top 4 in the same heat or a different heat, if they lose to the other 3 they still get the same points, just in a different order.

All 16 riders meeting each of the 15 other riders once. Thats why this format is so good and used so universally (except at Newport where the promoter prefers to pay only 12 riders not 16).

Plus as has bene pointed out, it's not worked out that way, the riders have 2 numbers (rather like the EL, who said BSI should run the EL?) anyway, a GP number and a series number relating to there position last season.

077.9.2 Ties

After the completion of Heat 20

When establishing the order between the riders in the list of Intermediate

Classification at the conclusion of Heat 20 and for the purpose of deciding

riders qualified for the Semi-Finals, ties will be solved as follows:

a) Precedence will be given to the riders (tied on race points) having the

most number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th placings (a “0” for last placing is

better than being disqualified for whatever reason).

b ) If the tie still persists and involves only 2 riders, precedence will be

given to the better placed rider in the heat where the 2 riders met.

c) If the tie still persists and involves more than 2 riders, it shall be

checked whether there is a possibility to determine a proper

precedence (e.g. 3 riders tied on points: A, B, C:

rider A has beaten rider B

rider A has beaten rider C

rider B has beaten rider C

Then the precedence will be: best position for rider A, then rider B

and then rider C.

d) If solutions a), B) and c) cannot resolve the tie, then the lowest riding

number jacket will be deemed the better placed rider.

So no race-off between the riders as an option? Even the toss of a coin would be better than (d)! Whoever devised these rules should be exposed to the real world - might be an eye-opener for them :shock:

Have been reading a bit in the rules, but can't see where the track reserve rider is comming from the Qualified Reserve list (QRL) or . . . .?

As I see it, KB should be in as track reserve rider due to his qualification on the QRL.

Garf,

I was under the impression the Track Reserves will be local riders. So in theory there are 3 local wildcards in each meeting. One at 16 and two reserves.

The reserve list is only used for riders withdrawing prior to the meeting?